Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Report On A Couple Rtd Protein Drinks

Perhaps not. I don't know anything about the product. It may be good stuff. Can't blame a saleperson looking for business ... that is their nature.

Debly, I do work for the company (Protein To Go). We are a start up company - about a year now, and we are trying to get the word out there about are product - we think it is a great Protein supplement and they taste phenomenal - if you get a chance stop Walgreens and try one - the Berries are my favorite...

Good luck to you,

Derek

Yarkered, I just checked out your site. Can't find the nutritional information for the products anywhere ... strike one. Almost all of your products contain caffiene ... strike two. I found an ingredient list and the first Protein listed is enzymatically hydrolyzed (predigested) collagenic Protein isolate which, from my research on protein supplements, is known to be one of the lowest quality Proteins out there ... strike three.

Sorry, but this doesn't come across (at least from looking at the website) as a product I would want to try. I don't want to hijack this thread with this offshoot topic ... you are entitiled to a public reply, but you can message me if you different information.

PdxMan - thank you for your response.

We provide our nutritional information on each product (on the individual labels). Also, if you click on any 12 pack flavor (on our website) the ingredients will be listed as well. Actually, only two of the four flavors have caffeine - The French vanilla Latte and the berry Boost. The berry Frost and the Milk chocolate shake do not have caffeine (my favorites) - I don't want the caffeine either...

The propriety blend of Protein in our drinks contains collagenic, whey, and casein. Clinical studies regarding the collagenic Protein have shown the improvement in moisture content of the skin, decreased joint pain, and increased bone mass density. Additionally, through studies, it has been claimed that hydrolyzed collagen may promote lean muscle mass through and the burning of fat rather than carbohydrates and Proteins, lessening the symptoms of arthritis, toning and thickening skin, joint rebuilding, arterial strengthening, increased energy, organ rebuilding, alleviate osteoporosis, high blood pressure, bladder weakness, chronic fatigue, shallow breathing, autoimmune, skin problems, and splitting nails.

I appreciate your input - we are always looking to improve our products and welcome any and all opinions.

Feel free to provide any other questions that you may have.

Thanks again.

Derek

Regarding Protein To Go, I also wanted to do some research as I was suspicious. Although the ingredient facts were difficult to find on the website, I did find Nutritional Facts in fine print at the bottom of the page, as well as the label when clicking on individual products. I was still uncertain as to what all that was, so I checked with the bariatric nutritionist at the University of Michigan where I am having my surgery. She told me it is a very good source of protein in the product and to go ahead and use it; and it is also sugar free. I haven't tried it, as on the website you have to buy a quantity, but will definitely pick one up at Walgreen's to try. I am very interested in the small size for postop.

Joni, thanks for your reply. We have had many people use PTG after bariatric surgery and they love it. Good luck on your surgery and I hope all goes well. Let us know how you like the PTG..

Thanks,

Derek...