Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need encouragement today bad...yesterday was a didn't eat the best day. My family is going to a grill out tonight and I am a little depressed about it. I can't eat what they r or drink so i don't even want to go! But the kids and my husband are looking so forward to it. I need to go for a walk and I feel so negative right now. Any advice would b appreciated. I m feeling a little lost right now. I m literally tearing up..

I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad! I haven't had my surgery but I can only imagine how hard it is.

I will be praying for strength for you. Hang in there!! It will all be worth it!

I think most of us have gone thru this in one way or another. I know I have. I had my surgery in Cancun and we went early to spend a few days enjoying the beach. I was on Clear liquids at the time, and I know, at the beginning, I had a couple pity parties when my husband would be having his meals. I finally realized I had to just suck it up and enjoy the experience and not worry about the food. I eventually would even go to the restaurants with him and sip Water and lemon and just enjoy where I was and who I was with.

I guess my advice would be to focus on your family's get together and not the food being served. (I know easier said than done) But we need to learn to replace food with something else.

I hope you are feeling better and your days get easier :)

and..... here's a great big HUG!!!!!

Thank you so much for the awesome help. I actually had a great time! I focused on the company not the food:)

Hey. I'm really not trying to diminish your feelings here...I know just what you mean. My Dad died on Tuesday and I've spent the last 6 days sitting in the house with my hubby, kids, mom and sisters while everyone who ever met any of us or my dad brought every kind of cake, bread, fruit, meal imaginable to comfort us. I'm tempted to go take a picture of my kitchen to attach to this post, just to prove the insane amount of food in this house. I'm torn between wanting to be sick at the sight and wanting to dive face first into the madness. I'm glad we sleevers have this forum to vent our frustrations. I don't think anybody else can truly get some of the emotions we go through!

Hey. I'm really not trying to diminish your feelings here...I know just what you mean. My Dad died on Tuesday and I've spent the last 6 days sitting in the house with my hubby' date=' kids, mom and sisters while everyone who ever met any of us or my dad brought every kind of cake, bread, fruit, meal imaginable to comfort us. I'm tempted to go take a picture of my kitchen to attach to this post, just to prove the insane amount of food in this house. I'm torn between wanting to be sick at the sight and wanting to dive face first into the madness. I'm glad we sleevers have this forum to vent our frustrations. I don't think anybody else can truly get some of the emotions we go through![/quote']

I am truly sorry to hear about your dad. That would b a tough, tough time. Make sure to talk to any of us on here. Talk about a time you would usually use food to comfort. Please let us know if you need to talk. ......hugs.....