Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Soon After Vg Did You Go Back To Work?

Today is exactly 4 weeks since my surgery. I was planning on going back to work yesterday but still dont feel well enough. How long were you off from work after surgery? Was it hard to go back and keep on track with eating every few hours and drinking Water constantly? Thanks everyone!

I was released from hospital on Thursday, I flew home that Sunday and returned to work on Monday...Keep in mind, my work is not physical...I can stay seated if I need to so not up walking standing for hours and definately NO HEAY LIFTING AT ALL.

2 weeks after surgery when the incisions were healed over, I started back to Water arobics...OMG you woulld love this! I keep a pound of turkey slices in the fridge with some cheese sticks, and some cottage cheese, and lots of Water bottles, vita water etc....in the back...

Worked well for me.

Today is exactly 4 weeks since my surgery. I was planning on going back to work yesterday but still dont feel well enough. How long were you off from work after surgery? Was it hard to go back and keep on track with eating every few hours and drinking Water constantly? Thanks everyone!

I am a little over 4 1/2 weeks post op and still not myself. I took off 2 and a half weeks. And wasnt ready to go back, but I did. However I should have went on short term disability and took off 6 weeks. So I can understand you being 4 weeks post op and not feeling up to going back just yet.Everyone is different.I know someone who took 12 weeks off to recovery before returning back to work and she had a desk job also.

I went back 3 days after surgery to a desk job and it was waaay

to soon. I could of done with 2 weeks off, easily 3. I felt generally crappy for 2 months.

I had surgery on a Mon, and was back to work that Thursday. I sit at a desk for 10 hours, so it wasn't a strain. I was fine going back when I did. I was tired and a little foggy headed, but I work 3rd shift, so that feeling isn't too far from the norm.

I had surgery on Wednesday, was in the hospital 2 nights - came home Friday and went back to work on Tuesday (worked from home Monday). I didn't overdo it but felt fine to start back to work (desk job with minimal activity, no strenuous work or lifting, etc.). I tolerate surgery very well, though, and generally heal quickly as well. My first week back at work I didn't work full days, I generally went in around 9 and went home around 2 or 3.

WOW! Im shocked by how many of you took so little time off to recover. I have had a lot of problems with nausea post surgery so I know that has contributed to the longer recovery. I asked for another 2 weeks off, but I am hoping to go back to work next week.

I initially took one week off but regretted that. I should've taken at least two if not three weeks off. But then again I've had serious energy problems since the surgery.

5 weeks with short term disability. Listen to your body and talk to your doctor if you don't feel able

I do both office work and teaching - was back to very part-time office work (as in four hours a day instead of nine or ten) ten days after surgery, and back to teaching two weeks post-op (which was too soon - should have taken off at least another half a week). Even now (four weeks post-op) a full day of teaching or office work is a bit of a strain. But because my energy levels are down, once I get home I'm pretty much wiped out and don't do much of anything. So I can certainly understand where you're at. Is it possible for you to ease into work part time for a week or two before going back to full time work? For me that was a very good solution, but since I'm my own boss, I could do that :-)

I could have gone back to work 1 week post op if I had a desk job. I have a very physical job (house keeping) and I went back about 3 weeks post op. It was rough. When I would bend over I would get dizzy. I was only working 1 day every other week so it was fine.

Went in wens and and back to work following tues. Didnt feel that bad. Was climbing ladders, carrying my tool bag and working just about as normal. just felt a little weak.

I was off about a month on short term disabiity. I have to admit I've felt fabulous right from the start and am feeling very, very lucky about that. I felt I could have gone back sooner. You have to do what's right for you.

I had my surgery on a mon and returned to work the following tuesday. Its been hard since 2x a wk I do doubles and I am not allowed to sit at my job but I think its been motivating. It has def helped me get out of my slump I felt post op and my kids are better off. When I was home it was throwing their routine.

My 18month old was out of daycare while I was out and I had no help during the day, so I guess you could say I had 3 days off? I went back to work exactly two weeks post op.