Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, I Just Don't Understand!

I am very frustrated because I can't seem to stop eating carbs and sweets. I just can't keep them out of my mouth! lol... but really, the dumb scale says I've gained 2lbs in the past week. I started working out 3 weeks ago and scale still doesn't move. I just don't understand, if someone has Myfitness pal, look at my logs, what am I doing wrong?? I wouldn't stress so much, but I want to win the weight loss pool at work. Any suggestions welcomed. I am really thinking about doing the 5 day pouch test, but hate to do liquids because I don't drink Protein drinks, hate them with a passion. I currently eat Protein Bars instead. Help please!!

for me, if I don't buy them and have them around me..then I won't consume them. No carb is the best way to maximize the weight loss. No sugar, no processed white flour, and no carbonated beverages. If write down your weight on a calender on the same day each week, you'll see the benefit of having a healthy week. This makes me want to turn in a better number week after week. Monday's are my "log" days on my wall calendar. Turned out to be a great motovator

I am very frustrated because I can't seem to stop eating carbs and sweets. I just can't keep them out of my mouth! lol... but really, the dumb scale says I've gained 2lbs in the past week. I started working out 3 weeks ago and scale still doesn't move. I just don't understand, if someone has Myfitness pal, look at my logs, what am I doing wrong?? I wouldn't stress so much, but I want to win the weight loss pool at work. Any suggestions welcomed. I am really thinking about doing the 5 day pouch test, but hate to do liquids because I don't drink Protein drinks, hate them with a passion. I currently eat Protein Bars instead. Help please!!

There are a few different kinds liquid Protein that you can add to your Water

Sunkist Protein they come in 25 and 42 grams protein zero fat and zero sugar

New whey Liquid Protein they come in 25 and 42 grams protein zero fat and zero sugar

I got mine at the Vitamin store you can get them at Amazon too or online with someone

The taste good as long as you add them to Water otherwise I thought they were to sweet.

First off.....Dont beat yourself up! The popular saying round here is they remove your stomach, not the brain that craves the food!

Its gonna take a while for you to have a happy relationship with those "nasty" carbs and sugars.

That being said, I refuse to go hardcore with my diet- I accept that I am going to have to figure out what works for me and rock it that way.

If you like your occational chocolate or enjoy those pringles (and if you are far enough along) DO IT- but do it in MODERATION!

Have intake goals for yourself- Protein, calories, sugars, carbs, etc- but make sure the excercise balances out the intake.

Yesterday I had a slice of smoked gouda cheese and a piece of dark chocolate- 300 calories just in that!!! So I busted my tush at the gym last night and burned 600.

If you have a craving- indulge in it- in moderation and make up for it in the gym, bedroom, whatever.....

Also keep in mind that if you are working out, you are building muscle- which weighs more than fat- and you could be seeing a scale slowdown because of that.

Dont stress, drink lots of Water and it will happen. :)

thank you all for the tips and encouragement! I try not to stress but that darn scale gets the best of me some days. I feel and look better than ever and I am very proud to have lost a total of 85 lbs already (lapband and sleeve combined). I just really want to win the contest need the $$ and I only have 2 weeks to loose some lbs!!

I just remembered I have the Syntrax Protein Drinks, I need to get back on them.