Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bought The Tickets, Still No Suport

Will I did it. I bought my non refundable airplane tickets. May 23 with Trish and Dr. Prons in Tijuana is my date. Last time here I reported that I didn't have any family support. Well, I still don't. I haven't told them I took the next step and made a date. I don't think I will. With being an over the road truck driver I can just leave with my truck and park at my terminal and jump on the metro to the airport. Then deal with the aftermath when I get back. With them seeing that I made it though the surgery it should be easer.

Good luck with the surgery. I hope your support system kicks in when you get back.

You know, when I first read your story, Candyman, that is exactly what I was saying to myself. "He should just jump on a plane and do it. Deal with the aftermath later."

It's not their life, it is yours. Good luck and if they still don't support you afterward, then screw 'em!!

My family was not supportive either. It hurts but I decided to not include them in my journey and continue with the process for MYSELF. They eventually came around AFTER the procedure. A lot of it could be they are just afraid for you. Nevertheless do this for you, you deserve it. I hope it all goes well.

Good for you!! You are taking care of you and I do pray that your family comes around when it's all said and done. We will be here for you!! Good luck and God Speed!

I want to add my wishes for your trek and for a speedy recovery. Keep us informed.

Thanks all, I feel better knowing in doing the right thing. I thought you guys were going to beet me up. Lol

Best of luck to you brother. I'm sure you'll be just fine. Keep us updated!!

Good luck! I don't have a lot of positive support either. It's scary for people who love us to support us going somewhere with such a bad reputation. Not to mention the people who don't have a clue how we, the larger population are treated or how we feel Healthwise. My husband is against me 'butchering' my body, so it's hard for me to verbalize my own concerns with him. But I'm going too! Stay safe, and prayers.

Please make sure someone know where you are...maybe someone you trust. You don't want something to happen to you (crossing my fingers it doesn't) and no one in your family knows what happened ti you or where you are....just a thought!

Believe it or not my brother in law and his wife are the ones I'm telling and they 100% supports me.

Good luck! I don't have a lot of positive support either. It's scary for people who love us to support us going somewhere with such a bad reputation. Not to mention the people who don't have a clue how we, the larger population are treated or how we feel Healthwise. My husband is against me 'butchering' my body, so it's hard for me to verbalize my own concerns with him. But I'm going too! Stay safe, and prayers.

You are not butchering your body, my cuts and scars are no different than when I had my tubes tied. And what about your health. isn't that more important to your husband? I was afraid to tell my husband that I wanted this surgery, but knew I wanted him to be a part of my decision. I have not been a very happy person, always being the heaviest inlaw in the family and hating to go to family events. Also, my mother, brothers have all had back problems, back surgeries, knee replacements. I did not want to go down that road. Good luck to you on this journey. Dawn

I might be able to keep this quiet. I just got my credit card limit increased so I don't have to go into our saving. The wife would have seen the $5,500 withdraw.

Dawn, exactly how I feel. I wish I had his support, but this has to be done. It's the uneducated on wls population that doesn't get it.