Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yup, I suffer from F.L.S.

It is so hard to get my head wrapped around my new size. I'm holding to clothes that are too big for me. I have a hard time believing people when they say how ”small” I have gotten. The biggest one, my chair at work is so far from my desk that I have to reach for the keyboard. But I'm used to having it there because there are dents where the wheels were. But that's where I needed it because that's how big I was and needed to fit. Someone asked me why I was so far from the desk. I looked down, scooted in and answered with, oh I have FLS... Fat lady syndrome :)

Yup' date=' I suffer from F.L.S.

It is so hard to get my head wrapped around my new size. I'm holding to clothes that are too big for me. I have a hard time believing people when they say how ”small” I have gotten. The biggest one, my chair at work is so far from my desk that I have to reach for the keyboard. But I'm used to having it there because there are dents where the wheels were. But that's where I needed it because that's how big I was and needed to fit. Someone asked me why I was so far from the desk. I looked down, scooted in and answered with, oh I have FLS... Fat lady syndrome :)[/quote']

You are a trip!

That's funny!

I can't wait to have F.L.S.!

OMG' date=' you just caused me to scoot into my desk about 12"!

I have it too![/quote']

Isn't it crazy???!!! I'm sitting on the edge of my chair to make room for a butt that's no longer there and I'm far from the desk to make room for this invisible belly... FLS!!!

Love it! LOL FLS I have it too! ;)

I did something similar a couple of weekends ago at my MILs. She made dinner and we were all sitting at the table. She forgot something in the other room and walked behind me. Having ALWAYS been in the way, I ask "do you need for me to move up so you can get by?" She said "My butt ain't that big!"

I just blinked. I didn't understand. Then I realized I'd been so big for so long I just assumed I was still taking up a lot of space. It had nothing to do with her -- She had pleeeenty of room to scoot by.

ugh. FLS indeed.

FLS, I love it!

Haha. I love it and just realized I have it! I have been sitting on the edge of my chair away from my desk, now I know why people look at my weird! I also don't believe people when they tell me I am small! I just recently let go of my size 22/24 to size 16 clothes! I asked my husband to put then in the attic since they didn't fit, when he found out they were bigger and not smaller, he walked them to the curb!!!!.I flipped until he made me step back and take a deep breathe and look at myself. I won't be needing them anymore!

Michelle xo

Boy have you hit the nail on the head! I have dealt with this in a number of other situations, but after reading your note, I realized I was sitting far enough back from my desk to accomodate my no longer present bulgy tummy.

My biggest thing was I had to consciously work on the way I walked. My arms were too far out from my newly thin torso and my legs were swishing about a foot or air instead of jiggly thighs. Also I was kinda hunched to help even the load of 100+ extra pounds.

I also had a hard time recognizing my clothes (they all looked too small!) when doing laundry or shopping and walking through spaces that were formerly too small, such as down a narrow isle in the store if someone is already in it.

It's a fabulous problem to have, but it does require work. I wonder what else I'm still doing that I haven't thought about now that I've scooched my chair in!

Lynda

I have FLS as well! Glad someone came up with a name! Lol

I can help, pack up all your too big clothes and mail them to me!!! LOL...

I understand.. It's a total mental and emotional adjustment!!!

I also have FLS. I'm just used to sitting away from my desk in order for my chest not to rest on the desk.

And, I have not gotten up the courage or nervous , to pack up my old clothes(22/24). I now wear a size 10, unbelievable!!!

i can't wait to have FLS!!!!!! :D