Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone scheduled with dr Yu

I am!! Actually with his surgeon partner, Dr. Scarborough, same office. I've heard they are both fantastic.

Yes I am scheduled with Dr. Yu....he has a great bedside manner...I like him....looking forward to my procedure

I am!! Actually with his surgeon partner' date=' Dr. Scarborough, same office. I've heard they are both fantastic.[/quote']

I hope u stay in contact with me. Could use some support...I just met him today and am still a little scared. We re turning in our info to the ins. So hopefully will hear something soon

Yes I am scheduled with Dr. Yu....he has a great bedside manner...I like him....looking forward to my procedure

He is awesome. Spoke to me like he really cared n listened. Stay in contact, please

I am going to Dr. Yu. I am in the beginning stages. I go for a nut. consult tomorrow and EGD Thurs. He did a gastric bypass on my dght. a couple of yrs. ago and she has lost more that 100lbs. She was very satisfied with him and I think he is outstanding so far. Mine will be a band revision. I had a lapband 5/09 and lost about 60 llbs. I went to get a fill and the band had slipped. My original surgeon removed the Fluid and would have done gastric bypass or a sleeve ,but he is leaving the area and recommended I go to Houston. That was a couple of months ago and I have already gained close to 20lbs. It is time to do something :unsure:... Hopefully they will get all my info sent to the insurance co and I will be approved for the surgery. I am glad to find some others going to Dr. Yu. Please keep me updated on your progress and I will do the same.

I am going to Dr. Yu. I am in the beginning stages. I go for a nut. consult tomorrow and EGD Thurs. He did a gastric bypass on my dght. a couple of yrs. ago and she has lost more that 100lbs. She was very satisfied with him and I think he is outstanding so far. Mine will be a band revision. I had a lapband 5/09 and lost about 60 llbs. I went to get a fill and the band had slipped. My original surgeon removed the Fluid and would have done gastric bypass or a sleeve ' date='but he is leaving the area and recommended I go to Houston. That was a couple of months ago and I have already gained close to 20lbs. It is time to do something :unsure:... Hopefully they will get all my info sent to the insurance co and I will be approved for the surgery. I am glad to find some others going to Dr. Yu. Please keep me updated on your progress and I will do the same.[/quote']

I'm still new to this site. We have to keep in touch

Thank u for adding me as ur friend.

My name is Rosa and I am 51y. I have been a pediatric RN for 32yr.

I was banded 4-11-08. I have had nothing but an increase in health issues since I was banded.

My BP has been out of control, n/v, reflux causing bronchities, and snoring so bad. I couldn't eat eggs, tuna, or salad.

Felt like everything got stuck in my throat. Sometimes even Water. I was miserable. I had my fill removed and filled multiple times till I got better but nothing helped. I lost 40# but regained it all.

I weigh 248, 5'6. OMG... My body might be getting old but my mind is still 23, ahhhhaa

I had an EGD and an UGI last month and my dr told me I had to have the band removed.

My daughter recommend dr Yu. I saw him on the 22nd of march and now am waiting to see what's next. I ll keep u posted. I hope u do the same.

How is ur daughter doing since she was sleeved? What was her heaviest weight?

The reason I'm asking is my dgter Is hoping to get sleeved herself, she's 5'11 and about 300.

She s so beautiful but overweight. I can see the disappointment. In her eyes when we go shopping. But we can only do so much for them but be there.

Well, I guess, I've said too much,

Thanks for listening,

I am going to Dr. Yu. I am in the beginning stages. I go for a nut. consult tomorrow and EGD Thurs. He did a gastric bypass on my dght. a couple of yrs. ago and she has lost more that 100lbs. She was very satisfied with him and I think he is outstanding so far. Mine will be a band revision. I had a lapband 5/09 and lost about 60 llbs. I went to get a fill and the band had slipped. My original surgeon removed the Fluid and would have done gastric bypass or a sleeve ' date='but he is leaving the area and recommended I go to Houston. That was a couple of months ago and I have already gained close to 20lbs. It is time to do something :unsure:... Hopefully they will get all my info sent to the insurance co and I will be approved for the surgery. I am glad to find some others going to Dr. Yu. Please keep me updated on your progress and I will do the same.[/quote']

Hi, i need to vent. I'm having lots of problems with DR Yu s staff. I met with him back in March, had my labs drawn 3/22, I called twice to get results, well they lost all my paperwork stating the lady who was workin with my file is no longer with dr Yu's staff. So ,no one followed up on my paper work. 4/12 I had to call the lab to send DR Yu my results. They told me that was the 3 rd time they sent the results to him. They keep a documentation of every time they fax results. Next I called his office and they said they will send my paperworkmin to the ins. they tell me a gentleman will return my call well, guess what on 4/27, a month later I finally get my lab results.. 5/3 i called dr yu s office to ask why the delay on getting my results and what's the next step. Well she puts. E on hold 3x s and tells me someone will call me by 6p. Well, she called at 645p. She she hadn't recd all my paperwork from all the drs. And she was making it a point to send my paperwork to the insurance for a revision. OMG, what luck. Now I'm scared..

Although I am a self-pay patient, I do understand your frustration. TLC staff is usually very nice and curtious, but they will not automatically contact you about your test results....four times I had to call them to get my sleep study and my Scope results.....as far as insurance, like I said, I'm self-pay, I wished my insurance would pay....

My suggestion is you see that you will have to stay on top of them....do it...some doctor offices are better than others in processing paperwork, keep calling every 2 to 3 days to check the status....