Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first fill

:DHi Guys

I confused my advice after my fill on the 18th Augs was three days on fluids two days on puree foods then move back to solids.:mad: I have only had a 2.5cc fill too. I found i was very hugrey :hungry: on fluids so i tried something a bit more soild. I been panicing due to the advice i recieved form the nurse.:faint:

I was wondering if anyone could advice me. :mad: I have also been very thirsty after just finishing a drink and i have a watery feeling at the back of my throat:tea:

LANA:nervous Hugs

nancy found the port no problem.she put 5cc in first ,then i was a little sick so i had 1cc removed.still had a problem swallowing the Water,i had another .5 removed and i felt much better ,so we left.

You got a whopping 5ccs to start out?! Wow. That seems really aggressive. I'm very envious.

I just got my first fill as well. Had to plan DH's holidays to correspond with my appointment so that he could take me the 850 kms+ to Calgary for my fill with Dr. Mitchell. He says he used to give 2ccs for out of towners but stopped because too many came back over full.:paranoid So he only gives 1cc now as a rule for first fills.

1 lousy cc. HMPH.

I told him I can eat bread, I can eat steak...

Oh well. 1 friggen cc is better than none I guess. *sigh*

So how's the 3.5ccs treating you so far? Are you feeling restriction?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

(And pardon my blatant self pity. LOL)

woooooo, I don't think so Lana,but your doc Igues has their rules. I know argon ate the same day as a fill and many do, so Ihtink not here what your clinic does. The others here will knwo more, as I am waiting my first fill in sept.

Oh anyone going to TBLC on the 22nd I believe it is about the diets pre and post op.

thanks

Kim

KIM, Neenaugh should do what her surgeon wants her to do!!!!! BAD KIM *slaps ruler on knuckles*. Nurses make the worst patients (and I know, cause my husbands family is full of them!!).

woooooo, I don't think so Lana,but your doc Igues has their rules. I know argon ate the same day as a fill and many do, so Ihtink not here what your clinic does. The others here will knwo more, as I am waiting my first fill in sept.

Oh anyone going to TBLC on the 22nd I believe it is about the diets pre and post op.

thanks

Kim

Lana, if you got that much of a fill you probably got the 10cc band, maybe.

Don't forget guys there are a few different sizes out there. So when Argon has 1.5cc, thats getting close to half of a 4 cc band.

Canada Sunshine, it is great to see and hear from you again, Hows it going???? We want detail!!!!!:mad:

Canada Sunshine, it is great to see and hear from you again, Hows it going???? We want detail!!!!!:mad:

Detail? You sure? LOL

I'm trying not to get a reputation for being a total whiner... haha

Well things are good. I eventually pooped!*snicker* and ever since that horrible post-op bout with Constipation, I'm like a little kid who has just learned to potty...I'm thrilled with myself every single time I go. :mad: Haha, I'm such a dork, I know.

I still have a swollen vein that hurts like a son of a gun on my wrist where I got my IV. To tell you the truth, I don't think my overall impression of the surgery experience has anything positive to it, so I haven't had much to ad to the posts I've seen recently.

I wish I had some positive feedback to share...but I hope to eventually!!

I've really enjoyed keeping up with everyone's progress and efforts. You guys RAWK! I've noticed that I may relay what I learn on LBT a little too often, cuz alot of my conversations with DH are starting to sound like "This one thread, on LBT..." reminicent of Band camp. HAHA Just goes to show how much everyone's advice and experiences mean to me.

LOVE YOU GUYS! :clap2:

Sunshine

KIM, Neenaugh should do what her surgeon wants her to do!!!!! BAD KIM *slaps ruler on knuckles*. Nurses make the worst patients (and I know, cause my husbands family is full of them!!).

Oh Cloe, your the little angel on my right shoulder, kick the *ss of that little devil on my right...her name is Kim (as if you didn't know)heehee

canadasunshine, You too! 24 lbs! I can't wait to get mine, no matter how crappy the surg makes me feel! or constipated!:mad:

12 of those pounds was from our darling friend "Opticrap" and 7 lbs was from the week post op when I couldn't eat anything. I have only dropped 5 pounds on my own, in the 5 weeks that followed.

It's sure a nice jump start bonus though. All this loss was before I started any exercise as well.

You're going to do great Neenagh. Just keep your spirits high and expectations within reason.

I'm excited for you too. You're the first person I've met who came on board as a newbie that I could actually talk to from the "banded side of the fence". I look forward to welcoming you to bandland. LOL

Come on in, the water's fine!!!:biggrin1:

ps

The Constipation was totally my own fault. I should have phoned my doc's office and they would have told me to take something. They didn't know I was constipated til the day of my surgery. It really slowed my recovery by alot just because of something so trivial. Completely my bad on that one.:mad: So don't even worry about that happening to you!!

Canadasunshine, thanks for the encouragment. That opticrap sure is...well...crappy, eh? I cant wait to meet you in bandland! Thanks again!

canada sunshine i have the larger band 11cc (swedish) band.yes i have restriction.i am pretty tight in morning around 1 or 2 i start getting hungry . some days i am more hungry than other days. good luck on your fill.let us know how your restiction is.

Loriely, So do you just not eat in the mornings? Are you not hungry at all until 1 or 2?

Canadian Sunshine, Hi! Back, and with a picture!! You're a pretty gal :mad: :hug:

Yoda, :mad:

HEY Canada Sunshine!!! *madly waves*.....glad to hear from you again and that things are going well at your end!!!!!