Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 3 days post op. I have no desire to eat, I drink Water because I get super thirty. I have a ton of meds that I have to take. I crush the pills and I put them in my 2oz of yogurt that i can barely eat. So I able to get up and walk around. But I really do get tired. Is this normal and how long is this gonna last.

Congrats!!!! I couldn't eat anything for about a week or some.. You're still very swollen.. Stay hydrated... that's the most important thing right now...You will be tired for a while... until you can start getting a few more calories in.. But, I can't stress enough how important it is for you to get as many fluids in as possible...

Where were you sleeved?? Also, I'll PM you my cell.. call/text if you need anything...

I was sleeved at university of Chicago hospital. I have really been trying to drink Water. I'm at about 4-5 cups a day and slowly increasing. Thanks it feels so good to actually know there are people out there that can relate what I'm going thru.

I relate! I was sleeved on Monday at NMCSD San Diego Ca. I feel the same way but can't handle Water. I've been using sugar free ocean spray packets and sf juice to sip. I'm also on Protein Drinks already but no yogurt or anything. Today was my first full day home and I'm very tired. It does seem to get easier to sip everyday and I do see the increase in fluids. I do still have gas and abdominal pain :(. The drugs in the hospital were so much better than what they sent home. Just ready to be able to play with my one year old a little more.

Im 1 month out from surgery and had the same experience. Not hungry at all - and that is the goal! :) Just concentrate on fluids. You will be tired for a while - Im actually more tired now then I was right after surgery. The pain goes away after about 5-6 days. I still have gas in my abdomen from surgery. It is not uncomfortable, but my upper abdomen is still distended. Your doing great - 1st month is the hardest.

I was sleeved on Tues. I have been able to get my Protein and fluids in and even went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for thirty mon today. I am exhausted though. I can drop off to sleep at any given moment but don't sleep ver long at night due to bathroom every 2 hrs. Also getting my Vitamins in is ok. it's time for my lunch and I don't have energy right now to even eat. I know it gets better eventually. Hang in there. Btw, did anyone gain wt in the hospital from the fluids? I came home 9 lbs heavier than when I went in. I've lost 7 lbs so far but am still up 2 lbs

I was sleeved on Tues. I have been able to get my Protein and fluids in and even went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for thirty mon today. I am exhausted though. I can drop off to sleep at any given moment but don't sleep ver long at night due to bathroom every 2 hrs. Also getting my Vitamins in is ok. it's time for my lunch and I don't have energy right now to even eat. I know it gets better eventually. Hang in there. Btw, did anyone gain wt in the hospital from the fluids? I came home 9 lbs heavier than when I went in. I've lost 7 lbs so far but am still up 2 lbs

I also gained Water weight in the hospital...7 lbs. Yesterday I finally weighed in at my pre surgery weight and today I was down 3 lbs! I'm still on a clear diet with Protein Shakes. Felt so much better today too, everyday gets a bit easier :)

I'm 3 days post-op and have not yet been able to meet my current Protein goals (30 - 40gm) or Fluid intake (40 oz) even though I feel like I'm constantly sipping.

I've not yet felt hungry, nor thirsty. Today I got in about 22 oz of Water, maybe 4 tbls of yogurt (about 2 in the a/m. and about 2 more in the p.m.), 5 oz Protein Drink (these go down a lot harder than water), and two or three baby spoonfuls of Jello.

I don't yet know what "full" feels like with this thing, and am probably undereating/drinking, but I don't want to push it this soon post-op.

I'm not particularly tired. Yesterday and today I spent the majority of the day outside of the house. Grocery shopped yesterday, window shopped today, though I go slow and use a cart. I have one incision that is causing most of my pain. If it weren't for that one, I'd feel about normal (except the eating changes).

Today was the first day for "thick liquids" on my post-op diet: yogurts, puddings, etc.

I'm 3 days post-op and have not yet been able to meet my current Protein goals (30 - 40gm) or Fluid intake (40 oz) even though I feel like I'm constantly sipping.

I've not yet felt hungry, nor thirsty. Today I got in about 22 oz of Water, maybe 4 tbls of yogurt (about 2 in the a/m. and about 2 more in the p.m.), 5 oz Protein Drink (these go down a lot harder than water), and two or three baby spoonfuls of Jello.

I don't yet know what "full" feels like with this thing, and am probably undereating/drinking, but I don't want to push it this soon post-op.

I'm not particularly tired. Yesterday and today I spent the majority of the day outside of the house. Grocery shopped yesterday, window shopped today, though I go slow and use a cart. I have one incision that is causing most of my pain. If it weren't for that one, I'd feel about normal (except the eating changes).

Today was the first day for "thick liquids" on my post-op diet: yogurts, puddings, etc.

It gets easier! Don't forget you can mix Protein powder into pudding. I'm drinking Premier Protein rtd cans that have 35g of Protein a can...they are great by the way! And don't forget Greek yogurt is full of protein. I don't know how you manage Water, I can't tolerate it at all.

Thank goodness! I am having the same issues and I am 3 days post-op. COnfused about how to get in Protein when I have to be on Clear Liquids ? The only protein I have is from pre-op when I drank Protein Shakes w the powder. I am sipping constantly and I actually think I feel hungry or it could be gas,I have no idea how to distinguish. When I do drink, every other sip seems to case some pain temporarily and I have gurgling...maybe I need something heavier ?Feeling weak and tire easily. I also feel like if I don't sit up straight it bothers me, as in some pain when I drink.....does any of this make sense? I welcome all help and comments :0)

Thank goodness! I am having the same issues and I am 3 days post-op. COnfused about how to get in Protein when I have to be on Clear Liquids ? The only protein I have is from pre-op when I drank Protein Shakes w the powder. I am sipping constantly and I actually think I feel hungry or it could be gas,I have no idea how to distinguish. When I do drink, every other sip seems to case some pain temporarily and I have gurgling...maybe I need something heavier ?Feeling weak and tire easily. I also feel like if I don't sit up straight it bothers me, as in some pain when I drink.....does any of this make sense? I welcome all help and comments :0)

I would of thought I wrote this lol! I felt the same way at day 3. Luckily I'm able to drink protein shakes and think it really helps. If you have to be on clears maybe you can try the Isopure protein drinks...they taste horrible IMO but it might help your energy. Just keep telling yourself it gets easier :)