Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a question that I have been thinking about....

Does anyone know if anyone had revision to either RNY or DS after having Sleeve surgery???

I know the history behind the sleeve being the first step to DS.....but has anyone ever had to have revision done due to low amount of weightloss???

I know nothing about DS, but I think you should expect that your sleeve will work. :)

hi, i havent been on here in a really long time but im back and wanted to answer your question...kind of.

i was sleeved 1 year ago after having the lapband and it has not worked for me. its like i dont have a sleeve at all :( i have been so bummed out. called the coordinator for my surgeon and she said i can have a "resleeve " but i will have to pay of course or maybe i should convert to the DS. so im sure there are people who have had to revise after the sleeve, i know a woman who actually had it done today because she hasnt lost any weight either. i have not heard from her yet but im sure she will post on here soon with an update.

You should def have the expectations that your sleeve will work. I feel it's all about how you work your sleeve as well. =) You still have to eat the right things and exercise regularly. With that being said,at my pre op appt,one of the doctors expressed to me that she thought the RNY was the gold standard and the sleeve may not allow me to lose all my weight( I don't agree) But they said if it doesn't work,they can do the DS. They never mentioned doing the RNY if the sleeve didn't work. I didn't pay much attention though bc I knew/know that my sleeve will not let me down. Sleevie and I will work together till all this pesky fat is gone,then continue to work to keep it off. Lol

The DS is a procedure that's on the way out the door. My surgeon stopped doing them and said its far too dangerous with the new modern WLS options. Sleeve works. Its a great tool, just have to work it right.

Oh and one more thing,the "Golden Standard" RNY doesn't always work either. My sister had it in 2008 and has lost and kept her weight off but her best friend had it also in 2008,didn't lose all her weight and what she did lose has came back. They were relatively the same weight,only her friend was taller. Just kinda goes to show that you HAVE to work the tool you are given in order to be successful long term.

Thanks! I brought up the question, because I watched a youtube of a lady who had the sleeve done, had a baby and wasn't able to lose anymore weight after the baby....so her doctor revised her to the RNY...

I do believe the sleeve will work for me....I'm more interested in being healthy than how thin I can become...

I do believe the sleeve will work for me....I'm more interested in being healthy than how thin I can become...

Great attitude to have! Can't wait to see your transformation! When do/did you get sleeved?

I believe that I have to work with my sleeve to have success. I have to find coping skills to stop myself from sabotaging my weight with old triggers to eating the wrong thing. It will be a problem fo a long time. The sleeve is a great tool to decrease our appetites. It will be with us forever. I love my sleeve, it's me! ;)

Have no idea what a DS is but I went from the band and a loss of 90 pounds to the sleeve and have not started to lose the 2nd 100 pounds. I would not go back to the lapband again and the sleeve is the most amazing thing that I have ever done.

Great attitude to have! Can't wait to see your transformation! When do/did you get sleeved?

I am scheduled for June 11, 2012...

Congrats! You'll be there b4 you know it!!! =)