Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Months Out And Only 35#s Down?!?

I was sleeved Oct 20. The first month and half went great then weifght loss really slowed for me. When i did a check up in January I had slowed to about a pound a week. I started off at 270. I am 5'11" and would love to be down to 170 but really honestly would be happy at 190. I wont be skinny by any means but look good. I have dropped 2 pants sizes to an 18. I feel like i am stalled forever. I eat what am supposed to eat and have even started working with a personal trainer doing crossfit 2 times a week. Ive been doing that for 2.5 weeks. I have not lost any weight since Jan check up 2 months ago. I can not seem to break under 232. I fluctuate between 232 and 235. I dont drink from a straw, i dont drink caffeine or soda. I do however chew gum. Here is a typical day's food for me. Decaf coffee. 10:30 i eat 1 cup of hormel's turkey chili. 2:30 greek yogurt with 3/4 or less flaxseed granola. ( I realized i was eating about 300 calories of that, so i have cut it back to about 1/4 cup.). 5:00 turkey patty with some veggies, maybe 1/4 c Pasta salad. 9:00 pm hummus with snap peas. I do sometimes eat a little bit of bread. But i have really been trying and today when i weighed i had not lost, so sitting on my pitty pot all day today i ended up comsuming 4 cupcakes...aahhhhh. I look a ton better. I saw my sis for the first time in awhile and she said...i get why you feel happy the way you are.. You look great...youre no longer fat. I am but i tall with a large frame and carry my weight well. Any one else out there super slow loser or stalled for months?

try eliminating the carbs...its what I've done and its accelerated my weightloss. Also the 64 oz of Water is the key to flushing everything out

try logging your food so you get a good feel on how much Protein vs. carb you are really eating. (I use sparkspeople.com) there are lots of sites to choose from, most are free (mine is) I recently put some weight back on because I went back to my carb diet. I got sick of Protein shakes etc, it is really challenging for

me to get enough Protein without some form of supplement. I am trying to get

over 100 grams a day and never more carbs (today I had 121 protein and 67

carbs) I won't keep logging in my food once I get back in the groove. I LOVE

this sleeve (I had a band and it sucked!) make it work for you! keep logging on

to this board. (I heated up a Protein Drink, Premier chocolate, it worked for,

yeah!!) :D

Best to you.. ^_^

Dee

You need to be around 800 calories or less. Are you hungry?

You may just be a slower loser. I know it's coming off slow but maybe that is just the way it may be since you are tall and getting closer to goal? It is a bit confusing to me. I can understand why you are confused as well. Be honest with yourself, how many cupcake moments have you had? YOu don't have to tell us. Admit it to yourself. If that happens quite a bit, it can sabotage your weight loss. They go down easy like cake. I really think you should track calories and always eat Protein first. Also, you may not drink from a straw or consume soda or caffeine, but you don't drink with meals right?

I really feel you on this and I don't blame you for anything. Just analyze your eating habits and following the old "sleeve rules". They are in place for a reason. I am sorry you are trying and not losing it as fast as you want.

I am 5'6" tall and I have slowed to a halt my weight loss. This weekend I was just so frustrated that I decided have a free weekend. So I allowed myself to have half of my hubby's sandwich, in which I discovered that the wheat bread tasted horrid so I discarded it. Today I ate a bag of chili fritos! So disappointed in my choices. So tomorrow I will be on The Basic bootcamp diet.

Anyways, I would like to lose about 20 more lbs and I am waiting to see if by the increase in calories, that I may start a weight loss. Anyways, we can do this, it just might take a little longer. After all, this is not a race, it is a life style change. I need to stop making stupid decisions and eat non-processed foods and veggies. ;)

St. Louis Sarah.... have your clothes gotten any looser the past 2 months during your stall? I'm a little similar as far as the weight loss being slow the past few months and I had my surgery around the same time as you. I've really hit the weights with some heavy lifting the past three months, my pounds are very slow to drop, yet my clothes keep getting looser. The reason I asked is that I see that you've been doing CrossFit which mostly uses your body weight for lifting, which will add a good deal of muscle. I do CrossFit type of training about 2 days a week in addition to my weightlifting. So if you are still losing inches, I wouldn't worry too much about it due to you adding muscle, at some point, muscle and strength will plateau a little, and you will probably lose some more weight.

As for the carbs, just keep an eye on them and not go too crazy with them. Consuming them around your workout is fine and will actually help you pre and post workout. Other than that, you might want to keep them to a minimum. Also consider what the others on here mentioned like logging your food intake and not drinking with meals. If you are feeling better, that's great and try to focus on the good things while sticking with what you're supposed to do. Hang in there, it's more mental than anything.