Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Report On A Couple Rtd Protein Drinks

Hi All - I am preop and trying out Protein powders and ready-to-drink (RTD) protein beverages. I have now tried 3 RTD's.

1. Pure Protein - chocolate. Meijer's - First sip I thought it was okay. Second sip - not so good. Kind of chalky. Bad after taste. This is a NO for me.

2. MET-Rx Protein Plus RTD 51 - Frosty Chocolate - Meijer's/Vitamin Shoppe. 15 oz (BIG)/240 cal/2 gm fat/51 protein. This was good. No aftertaste. No medicine or creepy taste. Thicker consistency, almost too thick, but was good on ice. The guy from the Vitamin Shoppe said his all-time fav RTD is the Chocolate Peanut Butter; he said it tastes like ice cream. I believe him.

And I know the body can absorb only so much protein at one time, but those containers are large, and if you sip on one for HOURS AND HOURS.....your body WILL absorb the 51 grams right? My postop goal will be 70 gm of protein a day, so 1-1/2 cans from morning to night would do it - that is if I wanted to?!

3. Muscle Milk Light - Chocolate - Meijer's. 8.25 oz/100 cal/2.5 gm fat/15 gm protein. Lactose and sugar free. Comes in carton with straw to take on the go. This was very good. Easy to drink. Definitely want to try the vanilla.< /span>

That's it for now. I got my order in of 13.00 Sample Pack of nectar, Assortment of different flavors. Don't know if I want to try yet...:-)

I thought Muscle Milk tasted gross, in my opinion. I like the Premier Protein drinks. I'd like to try to second one you listed, it sounds good.

:( I guess I'm the saddest when it comes to Protein drinks because I dont have many choices where I live. And I cant order online from any US sites coz they dont ship these to India.

But I did see Click Mocha and Choclate flavors listed on ebay India. I'm going to order one soon (after consulting with my doc ofcourse - I'm petrified to try anything new without consulting him).

The only ones I really like are the vanilla Premier Protein from costco.< /p>

If I want a different flavor I add a little sugar free Torani Syrup in either peach or raspberry.

I've tried several RTD and powders. Premier from costco by far are the best for me. chocolate or vanilla. I see they make a strawberry, too, but haven't seen them around.

I thought Muscle Milk tasted gross, in my opinion. I like the Premier Protein drinks. I'd like to try to second one you listed, it sounds good.

Did you try the Light - which is the one recommended? I am told it is very different than the regular.

Joni, you should try our Protein To Go. We have many Dialysis and Bariatric patients asking for our product. Our Protein drinks are small, 2.5 oz, with 28g of hydrolyzed Protein - and they really taste good...!

Here is our website:

www.proteintogo.com

Check it out when you have a moment and feel free to contact us with any questions.

Thanks,

Derek Ray

Derek@proteintogo.com

727-531-8506

I ordered the samples from Chike I thought they were super yummy! Nice and thick too!! Really good on ice. For convenience I like the chocolate premiere shakes from sams. I also ordered the sample pack of nectar not really a fan but I have read that you can doctor them up with crystal light and other sugar free flavorings. They just tasted really bland to me and stunk sooo bad! Lol I have a friend who had a bypass 18 months ago and her hubby just had the sleeve 2 weeks ago and she swears by the GNC unflavored whey Protein Powder. She said that she adds it to everything and her hubby didn't even know it was there! Anyway sorry for the long post just my 2 cents worth!

Ugg I do not like Protein shakes and I'm trying to find SOMEthing I like. I've recently tried the Protein Shots, too... and the Carnivore liquid Protein has less of a funny smell than the whey Proteins. And 50 grams of Protein in that little bottle! I diluted it with some Water and it wasn't too bad....

That said, I also know that I may not like any of these after surgery! But trying to get an idea NOW of the ones I know I hate for sure.

Debly - try www.protientogo.com

2.5 oz, 28g of hydrolyzed Protein, and they really taste good. I am a fan of the chocolate and the berry. The two berries (one with caffeine and one without) are really good - I could drink a larger bottle it's so good..

Good to know! I see they carry them at Wal-Greens... maybe I'll pick one up today. Thanks!

Are you saying you sell them?

Debly, check his first post on this thread. He is a salesman for the product. His only posts have been on this thread.

Doggonit I've been had. LOL