Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Getting Sleeved On March 12 ?

Me too, but I'm also thinking a lot about what to have on hand to eat after surgery. I have a pretty good supply of Protein Drinks, some are really hard to tolerate. Today I'm home from work, so I think I'll make up some veg Soup, blend it up so there are no chunks, put it into ice cube trays, freeze it. Then when I want veg soup, I can take one cube out at a time, and heat it up. Then stir in some plain Protein Powder. I also ordered some fruity flavored Protein powder (the choco and vanilla are so gross). You can order samples of Syntrax Nectar 13 samples for $13.00 no shipping by calling 866-333-7403 x801. If the gal doesn't answer, leave a msg and she'll call you back. I think its a great way to try the flavors. I also ordered some Syntrax nectar (because people swear its the best). The best price I found is supplementwarehouse.com if you order from them, you also get free stuff. With my order this time, I'm getting a free shaker cup, a Protein Bar, a Vitamin storage container and something else, I forget. Free is fun.

LaceyD and Meli1234, are you guys staying inpatient for your surgery? Just curious. Did your surgeon order any meds for before surgery? My surgeon ordered a scopalamine patch (for nausea) to put on the night before, and celebrex (inflammation) for the morning of. Just curious what other docs order.

My surgery is outpatient @ a surgery center. I don't have any required medicine to take before surgery. Thanks so much for the number I just ordered a sample pack of the nector. There's so many different Protein products it's hard to choose. What kind of nector did you order. They Soup cubes are a good idea too. I'll have to do that one day this week.

LaceyD,

I ordered 2 different fruit punch flavors and one plain. You're right, there are sooooo many Protein products out there....soy, casein, whey, hemp,egg,etc... From what I've read and heard, and I could be wrong. But, whey isolate is supposed to be superior to whey concentrate...not sure why. I've done so much research it'll make your head spin. So, before you order, make sure its the kind of protein that you want. Double check the grams of protein per serving...I know that sometimes I get so caught up in looking for flavors, I forget the protein content. Also, what I've noticed is that sometimes a serving is 2 scoops, instead of 1. So, make sure and look at the labels. The Syntrax Nectar is a little more expensive, but if its easier to get down, that's what matters.

My surgery is inpatient. I go in at 5:30 am on Monday. My doctor says most of his patients stay in the hospital about 24 hours.

My surgeon didn't order any meds for before surgery.

I also ordered some syntax nectar, I have the strawberry kiwi and unflavored Protein. I really like the strawberry kiwi!

I am having surgery the 12 as well. It is inpatient in Houston texas. Have been on a liquid pre op diet for two weeks. I have been using the Bariatric Advantage protien shakes I purchased at my doctor office. I think I am going to try the nectar and see how that goes for after surgery!

I am having surgery the 12 as well. It is inpatient in Houston texas. Have been on a liquid pre op diet for two weeks. I have been using the Bariatric Advantage protien shakes I purchased at my doctor office. I think I am going to try the nectar and see how that goes for after surgery!

How has your preop diet been so far, I was fine with it until the 2nd week. How are the Bariatric Advantage shakes?

the Bariatric Advantage shakes are okay but not great. I am not a huge milk fan so I have been mixing them with ice and Water in the blender. I also have a shaker cup that I use on the go and they even taste okay then. I have tried the orange cream and the chocolate. My pre-op diet is going okay. I am not gonna lie... I have taken a bite here and there of food but I think all together I have consumed less than 1/2 a cup. I am eating ALOT of sugar free popsicles and Jello :). Weighed this morning and I am down 11 lbs since starting the preop diet so I am excited about that.

Nervous but ready for sure!

I'm ready too. I wonder how we'll all be feeling 48 hours form now?

I'm ready!!

Feeling okay how about yourself? Im a little sord but trying not to take pain meds except to help sleep at night l. Had to stay in hospital ah extra night because I couldnt keep things down but since coming home I am having trouble getting enough in but what I do I keep down!

Hi, feeling pretty good. I havent had trouble keeping things down but don't think I'm getting in all I should be. Feels like I'm eating a million Popsicles. Lol . I'm still sore but moving around a lot. I drove yesterday and leaving shortly to pick up my kids at school. It seams everyday is better.

Great to hear that you guys are doing well. So, what are we, 5 days out, huh? I feel good, sore and swollen, but pretty good. Last time I had to take pain meds was Tues night. My biggest problem has not been the surgery, it was having my sister here to "help" me and the power being out from Monday night until just about 15 min ago! No power means no Water, too! My sister left yesterday, thank goodness, now I can concentrate on getting my Protein and fluids in, instead of my sister, oh, she is sooooo high maintenence. I should have hired a care giver for my animals and a taxi driver. I would have been so much better off.

Enough about that. Today I am finding myself salivating for the taste of food. One of my weaknesses is the sausage McMuffin. But I just mix up another Protein Shake and force it down. I find that I cannot handle any of the choco or vanilla powders. So the Syntrax Nectar is tolerable. My doctor also gave some samples of 'proti' brand Soup, hot coco, and drinks. I mixed up a little capacino mix with warm milk and it was pretty good. Any other tasty ideas out there?