Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is having success with their Band?

I hear so much negative about the band. Who knows how to start a thread where people can add their names and surgery dates if they have had NO complications. I am wondering if most people that are having problems are posting and others just observing. Anyone know how to get that going?

I think you'll see that most people are not having problems.

I had a leak in my band which is very unsual, had it taken care of and I'm thrilled with my band. I was thrilled before I knew I had a leak.

There is a lot of negative stuff that you can go to look at on here. But over all I know the people I talk to on here are very happy.

I will speak for 2 since my aunt doesn't subscribe to this forum but I have only been banded for a few months but she has been for a year and both of us are no problems whatsoever

You guys are encouraging. I am a newly banded bandster and am not upset with my weight loss and not ecstatic with it either. I was more on the ecstatic side of the isle until I started eating cottage cheese and soft scrambled eggs. Up until I started on the soft food, I had lost 12 pounds in about 12-14 days. I was happy with those results. This morning I weighed and finally lost another pound after about 5 days of the soft foods. I need to lose fast and consistently. I was self pay and went to Mexico. It cost me with tickets and doctors a bit over $9K. It may not be much to some people, but that is a lot of money for us..........I figure I need to lose at least one pound for every $100 I spent. I started out at 232.5 and weighed 219 this morning. So, I need to lose another 78-80 pounds.

Some of you guys have lost 40-50 pounds in just a few months.......how does that feel? Do you look good? When you look in the mirror do you see yourself as you always have been or do you see a thinner more confident person? Are you in much smaller clothes? Sorry if I am getting off the track, but I need to hear these things from someone that has been banded for a few months and can encourage me.

Thanks

Wild

Having my band is the best thing I did to help me with years of being overweight. I like the fact im loosing weight and its a slow healthy loss. Im so happy with my decision and feel great!!

Banded 02/28/06

Dr. Noel Williams - Philadelphia, PA

244/205/150

Band size: VG Band

First fill - Sept 11 (coming up)

There is a thread called "Erosion, Our Own Statistics" where you will see that very few people have serious band complications. Some people are underfilled and some are overfilled. Both result in problems but few are serious and can be easily remedied with a band adjustment.

I've been banded 6 weeks, and got my first fill yesterday! WHEW I found out that I have a band and it feels GOOD! no complications here and hopefully I won't get any. My doc found my port in one poke so its all good! ;)

I am a very happy bandster. I was banded in May 2005. I have lost very slowly and only have baggy skin on my arms and a lttle across my stomach. I have good restriction but still need to be careful.

I am still losing - very slowly. I have always lost slowly except for my first month living here - when I had no stove, microwave, car to get groceries, etc - then I dropped 11 pounds in a month.

I have lost 66 pounds since surgery. From the clothes I have ordered, I wear a size 8 pants and 6 or 8 skirt. I have not been that small at those weights in the past (unless clothes run bigger now!)

Many times when something goes wrong or people are worried, they tend to post. This is a support system and when things are going well, people don't always need support. Good luck on your journey. Celeste

I'm a new bandster, but I am THRILLED with mine. I was banded on August 7th, so I'm just a week or so out of surgery. With the week and a half of preband dieting and this week of all liquids, I am down...

...35 pounds!

I'm beside myself with joy that my life is truly changing forever.

I also think that the band is the best thing that I have ever done...It is deffinately a tool and not an automatic fix...You still have to work at losing but it is really worth it....They weight comes off slower, but it is healthier for your body that way

Alhtough I am very new to this, not quite 4 weeks out, I'd have to pipe in and say that I am a success so far.

I found the surgery VERY EASY. I was up and around and exercising a bit day after. I have found my liquid fast hard at times, but I am successful. I just look forward to each new day with baggier pants and a bright weight loss in my future.

I am very happy with my decision to have a band. I have not had a single complication.

Editorial comment: If your goals are unrealistic, you are bound to have negative feelings about your progress.