Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 days and counting!

I am about 8 days away from my surgery and my emotions are running high! Anywhere from excited to scared, to very happy to aprehensive, doubtful to determined. I can only imagine how I am going to feel the night before. I am also worried about vomiting, I tend to wretch when I do, I know there are medications out there to help this, but what if it doesn't work??

I am hoping that all goes as well, like so many people on this board and that I am home the next day, but that little fraidy (sp) cat in the back of my brain is always jabbing at me, what if this happens and what if that happens..

Soon my day will come and I will soon be back home, and that is what gets me through each day!

Sorry if I am sounding a bit, well weird, but if I do not try to voice this from time to time, my brain will explode!

Thanks again everyone for all your stories and comments and helpful hints!

Baileym

June 14th:p

I was banded 5/26. I felt all your feelings and more. The anestheologist will talk to you before your surgery. I always have to have them put something in the i.v. for naseau. It works. Best of luck!

Baileym, what you're going through is perfectly understandable!! I remember driving to work the week before surgery and thinking "Next week at this time I'LL BE BANDED" (insert orchestral flourish here). "This is my last day at work as a non-banded person." (Dramatic drumroll.) And on and on.

It is a big thing. Just try not to torture yourself...the time will pass quickly and you'll be a bandster before you know it! :cool:

Yes, Because of my muscle disorder I have met with the anestheologist and I know he is adjusting the kind of muslce relaxant in the meds. I know my surgeon has it listed (the non vomiting stuff) so I am praying for the best!

We are going to see STYX, Frampton and the Nelson bos. that weekend so it will keep my mind off it for awhile.

I know I have to be at the hospital bright n early on Monday so we are staying the night at my mothers so I can just wake up and leave my daughter sleeping.

I am hoping to be home around 4 ish Tuesday afternoon!

I can not think of anything else but that day, it is so weird!! Exciting, scared, anxious but weird!

Baileym

_________

June 14th

Mine is on June 25th so we will be close. I am glad to hear your feelings are on a roller coaster, mine are too, and I am very much older and should have a handle on my feelings. I guess it is normal. It surprised me, I had thought it out and was very confident, now, a little jittery. I will be keeping up with you and best of luck!

I was banded 4-2-04 and I was also scared and excited. I got more scared as the time grew closer but it all went great and I got back home and it has been an exciting journey ever since.

Two weeks after banding ya'll will be up and at'em like before only better 'cause you'll have your bands. Try and hang in and think about not feeling starved right after eating, not being consumed by thoughts of food and looking forward to the next meal, feelin full (a full like I had never felt before) after only eating a small amounts. These are my experiences before and after. You will be able to say with feeling I LOVE MY BAND!!

Good luck ya'll will do fine!

Carolyn

texasbelle,Sunnyone41

It feels good to read responses like this and know I am on the right track emotionally and physically... I have been through so much, according to Alex more then the average bandster. I didn't realize it until she said I was intimidating!

Will do my best to keep in touch!

Thanks again!

Baileym

_________

June 14th

I didn't realize it until she said I was intimidating!

LOL! You're not intimidating, but your obstacle course could be. You, however, are an inspiration to others facing the same sort of pre-op turmoil. :cool: