Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

psych eval payment?

Did anyone get their psych eval paid for by insurance? I found a Dr. on my insurance list, but they just told me they won't bill insurance for WLS evals. Has anyone else had problems like this? I am insurance approved for surgery.

Thanks!

Actually, the only thing my insurance paid for was my psych. eval. and sleep apnea study. I had to pay for the actual band myself.

My insurance paid for it. i don't know why they would exclude WLS psych evals when it is required for them to apporve the surgery. But then again alot of things that the insurance compaines do don't make alot of sense.

I was told that my psych eval would not be covered by my insurance ..$150.00 I didn't even have a say in who it would be...to my delight, they paid all but $30....not too shabby!! For the rest of the tests, I went to approved doctors and facilities. My insurance covers lapbanding, the doc, the hosp. They may not reimburse me for the $500 nutritionist....but a friend of mine told me to keep submitting the bill...it was necessary for lapband....she said third time she submitted they paid it! yay. So after the doc submits to my insurance for lapbanding, i will submit my nutrition bills and see how it goes.

Best Wishes!!

Thanks for that suggestion. I wasn't planning on even trying to submit the nutritionist, but I will try that too.

Thanks!

I will be self pay also--how much did you have to pay--I hope to have my banding at the end of sept

Phych eval - $200

Banding - $17,000 (included anesthesiologist, one year followup and fills)

My insurance (BCBS) would not pay for the psych or nutrition consults. They cost me $250 and $200 respectively and payment was demanded upfront.

I have ANTHEM BC/BS FEP Ohio, had to pay $250 upfront (to participating providor) and won't get back $90 ("report writing fee") and $10 copay even after they said all was covered. "Report writing fee", what a scam! They know you know you need it, so guess they'll charge it!

The first doc I called for an eval told me they did not approve of weight loss surgery and I would be better off seeking and evaluation elsewhere. If I had insisted (because they WERE listed on my insurance as a provider) I don't think I would have gotten a positive evaluation.

So if the doc won't take insurance for the eval it might be a polite way of saying we don't want your business and you would be better served going elsewhere.

M

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches