Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring Is Almost Here

Hi Everyone,batlashes.gif

Spring is right around the corner. How is everyone doing? We are all at different stages in our Weight Loss Journey. Some have had the surgery and are just starting the journey. Some are almost at goal—yeah that is a great feeling, and some of us have already lost our weight and are trying to maintain that weight loss. It is possible to maintain the weight loss, but you need to keep doing what you have been doing for the most part. confused.gif

I have heard some people say they have lost the weight and now have regained some of it back. That is a hard thing to face if you have lost it and now allowed yourself to regain some of it. As we go along we have found out that we can eat a little more than in the 1st few months. You must remain diligent in eating small amounts of food. Try not to graze and if you are gazing make it veggies. You need to still watch the amount of carbs that you are eating and a must for me is to exercise. The more I exercise the easier it is to keep the weight off. Remember it really is about drinking a lot of Water still too—water fills you up and you should hydrate yourself. It is all about calories in calories out. dance.gif

I had someone ask me how to reset our metabolism? I am not sure you and reset it—it is what it is for the most part. How about rev it up. Eat good Protein and consider going back to when you first started this weight loss journey. Eat small amounts of healthy food. And don’t forget we still need to chew our food a lot. confused.gif

We CAN NOT go back to our OLD habits of thinking we can eat junk food and sit and never exercise. Sometimes we just need to remind ourselves that we have to maintain the current lifestyle that we have. I am not saying you can’t have a special treat now and then. But, you can NOT have that treat every day. Learn to make some sugar free things and learn some low carb recipes for Cookies or whatever it is that you like.chatterbox.gif

For me making different meals helps because I do not get so bored. I eat a lot of different salads for lunch and I put protein and veggies and some fresh fruit all together in a salad. Learn the difference between do I just want to eat or do I need to eat? Stop eating when you know you are full—it is OK to leave food on your plate and toss it out. It is good to throw food out. GET over always saving the food that is a bad habit that I used to have.cake.gif

If you have any question please feel free to ask me. I really want people to do that we all can be successful

Suzannecallme.gif

Sleeved 10/21/2008

Lost 105 pounds

Thank you so much. It is always so helpful when someone takes time out of their day to write a really good, encouraging post!

You are absolutely right! This is a life style change and needs to be constantly reminded to us. ;)

Suzanne,

Thanks for sharing. You inspire me! At just .1 lb to goal, maintenance and avoiding weight regain is on my mind. I have been snacking some, but slowly still losing, so I hope to be able continue with about the same amount/types of foods in maintenance.

I do exercise 5-6 days per week, get in my Protein and fluids and include healthy dairy, vegetables, fruit, and whole grains in my diet. And I follow the Vitamin regimen recommended by Kaiser Fremont.

I hope I am as successful as you in maintenance!

Lynda

Thank you so much. It is always so helpful when someone takes time out of their day to write a really good, encouraging post!

Hi,

I am glad that you enjoyed it. I know that I try to always be a positive person. I want others to know that we all have had our up's and down's along our weight loss journey. It is a very do able thing.

Hugs to you,

Suzanne

You are absolutely right! This is a life style change and needs to be constantly reminded to us. ;)

Hi,

Boy you get it, and yes we have to be reminded or keep talking to ourselves that this is a lifestyle change. Something that we honestly can do day after day for the rest of our life.

I like how I feel and look now, so that motivates me a lot. :wub:

Hugs,

Suzanne

Suzanne,

Thanks for sharing. You inspire me! At just .1 lb to goal, maintenance and avoiding weight regain is on my mind. I have been snacking some, but slowly still losing, so I hope to be able continue with about the same amount/types of foods in maintenance.

I do exercise 5-6 days per week, get in my Protein and fluids and include healthy dairy, vegetables, fruit, and whole grains in my diet. And I follow the Vitamin regimen recommended by Kaiser Fremont.

I hope I am as successful as you in maintenance!

Lynda

Hi Lynda,

Wow 1 pound away. You go girl. It feels good to reach your goal. You will find your set point that will maintain your weight. Even after I reached my goal I always kept weighing myself to make sure I was saying at the weight I wanted. I would go up or down 3 to 5 pounds sometimes, so I always keep tabs by getting on the scales every morning. That is just my comfort zone for me.

I hope you are enjoying all the things that weight loss has brought you. :D

Hugs to you,

Suzanne