Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats Your Diet 4 Months Out?

I like to know what works for others, and what other people are doing. Well, isnt that why we are all on VST? ;-) lol. Anyway, Im curious what others daily diets are like 4 months out. Maybe you guys can give me some ideas!

I had no food complications during my VSG and I'm just over 4 months out. I can eat anything (just less of it of course). I do low carb so my diet is lean meats and cheese

I was told after 3 months I can start to add in all foods again.

I ate anything! I kept my diet high Protein and some veggies. ;)

I stay low carb so I eat a lot of hard-boiled eggs, Soups, meats, cheeses, and veggies. Breakfast is usually a hard boiled egg or greek yogurt. lunch is a salad or Soup. dinner is soup or something easy like chicken or turkey with cucumbers. Throughout the day I may snack on beef Jerky or dry almonds and then I drink AT LEAST half a bottle of Isopure. I try to drink the whole thing but I usually can't get through it.

From 2 months on I ate whatever I wanted, but I stuck to a healthy, low carb, high Protein diet.

I've said this many times, but I'll say it again, I find that keeping foods interesting and full of flavors helps me feel like I am not missing out. Your diet doens't have to be all cottage cheese and grilled chicken. I am all about hot sauce and blackening chicken and fish. I eat pepperoncinis as a snack. I crave flavor. Garlic, spices, they work!

I made French onion Soup. OMG. It was delicious and very much on my diet.

I love salad, so I eat that almost daily, but I often put some tuna, chicken or shrimp on it.

If I have a craving for chicken wings, I'll pan cook some shrimp and toss them in buffalo wing sauce, then dip them in greek yogurt or light blue cheese. This is so yummy, but still on my diet. There is some fat in the blue cheese, but I'm only using 1/2 T.

Hope this helps with ideas.

Heatherr- you're my hero. All that sounds so omg delicious. I never thought of buffalo shrimp.... Mmmm

I usually have a Jimmy Dean turkey sausage link, an egg or cottage cheese, and some red grapefruit sections from the jar for breakfast. For lunch, rolled up turkey deli meat with muenster cheese and a bread and butter stacker pickle, or a pouch of Starkist Sandwich ready albacore turkey on a wasa cracker with muenster cheese on top under the broiler. For dinner 3 or 4 oz. of lean meat and green vegetable or salad. I am 5 1/2 months out. I snack on raw almonds or cheese sticks. No more junk food for me!

I'm at 3 1/2 months out and can eat small amounts of most anything. Because I have been on a low carb diet, I don't find I have much craving for sweets... But I do allow myself a few indulgences now and again. I always have a Protein Shake for breakfast and one for lunch, and usually an afternoon snack of lunch meat and cheese. dinner usually involves a salad and a Protein, but this week I did have some stock velvet Thai dynamite chicken from Pei Wei (no rice)... Mmmm! Not bad at about 300 calories for what I ate ( not an everyday food). I also 2-3 x a week will have 1/2 a skinny cow ice cream sandwich (75 calories), or a small bowl of popcorn. I find raw cucumbers are an excellent snack that really fills me up and has almost no calories too. So far I'm down 53 pounds, and really don't feel I'm depriving myself- I tend to eat what I want, just in much smaller quantities, and I log everything on myfitnesspal (docangtx12) to keep me on track!

I will be 4mos out on the 13th, and I can eat anything, just not very much of it....I don't have any appetite, and have to force myself to eat. I always do Unjury chocolate Splendor for breakfast, then a sharp cheddar cheese stick for a mid day snack, yogurt, or a fruit, then on to dinner, which is whatever I fix...always includes a high Protein. Then I finish up my day with another Unjury Shake....I am down 80lbs post op. The only issue I find, I am not getting enough calories (per my nut). I tend to only eat about 2oz of regular food, but liquids don't bother me at all...I get restricted, a lot! Its rather annoying. Trying new foods always scares me, because I never know the effect it will have on me.