Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I'm still here, too...just trying to juggle too much at once...lol...between work and school and three year old and fitting the gym in and my hubby and HIS school...lol

Glad your checking in TruBlueSue! Halfway there. Congratulations!

Tami- I had popcorn yesterday too. Went to the movies with DH and couldn't resist his. I have been having a hard time eating Cereal in the morning and meat all the time. It's getting a little old. I'm not has hungry though, so I guess there is the rub! Tradeoffs. It's not very fun. I'm trying to stay strong! Did my treadmill today. 45 minutes at a 6% incline. I never seems to get easier. I feel like complaining today! Well, I'm late for church and I don't really care, but my DH and daughter are already there, so I guess I better go...

Big 0 loss for me this week. A little dissapointed but I guess it is better than gaining...

MimIN... I am in the same club as you this week "0" loss. Even though I had surgery in Oct. for women issues, I no longer get my monthly but for some reason I still bloat, swell, get stomach cramps, and gain weight during that time of month. Hopefully next week will be better for both of us.

I'll join the "0" club, too! I think I'm going to call the doc for a small tweak. The two pounds I lost week before last was at the beginning of the week, so it's been almost two weeks since the scale moved. It's no wonder, I *am* eating more. But, that's because I'm hungrier!

I did exercise 4 times last week, though! I'm on track there!

Tami

1/20

No Exercise

B: 1 c. Kashi Go Lean Crunch; 1/2 c. 1% milk, coffee w/ Creamora Lite and S&L

L: Chick Fil-a chicken salad sandwich (ate 1 piece of the toast), couple bites carrot raisin salad

S: 2 mini Bonbell cheese rounds

D: Outback: 2 gl. white wine, 4 pieces seared Ahi appetiser, chopped salad

1/21

30" Elliptical, 30" Cybex, lower body

B: 1 c. Kashi w/milk; coffee

L: 3 oz. teriyaki pork; 1/2 c. broccoli

D: Salad with leftover teriyaki pork, almond slivers, and honey mustard dressing

S: Yogurt

I'm down 1 lb. for the week. Did 2, 1 hour sessions of Water aerobics.

I have bounced back and forth with about 2 lbs. all week. One day elation, the next day disappointment. I have eaten some things that were "firsts" since the surgery (that I shouldn't have). I thought I needed a fill week before last, and I think I could still use some "tweaking" too. Or a fast upper cut to the lower jaw. LOL.

Down 1# gym 3 days

Reporting in for last week:

3 pound weight loss

Exercised 5 times last week

Went to Water aerobic today, was lots of fun

Plan on eating right and trying to stay POSITIVE!

Well, I'm pretty pleased with myself. For my 50th birthday, DH took me to Atlantic City for 3 days. I ate a lot less than I would have eaten when I was prebanded, but definately MORE than what has become usual for me now.

I winced as I got on the scale this morning and hesitantly peeked down.

YIKES! 2 lbs down.

I do feel it's time for a little fill, however. Waaaay too much food was going down too easily.

I'm here. Lost 4 lbs, gained 2. Having rough time. Ex-husband died. Ate like pig. Went in for my 4th fill. Had a major vaso-vagal episode. Yuk. Couldn't do fill. Scheduled for 2/2 w/flouro. Bummer. I think I'm depressed. I haven't been excercising or eating right or anything. Just sitting around holding ex-husband's dog. Pray please. Katt

April, I just read your story about the band slipping. Wow, I am so sorry. We all fear we will be the one and I'm sorry it had to be one of our group. :cry Please keep us up to date and keep your chin up!

I was 198 all weekend then creeped back up to 199 this morning. I've had a hard time eating this weekend d/t a wicked cold and sinus congestion (has anyone else experienced this?) My body is hanging onto those calories for dear life I think!:)

Still, I am very pleased to be in Onederland for the first time in years...and grateful to see a slow but downward trend. Have been trying to kick up the workouts a little more with weight training.

So, down 2 pounds since last week. Got only 2 workouts in d/t icy roads and a cold. :sick

Does anyone know why I can't seem to post two tickers on my signature? I can only do one or the other. Does it help if they come from different webpages?

Katt, hang in there. Life is strange isn't it? I'm sorry to hear about your ex...and sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I've dealt with grief issues both personally and professionally and if there's one thing I've learned it's not to try to make sense out of the strange things we do, think, or feel when experiencing a loss. None of it will make sense, just accept where you are at the time and be patient with yourself.

I hope that doesn't sound patronizing or too simplistic. It's just my experience from my own little corner of the world.

Most importantly, keep in touch with us and let us know how you're doing.

hello all, up and down all week. ended up at 0 gain 0 lost.

Katt, you are going through a hard time. I am sorry about your ex. try to hang in there until your emotions get leveled out. if you feel like you have to emotional eat then try eating things that aren't sugar. those 100 calorie snack crackers are good, or there is always carrots. I am a fine one to talk, my emotional eating goes crazy. but It takes someone out of control to step back and help others. maybe it will help me too.

get my 2nd fill thursday. does anyone have a 10 cc band? they only put in 1cc, how much will it hold until it closes off your throat? I can sometimes feel some restriction with 1cc. that doesn't seem like much I'm probably imagining it. things get stuck if I don't chew enough though.

ok next question.. when you are getting used to the restriction should you eat casseroles or something soft or just dig into anything and try to remember to chew?

best to all of you

Katt: It's good to hear from you even if you are not happy with your band situation. I know it is very rough, what you are going through. But although I don't want to make light of your problems with the band, please notice that many of us September Bandsters have had trouble the past couple of weeks with our lack of weight loss.

When I've gone through the grieving process, several times, I get this huge knot in my stomach. I want to eat and I do eat, but it is painful. That knot sits in the pit of my stomach wanting to scream at the pain I'm sending down. I don't think anyone can understand it unless they experience it.

Please don't worry too much right now about dieting. Your nervous system has to be compromised right now. Stress can do terrible things. Give yourself some time to work through all this. Love that pup and cry as much and as often as you can. It is very cathartic. We do pray for you.