Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill ?'s - want agressive fill, might have leak, yadayadayada

I have the VG 10 cc band. Just had 2nd fill and has slight restriction for about a week then it went away...going again on the 7th for another one.

My Dr. refuses to give me any kind of aggresive fills. He says the more agressive the fill the more likely it is to slip from his experience. The last time I went he said he didn't pull barely any Fluid out from the 1st fill and I might have a leak!?! He said the original Dr. who put it in (Dr. Joya) may have punctured the band if I did have a leak.

However, Dr. Joya's people are saying that would be impossible since they test everything during and after surgery to make sure the product is not defective and nothing is leaking out. They are saying that since my Dr. does not use fluro (Dr. Billy) that perhaps HE put a hole in the band if there is one.

I am so confused...At $175 a pop I am wondering if I should just go to Puerto Vallarta for a fill under fluro since they are free for life?

However, I want to believe my Dr. because everyone says he is so good and he certainly seems to be very educated and well liked and spends plenty of time talking to me when I go in....I also love that he is in the US and only 10 minutes from my home. I'm also very luck that he will take patients from Mexico.

Any suggestions? I am so discouraged because I'm gaining back original weight I lost and I think I am only down about 10 lbs now since surgery back in June with the recent weight gain!

Oh, I do exercise 3 + days a week at Curves and log everything I eat at fitday.com and I'm averaging about 900 - 1300 calories a day. I drink a ton of Water and my fit day calculations I am burning about 2000 calories more a day then I am taking in.

I guess I need a fill to take my calorie intake anymore.

Oh and no I am not losing inches either.

Hi Beecheegirl!

I had the band placed by Dr. Joya one year ago. I get the biggest trophy for being the slowest looser, ever!!! :first:I went in for a fill today and I am presently at 9.3cc's!! I have struggled with loosing weight, period. Even with the band. I am down 32 lbs and it has been a year with the band. I decided to go in for a fill this afternoon after I gained 4 lbs in 4 to 5 days! I was feeling hopeless!! I m feeling great restriction tonight!

Well, I just want you to know that my first couple times for a fill had me on edge. It appeared that the saline evaporated or I had a leak!! I dont recall just how much did come back out when I went back for a 2nd fill, but it was not the same amount that was put in. This happened at least two times with the first couple fills. I, thankfully did not have a leak although. Today I should have had 9cc's pulled out and that is exactly what it was in the syringe. The fill tech put in another 3cc's today.

I just wanted to share my experience with you. In fact if you do a search under (leaks), you will find the information. You may very well have a leak, but I just wanted you to hear about my experience. Best of luck to you!!

Hi Beachee!! It's good to see you. I haven't lost for weeks until my first fill. Per my surgeon, it was the most he's ever given anyone at the first fill.....2.5 cc's. Each person is different as well as their band. Perhaps you do need an aggressive fill.

My surgoen did mine under flouro and I was able to watch the liquid go through until it slowed to the desired pace. I guess that's a slight pause? It was nice to see and I visualize everything I put in my mouth going through that little hole.

In my little world of experience, I would definitely choose to go with a fluoro at this point. It's really hard to say what is going on for sure.

Cindy ~ I love your signature. Too funny!!

I wish you both the very best!!!

Hi Beecheegirl!

I had the band placed by Dr. Joya one year ago. I get the biggest trophy for being the slowest looser, ever!!! :first:I went in for a fill today and I am presently at 9.3cc's!! I have struggled with loosing weight, period. Even with the band. I am down 32 lbs and it has been a year with the band. I decided to go in for a fill this afternoon after I gained 4 lbs in 4 to 5 days! I was feeling hopeless!! I m feeling great restriction tonight!

Well, I just want you to know that my first couple times for a fill had me on edge. It appeared that the saline evaporated or I had a leak!! I dont recall just how much did come back out when I went back for a 2nd fill, but it was not the same amount that was put in. This happened at least two times with the first couple fills. I, thankfully did not have a leak although. Today I should have had 9cc's pulled out and that is exactly what it was in the syringe. The fill tech put in another 3cc's today.

I just wanted to share my experience with you. In fact if you do a search under (leaks), you will find the information. You may very well have a leak, but I just wanted you to hear about my experience. Best of luck to you!!

Hello,

Thanks for replying. Yes, sounds like you went through EXACTLY what I am now experiencing. I am working out like crazy and still can't lose any weight!

I looked again for the last few weeks and I'm eating closer to 1200 calories a day. I believe my body won't lose weight until I'm about 800 cal a day or less - which is why I need MORE RESTRICTION!

Im the same way as you . Im eating between 1000-1300 and I have to be alot less for intake even though I go to the gym 4 days a week and I just got a fil yesturday and my band if full now, I only have about 10-15 to go to goal soooo Im hoping it works