Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Often Do I Eat?

Yesterday I was okayed for the full liquid part of the post op diet. I know what to eat, how to eat it, and when to stop. But don't know how often I'm supposed to eat. If I wait till I'm hungry I'll never eat. Getting my liquids in, just not sure when to eat.

My doc told me to do 3 meals a day, and a lite snack if needed. I think it's good to be on a 3 meal a day routine. Because that seems normal to me. That's what ppl do.

I eat three meals, and a snack inbetween or a RTD Protein Shake. But for a snack I usually have a cheese stick. I try to stay at 4 - 6 oz. for my meals til I reach my goal which is only 12 lbs. away! Love my sleeve!

Thank you guys. That makes complete sense. And congrats dreamsleever... New wardrobe in your near future and a pamper day?

For me it's three 4oz meals and two 2oz Snacks. However because I work such long days I usually need to add in a third snack to get through the day.

My doctor said to eat 10-12 times a day at first. These should be planned meals, not just random Snacks. Keep it healthy, eat often and wisely, and you'll be fine. Calorie counting isn't really that important at the beginning for most people because most of us are not eating enough to really be considered significant amounts. I'd say eat whatever sounds good just to get some fuel for your body to run on. Plenty of time to count calories after you've recuperated from surgery.

For me it's three 4oz meals and two 2oz Snacks. However because I work such long days I usually need to add in a third snack to get through the day.

This sounds like a good plan!

I eat three 4oz meals, two small Protein Snacks such as string cheese, and a sugar free popsicle. I have no trouble hitting my protein goals, but it's slightly difficult to get in my Water.< /p>

I'm three weeks post-op and my nut said to try eat every two hours. I'm on mushey food. I can't stand to drink any of the Protein shakes or drinks. I'm trying to get the extra Protein in the chicken broccoli Soup I made. Also add carnation nonfat dry milk to oatmeal, and my cottage cheese. But I'm also wondering if I eating to much. I can eat more than a 1/2 c. of Soup and oatmeal.< /p>

I don't work outside the home, older sleever (66 yr). I have a hard time getting all my Water in when I'm not suppose to drink 15 min. before a meal and 45 min. after a meal. That doesn't leave alot of time to do anything. I don't know how you young mothers, working sleevers can get through a day of taking care of children and heavy work schedules to get all this stuff. You deserve a big congratulations!