Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Weeks Post Op And Not A Single Regret!

Pre- op, my fears:

I will never be able to eat like a Normal person again

I will miss my favorite foods

I can't possibly eat so much Protein

I am afraid of the nausea

I am afraid of the pain

I am afraid of dying under anesthesia

I am afraid of the surgeon damaging my liver

I am afraid of waking up after anesthesia and being really nauseous and sick

I am afraid of a leak

I am afraid of my tastes changing

I am afraid that I will have an obstruction

I am afraid of contracting a hospital born virus

I am afraid my energy will never return

POST OP TRUTHS:

2 weeks out and I am eating and tolerating GOOD food

There is nothing so far that I couldn't eat: panera Soups, chili, lobster, portabella mushrooms, bean Soup with cheese and sour cream

I make protein a priority, 50 grams (shake plus a Greek yogurt by noon)

I haven't had 1 nauseous moment except for right after surgery and zofran fixed that

The pain was a 2 out of 10. I was off the Diluadid drip the next day and never took the hydro condone

Once home. I did feel some heaviness in my lower belly and the gas was no biggie. I walked 3 hrs after surgery a d just kept walking

Anesthesia was a brainer. The anesthesiologist asked me about my job and then told me it was over! They were awesome

I woke up feeling totally fine. A little discomfort, but coherent and not in pain

Had a leak test in the hospital and all clear

My tastes have changed, but for the better. Too sweet turns me off

Everything is moving through the system as planned...no obstruction

Wounds healed in a few days, was s.epping on my belly by day 3

2 weeks out and I am doing the revlon run walk in NYC

So happy with how I feel and food has been deprioritized from my mind. I do get craving and I do feel genuine hunger, but I am able to address it. I ate cheese and crackers for dinner tonight...I had a yearning for it and i made it work.

To anyone debating...go for it! I can't tell you how your mind and body change for the good once your on the losers bench!

Wow...I totally agree with all of your fears! That was me all the way!

I hope I feel the same, my surgery is one week. I'm a positive person with a high pain tolerance, so I am hopeful. Thx for sharing tho, makes me even more excited!

That list of fears could have been written by me. I'm so happy you're journey has been so seamless so far. I'm hoping for the same.

That's an amazing recovery I am nearly 2 weeks out however still on liquid. I noticed your eating solids is this allowed by your doc

Good for you attitude is 90% of the battle. Keep it up!

I would probably feel the same way if I had lost more than 9 lbs post op so far n was on something besides clears still. I'm feeling a little discouraged right now. Doc thinks I should have lost atleast 20 lbs post op by now.

that sounds great!! how much have you lost?

Wow that's great I had surgery on the first, and while I don't have any major pain I'm barely drinking a 16 oz bottle of crystal light with a Jello. What's your diet like

Thanks so much for posting this! I'm heading to Mexico for surgery on Thursday, I hope things go as smoothly as they did for you! :)

My surgeon requires puréed food from 3 days post op to 2 weeks and then mashies for 2 weeks. The mushed food is of coarse better than the puréed. I can eat Soups, seafood, fish and cheeses pretty easily. Really it depends on the day... I have had food get stuck because I ate too much or too fast, but I am getting better at gauging...it is such a learning process. As for weight... HW:226, Preop diet:208, SW:202, 2 weeks postoperative:193. Current weight is unknown...I refuse to weigh myself and battle with the scale right now. But I can tell my clothes are so loose!

What a great post!!! And yeah I could have written the pre op fears too!!!!

The idea of deprioritizing food is what is keeping me motivated!! Thank you for your post!

Thank you so much for this! It's good to read a week out from my own surgery!!!

Sent from my iPad using VST

good for you!!! i had the same fears... and now that im 1 week post op i feel great.. i havent had this much energry in so long!!! i eat mushy food.. but i read you ate crackers??? is that ok to eat im dying for a cracker but on my plan it said i can have 4 weeks post op.... im super excited i bought a scale and weighed myself 26 lbs down in a week.. i was amazed! loving life