Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie - August 28th Band Date

Hello everybody,

I've been lurking for a few days and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I am scheduled to be banded on August 28th by Dr. B. Greene in Rockville, MD. My insurance BC/BS of DC does not cover the procedure at all.

As of the 1st of August, I'm on a semi liquid diet, 1 meal and 2 Protein shakes a day. That all will change on August 14th when I go all liquid...really looking forward to that :omg:

I am very encouraged by the success and support that is shown with this group and I look forward to becoming as successful as you all have been!

Would love to chat with you all and get to know you as we win this battle together.

Lett

Welcome to LBT!

I was banded in Aug "04" hehe it's a good month :)

Congrats on your banding date!

Nana~

Thanks Nana! Yeah it is a good month! How are you doing with managing to keep your weight off and/or continue to lose after 2 years?

I'm worried about my long term success with this.

3 weeks and counting!!

WELCOME TO LBT!!!

Those Pre-op diets really suck!! Hang in there you will be on normal food again in no time.

Congratulations on your surgery date.

It looks like you are already on the losing side even with out the band.

Good luck!!

Hi everyone. Yep, I'm a newbie. I can't wait. I am so excited I am bouncing off the walls. Just found out I have an actual surgery date. I am a self payer (no insurance) so this is a huge step for me. Like I have been told, you would pay at least that for a new car, this is an investment in the rest of my life. I agree 100%. Would love to talk to anyone who self payed or anyone who may offer any words of wisdom. I am 24, 240, 5'8' and ready to be healthy!

Hi Coyotegirl

Yeah, it is very hard and my doctor has very strict requirements. I keep sabatoging myself!!!! I have to lose 8 more pounds by the 28th. I go totally on liquids from the 14th - 28th! Now that's going to be hard.

Will stay on the boards to get the encouragement I'll need.

Hey Pjk! Looks like there are 3 of us that I know of being banded that day. Where are you located? What is your drs pre-op requirements? I'm on Protein shakes 2 a day and one meal up until 8/13, after that, it's all liquids.< /p>

Also have to give myself shots to reduce the chance of blood clots. Have to take an oral med to reduce the chance of vomiting after surgery. Another oral med to reduce the possibility of yeast...what else(?). Have script for Pepcid to reduce acid reflux. Oh, and the body wash that I have to use for 4 days 2x a day before surgery.

Does your doc require any/many of these things?

Look forward to losing with you!

Hi WClay,

I have to start the liquid diet Tuesday and I am not looking forward to it! I will be using Dr. Curry in Cincinnati Ohio. I am really excited because I was approved one day after meeting with the doctor. I have been researching this for over a year and really expected a 3-6 month process. I am a nurse so I know what to expect with this surgery. Keep in touch

pjk

Pjk,

Just wondering how the all liquids are going. You started a few days before me. It's tough isn't it. Is the weight just falling off of you? Excited about next week?

I'm doing ok. Liquids are not totally bad especially when I see the scale move.

Keep in touch.