Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is having success with their Band?

I don't regret having my band placed at all. I've been banded for five months and have lost 42 pounds. I had a little problem with reflux which responded well and is completely gone after using Nexium.

I'm sure I would have lost more weight during this time but I've been waiting to have a second fill until after my reflux was completely healed and *grin* after my end of summer vacation - I wanted to be able to eat too much! LOL My vacation just ended and guess what? I DID eat everything I wanted (didn't actually overeat because I really didn't want to - a first for me) AND I didn't gain an ounce!!!!!!! That's amazing to me. I went on vacation and didn't gain any weight at all. When was the last time THAT happened? Try never for me. lol

Time to schedule my second fill and lose another 42 pounds!

Hey, I love my band!!! I was banded on Feb 20, 2006..and have lost 61 pounds. I had some troubles that are completely normal..and that was stuff like not eating the right food, not chewing enough, etc...etc...

I would do my band all over again! I am in a size 10 right now and started out at a size 18-20..so I would say that is a success! I am very happy!

wild.....your band is going to cost the same whether you lose fast or slow, hon! The important thing is to lose in a safe and healthy way.

at just 238 lbs you are considered a lightweight in wls circles, so you are not going to lose as fast as some of us MO's and SMO's.

You will probably not lose any during the mushy stage.....don't even think about losing during that time. Your purpose at this time is to continue healing and getting strong. After you get on regular foods and start your exercising, you will begin to lose at a nice rate. No larger than you are, you will be a wonderful normal size before you know it.

Stay healthy and be happy you have a tool to work with. Hit that Protein heavy and keep educating yourself about proper eating with a band and be good to yourself!! If your surgeon didn't give you any guidelines about nutrition, you can get some good guidance and support at www.bariatriceating.com.

Best wishes!

Im happy , happy happy, happy, happy,I have good days and some I get fustrated , I thinkits that way with any diet or weight loss choice, its not easy but its a great tool and used correctly its awesome!

Im ecstatically happy with my band. I'm eight months down the track and I have NEVER had a single problem. I've never pb'd, had only one or two instances of something being stuck. I've learned to eat slowly and to eat less and I choose better foods. I exercise daily. The weight loss is slow now, but that's fine. My skin has kept up with my loss, I havent lost my hair, none of that.

I can eat any food I please, which is nice, so I still eat out and enjoy eating in the company of others. I've just learned how to moderate that so it doesnt disrupt my weight loss.

Its all good.

No problems here other than some minor discomfort with my port area. I did have an unfill when I determined that I was filled too tight, but overall this experience has been wonderful. I'm very grateful for each and every day that I live with my band. :)

thanks for all the great replies. I have lost 41 now, haven't adjusted my street below, and I am so please. I still battle my comulsive eating. i binge here and there. I am getting my first fill in two days. I am looking forward to it. I have had no problems. I am so so sorry for those having problems. but i need to hear the most of us are doing well on average. I love hearing the positive stuff. thanks guys. :clap2:

I've had 1 complication so far,about a month after banding ,my line twisted and kinked shut so my fills were not getting to the band.So after 3 fills I never felt restricted.After an xray was done the problem was found and I had another surgery to get that fixed.I still have never had any regrets on getting banded.I've been banded a little over 5 months and have lost 83 pounds so far! I am so excited.I went from a skin tight size 28 shorts to a recent size 16! I am loving this band.I was never able to lose this much weight,ever.At first I wanted gastric bypass because of the fast results but I decided to get banded and just take it as it came,as it turned out thinking about the fast gastric loss and having the band instead has really motivated me to work harder and get the weight off sooner.I have about 40-50 more pounds to go and these last pounds are proving to be a challenge,my body just won't let go anymore for some reason!One day I'll get to goal.I know it!I love being banded and would..... and have recommended it to anyone who can benefit from one.My sister had hers done in April and has lost 40 pounds so far.

Well I have been banded since Nov 2003 and up until I got pregnant I never had any complications or anything. Lost over 100 pounds. Starting weight was 308.5 and when I found out I was pregnant my weight was down to 192. I know that once I have the baby the band will be there to help me loose all that I have gained!

I think it is a great idea to hear about all the people who have no complications! I'd love to see that.

I'm happy with my band and I do get scared when I hear about problems altho it sure helps me to avoid some of the pittfalls that way. I'm glad we hear about both sides.

Myself, my daughter, and my best friend are all doing great. I was banded in March, my friend in April, my daughter in May.

Hey Gayle,

So you are in TX in the Dallas area???? Have you ever lived close to the Southeast part of TX??? Thanks for your suggestions.

God bless

Wild_in97

wild.....your band is going to cost the same whether you lose fast or slow, hon! The important thing is to lose in a safe and healthy way.

at just 238 lbs you are considered a lightweight in wls circles, so you are not going to lose as fast as some of us MO's and SMO's.

You will probably not lose any during the mushy stage.....don't even think about losing during that time. Your purpose at this time is to continue healing and getting strong. After you get on regular foods and start your exercising, you will begin to lose at a nice rate. No larger than you are, you will be a wonderful normal size before you know it.

Stay healthy and be happy you have a tool to work with. Hit that Protein heavy and keep educating yourself about proper eating with a band and be good to yourself!! If your surgeon didn't give you any guidelines about nutrition, you can get some good guidance and support at www.bariatriceating.com.

Best wishes!

I am thrilled with my band. It's the best decision I've every made.
yeah i am with u. i am very happy with my band. i have been banded since march 1st of this year. i have had some complications, but nothing to cry about. i have lost 55lbs already. i wish i had some pics. i started at 242. now i am down to 187. i wish everyone good luck with all there sussess:clap2: