Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's My Hair? And Other Rants...

Okay, so now that my chins are joining forces and I can wear a decent size clothes without worrying about looking like a humped back whale...MY DANG GONE hair has thinned out so much...and got shorter. What the heck? I have always had lots and lots and lots of long thick hair...not so much now. Also, This has come at the wrong time. I am feeling really insecure about my loss. I lost 66 lbs. That's good. But I have like 100 to go... and my loss has slowed down to a crawl. So, I thought if I did my hair, nails, all my Prisses stuff I love, then I would feel better...but my hair won't do ANYTHING. It is flat and limp. I think it has thinned out quite a bit. No I am starting to have acne too. I feel very down about my looks..and I am Mrs.Prisses, danggit...I know looks aren't everything but when you have been so large, you kind of like to look your best. I feel discouraged for the first time. I am loosing like 2 lbs a week. At that rate it will take a year to get to my goal. Did I mention, I have bad hair now...and acne?

Someone PLEASE post the BOOT CAMP...i need it. Thanks.

Are you getting enough Protein? I know I was lax with my protein & my hair is starting to thin out a little. I also started taking

Biotin 2 times a day and I'm making sure I get the proper protein again! We'll see how long it takes for it to start to come back! :blink: Good luck...

I feel you Sis!!!!... I've started taking Biotin and conditioning really well.. My next purchase is going to be a Biotin/Silica shampoo..

As far as the acne, I had to see a dermatologist... My face was terrible!! I got a perscription for these cleansing wipes and cream... Hope you find something that helps..

In the mean time... I have natural hair, so I'm rocking my afro or a puff (pulled back w/ a band)... stepped up my earring game and making sure my makeup is tight!! LOL...

You are awesome and you have done wonderfully!!! Celebrate that!! You are the bomb my sister!!!

Biotin 3000 mcg's a day and Protein

I started taking Biotin also, i'm still losing hair but i can tell its slowed quite a bit. and of course Protein at least 80grams a day. Also for acne make sure you're getting in at least 64oz of Water. Hang in there!

Okay' date=' so now that my chins are joining forces and I can wear a decent size clothes without worrying about looking like a humped back whale...MY DANG GONE hair has thinned out so much...and got shorter. What the heck? I have always had lots and lots and lots of long thick hair...not so much now. Also, This has come at the wrong time. I am feeling really insecure about my loss. I lost 66 lbs. That's good. But I have like 100 to go... and my loss has slowed down to a crawl. So, I thought if I did my hair, nails, all my Prisses stuff I love, then I would feel better...but my hair won't do ANYTHING. It is flat and limp. I think it has thinned out quite a bit. No I am starting to have acne too. I feel very down about my looks..and I am Mrs.Prisses, danggit...I know looks aren't everything but when you have been so large, you kind of like to look your best. I feel discouraged for the first time. I am loosing like 2 lbs a week. At that rate it will take a year to get to my goal. Did I mention, I have bad hair now...and acne?

Someone PLEASE post the BOOT CAMP...i need it. Thanks.[/quote']

You are beautiful ms prisses- hang tight

Hang in there - 2 lbs a week is good! If you're wanting to speed it up, try to cut your carbs back a bit, make sure you're exercising, and if you are exercising, change up your routine a little. Also make sure you're logging all your food to be sure you're not exceeding your normal goals.

My hair loss sucks terribly right now, but I can already see new growth coming in - it won't last forever, so just try to get through it as best you can. :)

Thanks guys...You made me feel much better...

I will get some Biotin. Also, I have slacked off logging my food so I will start again because I probably don't get enough Protein.

As far as water; question- I have extreme Water nausea...so does crystal light count?

So many things nauseate me - what do you do for protein sources (besides meats)?

I hate drinking Water also but i force myself to drink 1, 16.9oz bottle every day. Then i drink the rest in Protein Shake, decaff tea or crystal light.

Protein is so important so you dont lose muscle.

