Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chronicles of Cloe!!!!!

:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:

Here ye Here ye.....one and all on the Canuck Thread.....This is hereby christened the "Chronicles of Cloe" Thread!!!

*smashes bottle of cyrstal light over Cloe's head (ummmm I mean thread) with one hand & cuts yellow ribbon with other*.

ahhhh.....tis now open for bidness!!!!

:whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :welcome:

Hey Cloe... when are you getting a fill? hee hee There's something for you to talk about ! :(

Mandi, were did your ticker go?

So I thought of something to post. I'll probably bore all of you, though. Next Friday we start lambing here on the farm. We lamb three times a year. In January, May and September. So, during the month of September, there may be times where you don't here from me for a day or two. There has to be someone in the barn 24 hours a day, and it's just my husband and me, mostly. We are expecting about 250-300 lambs this lambing. Thats not to bad, because in Jan and May we usually get around 350-400 lambs. I thought it would be neat to take a picture of me with my lambs, (I think Mandi mentioned that to me) I'll try to get one and figure out how to post it on here. Won't be for a few weeks though. So thats my exciting news. Geez, thought for a while this would be a wasted thread. My life is kinda boring.

*this will be my first lambing since being banded, its gonna be alot easier climbing over gates at 291 then it was at 347, Yeahhhhhh!!!!

My ticker's gone? I still see it. Hmmm...

That WAS me who said you should take those pictures... when you told me how freakin' small lambs were when they're born, I said you HAVE to scoop up an armfull of lambs... like... 8 of 'em and take a picture. I'm serious... I NEED to see baby lambs. LOL

Hello girls

I am counting down the days till my surgery. 28 days. eeeek! I can't weight to be skinny!

What I am really was wondering is if any of you would be able to tell me the hotel nearest to a good mall and a Winners and not too far from either the airport OR the TLBC. Can any one HELP? I will be in Toronto the day before my surgery so I will NEED to shop!:biggrin1:

Thanks tons!

Ya, sorry about that Mandi, your tickers fine. Thats my stupid dial-up for ya! Your ticker still hadnt come up after I wrote my 10 minute story..lol

And for sure, you'll see lambs, they are sooooo cute when there born. Hey mandi, my digital camera takes videos, would that work if I downloaded a small clip , or does it only work on here with still shots?

Hi Lila, hey, I'm excited for you too!!!!! I think Yoda has more knowledge about the airport area, but keep me informed because if shes not sure, I can find out for sure. I have a couple of friends (not here), that know Toronto like the back of there hand. To be honest with you, Im not even sure where TLBC is?

GRrrrrr I hate it when that happens....I just posted a long reply and it has gone to never never land....

Shall try again.

Cloe: Okay, so I can assume that "lambing" means sheep giving birth, right?! LOL I wasn't sure! I thought at first that it might mean slaughtering or something!!! Really, I don't know; I have no idea how the lamb/sheep business works!!! Migawd, that is a lot of lambs/sheep....what do you do with 'em? (I'm almost afraid to ask!).

Lila: when I had my surgery at TLBC, I had to stay overnight so Mr. Yoda stayed at a hotel right around the corner from TLBC. No worthwhile malls around there except for the Eaton's Centre (about a 10 min cab ride). I think there is a Winners on Spadina....sort of just south of Bloor (which is again only about 5 mins drive from TLBC)....I remember seeing it there. There are a zillion gazillion hotels around the airport and some fairly good malls not far from there either. I don't know your circumstances tho....(ie. will you have a car etc).

Yoda - We raise the lambs to about 60 lbs. Then we ship them to the stockyards and there sold for their meat. It's really very sad......but it pays the bills, and they have a very healthy and fun life here with us until then.

WHAT>????? You mean, those trucks I see going down the road with slats in them where they sometimes have cows, pigs and sheep are going to a stockyard????!!!

*light bulb coming on*.

Mr. Yoda has always told me that they are just out having a ride in the fresh air for a change of scenery....like a special treat.

I'm gonna have to have a chat with him.

Can't wait to see pictures of the lambs. They must be so cute. That's an interesting business you are in.

Hi yoda

I will not have a car. My sister is coming to Toronto w/ me. We are flying in. She is afraid to drive...she's afraid of everthing actually!!! So we will be cabbing it. either we stay near the airport and close to shopping mall and take taxi to clinic for surgery. Or stay close to clinic and take taxi for shopping, same but different!!! We live in northern ontario, shopping at Walmart is the excitement in our lives, so going to toronto and shopping at big mall ...well:whoo: If I was not so excited about my surgery I'd be very excited about the shopping!!

Shopping... good.

Hi yoda

I will not have a car. My sister is coming to Toronto w/ me. We are flying in. She is afraid to drive...she's afraid of everthing actually!!! So we will be cabbing it. either we stay near the airport and close to shopping mall and take taxi to clinic for surgery. Or stay close to clinic and take taxi for shopping, same but different!!! We live in northern ontario, shopping at Walmart is the excitement in our lives, so going to toronto and shopping at big mall ...well:whoo: If I was not so excited about my surgery I'd be very excited about the shopping!!

Shopping... good.

Here is a website for one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) shopping centre in Toronto:

http://www.shopsquareone.com/

It is only a 10-15 mins drive from Pearson Airport and I'm sure there are hotels near the mall. So you could always stay in one of those and then cab it to TLBC. Make sure you tell the cabbie to take you to TLBC via the highways and NOT thru town (or that will be a rip off)....they should take you via the 427 South to the QEW, exit at Spadina and go up that way....

Anyways, Square One Mall is HUUUUUUUGE and a wee bit better than Wallmart!

I'm sorry....you prob already said and I may have missed it....but are you going to TO a day or two BEFORE your surgery to shop? (I hope it is before and not after!!).