Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help, please

Hi all,

I was banded three days ago, and am more sore than I expected. I'm sure that will get better, but I'm so sad. I didn't really expect to feel like this -- I'm nervous about what I've done to my body. What if I've made a horrible mistake? Will I feel better? I'm not interested in eating or drinking, although I get some sips in. I just feel so blue, and anxious.

What I really need to hear is that this is normal, that someone else has felt this way, that I will heal and get stronger and be myself again.

Please help :cry

Hang in there it does get better. I know I personally felt my worset on day 2 and 3 post op. The gas pains were killing me. I am year out and would do it all over again if I had too. It's so worth every minute of it.

Hang in there - walk, use a heating pad and walk some more.

Catey,

Honey you just had major surgery. Your body is healing and yes you will be sore for a while. It sux not being able to do what you want, when you want, but You will heal. I am less than 3 weeks out and doing great. I also got teary and blue in the first and second week so yes its very normal.. I am sure many people on her will say that they felt that way too. Just think you are on your way to a thinner you. good luck and just take it easy

Catey, you just had surgery...this is perfectly normal to feel like that! Everyday you will get a little better.....a few months from now you will read your post and laugh. Remember too that anesthesia can take months to leave your system....you may not feel it, but you may not feel completely right, but you'll be just fine! Between the cutting and the pulling and putting something around your stomach...not to mention the camera and the surgical tools......this is expected to feel a little sad.

Keep your chin up, you'll do great!!!

Awwww, Catey! I remember all too well the feelings! It's normal, and you WILL feel better! Stay hydrated, sip small, walk, rest. Be nice to yourself! It gets a bit better every day, and one day you'll think "wow, I feel like me!" Took me about 2 weeks to be able to say that to myself. You get there!!!!!

Thank you so much, everyone. I'm so grateful that you all wrote ... I'll just take this all a little bit at a time, and not try to heal on a schedule :phanvan

Many (gentle) hugs & kisses to you all - thank you!

I am 3 days post op. I feel exactly the same way. Wondering what I did to myself. Am I going to be able to adjust to the new changes? Not too much pain. Everything is going smoothly. But, I feel like theres nothing to do around the house. I'm bored. I want to get out, but can't think of anywhere to go. I guess I'm a creature of habit and want things to return to normal. I hope that I am stronger than I think I am. Sometimes I look down and can't believe I had this done. I tend to overthink things per my husband, familly and friends. Any support or encouragement would be great. By the way, I have no appetite and have to make myself eat.:think:help:

Nervous Nellie and Catey,

I'm 8 days out and I understand completely. One of the things that helped me a lot in the first 3 days was sipping Isopure clear zero carb Protein drinks-they come in a glass bottle and have 40 grams of protein plus Calcium and potassium. They do not taste bad at all. I hate powdery drinks and sip sip sip of these made me feel like I was accomplishing putting some protein (therefore healing) in me.

I got blue (still do) I never had surgery before and cried alot. I go back to work on Monday but got antsy all week. We are such multi taskers that we feel wierd doing nothing. Also, it is hard to read that some people bounced back quicker or easier than others.

Your pillow is your friend, I walked around with it pressed on my tummy, sometimes slept with a small one till 2 days ago.

Try and relax-you will feel better day by day.

I promise.

I am proud of you and me-I was scared witless and here we are on the other side.

Love to you both

You are NORMAL!!!!! I was freaking out the first week on and off and I had a LOT of pain....but felt like a wimp since so many didn't say much online that I had read...they raved about their successes! We tend to do that when we're happy with something....and you will get happy w/ the results of your band!!!!

Before surgery your life revolved around eating....it is boring when you don't have that center....but when you feel better and can do things then you'll feel SO WONDERFUL that your life does NOT revolve around food and you find other things to do!!!!!

If I got in 200 cal the first week that was alot!!!! But you need to push as much as you can.....the calories are necessary for healing!!

YOU CAN DO THIS....IT DOES GET BETTER!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -75lbs :Banane27:

I felt exactly the same way. I thought they had cut into a nerve or something because I kept having this pulling pain in my chest arm and shoulder. I thought I'd never be pain free.I even asked my mom if she thought I did the right thing. I was depressed and sad and felt like crying all the time. I had to sleep in the living room cuz DH was afraid he'd put his legs on my stomach while he was sleeping and hurt me.Every one around me was eating my favorite foods while I was stuck on protien shakes.Being stuck in the house didn't help either.But, now I feel better, and I can eat some foods, and go out and do things pain free. It does get better. It took me about 2 and a half weeks to feel somewhat normal again. Hang in there, this site helped me tremendously.

Thank you so much, everyone! I felt better last night, and then woke up sad this morning again ... what a blessing that you're all there! I'm so grateful for your stories & words of comfort.

Hang in there, Nellie, we'll be there too :-)

Catey

I not in pain, just scared I'm not getting enough nutrients and don't want to end up in the hospital. Its crazy. My brain is logical and it knows that everyone on this site all the members, despite setbacks , pain, and vomiting and all that none of them regret getting the band. I keep telling myself that over and over. But my emotions override that and I still "feel" like maybe this wasn't a good idea. I don't want to tell anyone this because, they wouldn't understand...like you've wanted this forever and you jumped through all those hoops and now you regret having it.

I hear you, Nellie! It makes it a little tougher because my parents have never really been on board with my decision. They're supportive and sweet, and they're taking great care of me (I'm staying with them for the first few days), but neither one was really very excited about my decision.

That makes it so much harder when I'm feeling vulnerable and blue, and questioning what I've done to myself. I still have a good amount of pain, so that makes me feel that much more low.

I just hold on to what the others have said in this thread and others - that others felt this way too, that it does get better, and that the band was the best decision they made.

Hang in there - every day gets us closer to healing and getting stronger.