Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes, the trouble is that they are all only 1 gram per pill, so if you want 20 grams you need to scarf down 20 pills - very expensive. The Protein Shots are cheaper although some maintain that they are the wrong types of Protein and are not readily adsorbed. They are better than nothing and until you can get enough protein in through your diet they are better than nothing..

The Protein Shots can also be good once you start eating. The problem with the shots is that they are mostly the wrong types of Proteins that can be absorbed on their own. They lack the amino acids whey or casien mixes have that are needed for the Protein to be absorbed without actually eating the source. If you are going to do the shots even eating a little bit of 'real' protein (fish, chicken, eggs, pork) 30 mins before can aid that protein in absorption, because the meat carries the amino acids that are required for your body to absorb that type of protein.

They lack the amino acids whey or casien mixes have that are needed for the Protein to be absorbed without actually eating the source.

Really? Are you sure about that? Because mine contains pre-digested (hydrolyzed) collagenic Protein, whey protein and casein protein. This particular combo is called Actinase and everything I've read on it indicates that not only is it absorbed, but that it absorbed very well.

Do all Protein Shots contain this combo? I have only purchased this one brand. I may need to look around.

Cookies I've been researching this a LOT and it seems no one *really* knows. No one has been able to give me an actual scientific paper saying these things just aren't good - doesn't matter to me that much except that I really don't like shakes and have been trying to figure out an alternative. There is nothing as good as eating real Protein but I'd like to know once and for all if any of the Protein Shots are really that crappy or not??? I'd prefer not to go word of mouth or even from a nutritionist unless someone can point me in the direction of a study showing they are bad.

Someone else on here said there was a dateline show (or something like that) saying that a lot of these Protein drinks and shots are just not good. So does that mean Isopure clear drinks aren't good? New Whey Protein shots suck? No one seems to *really* know. So if anyone DOES know please tell us!!! :)

It is confusing. The stuff I'm reading on this particular stuff says that it contains all the amino acids needed and is absorbed very well, but of course that information is coming from the manufacturer. I'm sure that means they're correct on the amino acid part, but on the absorption?

I just can't find scientific studies on the various Protein powders/shots and what is best absorbed. I guess we just take what we can stomach, get in the required grams, and hope that the body gets most of it.

Really? Are you sure about that? Because mine contains pre-digested (hydrolyzed) collagenic Protein, whey Protein and casein protein. This particular combo is called Actinase and everything I've read on it indicates that not only is it absorbed, but that it absorbed very well.

Do all Protein Shots contain this combo? I have only purchased this one brand. I may need to look around.

They do contain them but the majority of the protein is collagen from my understanding and research. Thats why most of them recommend to take it with food, to aid absorption. It is very confusing..I asked my dietician and she said they were fine but to be aware of the amount of sugar. I have heard others say that they are crap but there are also people who came to the same conclusion as I did. *shrug I am not sure. I have been using them to subsidize the amount of protein I get, because I don't have the capacity to eat all of my protein and I have been fine. My first month labs will be done this week so I will let you know how the come out.