I drink for Breakfast every morning

1 scoop of Chocolate Supreme 100% casein,

1 scoop of low carb dutch chocolate isopure

mixed with 10oz of cold water using a blender bottle.

That right there is 50grams of protein.

On days that i exercise i also eat a quest protein bar which is 20grams of protein, thats 70 out of the 80 my Dr recommends.

So 10oz of water in my breakfast shake @ 8am

16.9oz of plain water before 11:30am when i eat lunch

16.9oz of decaff tea at 2:30-3pm finished by 4:45pm.

Protein Bar snack on the way home from work at 5pm.

Exercise about 6pm for 30mins drinking about 8oz of water mixed with Xtend during exercise

Eat dinner about 7pm

Finish drinking last 12oz of water/tea/crystal light between 8pm & 10:30pm

Hope this helps give you an idea of how to keep up with your protein and water. Oh yea and at least 8 hours of sleep. I think i've figured out when i get less than that my weight loss slows and stalls.

Thanks guys...You made me feel much better...

I will get some Biotin. Also, I have slacked off logging my food so I will start again because I probably don't get enough protein.

As far as water; question- I have extreme water nausea...so does crystal light count?

So many things nauseate me - what do you do for protein sources (besides meats)?

I will be three months out next week and have not experienced the Hair loss. I have a lot of hair, but it is fine. When do people tend to experience the hair loss? Does it come out in the shower? When brushing?

Bosley makes a nice thinning hair combo, Shampoo, conditioner and thickening foam,as a hairstylist I have seen it work well ,comes color treated formula also.

My hair loss started at 2 months out and is still going on at almost 4 months out. It comes out EVERYWHERE. Shower, brush, brushing my fingers through my hair. Its awful. I would say my hair volume has been cut in half since the loss started. I just hope it stops soon before i'm bald lol.

I will be three months out next week and have not experienced the Hair loss. I have a lot of hair, but it is fine. When do people tend to experience the hair loss? Does it come out in the shower? When brushing?

Okay, so now that my chins are joining forces and I can wear a decent size clothes without worrying about looking like a humped back whale...MY DANG GONE hair has thinned out so much...and got shorter. What the heck? I have always had lots and lots and lots of long thick hair...not so much now. Also, This has come at the wrong time. I am feeling really insecure about my loss. I lost 66 lbs. That's good. But I have like 100 to go... and my loss has slowed down to a crawl. So, I thought if I did my hair, nails, all my Prisses stuff I love, then I would feel better...but my hair won't do ANYTHING. It is flat and limp. I think it has thinned out quite a bit. No I am starting to have acne too. I feel very down about my looks..and I am Mrs.Prisses, danggit...I know looks aren't everything but when you have been so large, you kind of like to look your best. I feel discouraged for the first time. I am loosing like 2 lbs a week. At that rate it will take a year to get to my goal. Did I mention, I have bad hair now...and acne?

Someone PLEASE post the BOOT CAMP...i need it. Thanks.

Hang it there girl! Remember that the Hair loss and thinning is only temporary as your body focuses all its energy on losing weight. Once your weight begins to stabilize you will see that your hair will start to grow again. Acne is common for the same reason but once your hormones level out that will subside too. Try to focus on your improving health instead of your looks or you will drive yourself crazy. Focus on the fact that your joints and bones feel better, that your heart health is better, that your blood pressure of diabetes is better (if you have them). You are doing a wonderful thing for your body and that in and of itself is a very beautiful thing.

Hang it there girl! Remember that the Hair loss and thinning is only temporary as your body focuses all its energy on losing weight. Once your weight begins to stabilize you will see that your hair will start to grow again. Acne is common for the same reason but once your hormones level out that will subside too. Try to focus on your improving health instead of your looks or you will drive yourself crazy. Focus on the fact that your joints and bones feel better, that your heart health is better, that your blood pressure of diabetes is better (if you have them). You are doing a wonderful thing for your body and that in and of itself is a very beautiful thing.

*Hang IN there girl*

@ Trying to focus on my health...not looks...AMEN!

I really appreciate that comment. Thank you for the reminder.