Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only 2 Pounds In A Week :(

Had my sleeve on 2/8 and lost 17 pounds in a week and 2 days. The last week now only 2 pounds. I was really bummed when I got on the scale. I am only drinking Water, Protein Drinks (one a day until today) and a little Tomato Soup or broth. My surgeon wants me on liquid only for a month. I am walking a lot and doing things around the house, so what gives??? I am disappointed and discouraged that my struggles with the liquid only is barely even paying off!!

Keep your head up. It WILL come off. There is no way it can't! Your body is still recovering and adjusting from a MAJOR surgery. Be patient. I have found the weight loss comes in peaks and valleys. I want the weight to come off yesterday too. It will come off. Hey...YOU JUST LOST 2 MORE POUNDS!!!!!!!!!! It all adds up in the end. ;)

I was sleeved on the same day as you, and having the same problem. I am on pureed foods but not able to eat much so I know my caloric intake can't be very high. Ive lost 15lbs and it seems to have stopped there. :(

I "only " lost .2 this week. I would take your 2 pounds... You really need to stop saying "only" in front of ANY weight loss!!!

Julie

In the long term losing 2 pounds a week would be 104 pounds this year. That's not an insignificant amount.

You are not going to see a huge drop on the scale every time you step on it. Not everyone loses all of their weight in nine months - many more people take more than a year to get to goal. In fact, with less than 100 pounds to lose, I'd expect your journey to be slower, anyway.

That said, your body is still in shock. Put that scale away! You're already nearly 20% down. You're being too hard on yourself. You've just lost 17 pounds in two weeks! That's something you will not repeat the rest of your journey, so pat yourself on the back and be proud of your accomplishment.

I took 17 months to lose 107 pounds. On average, I lost just over six pounds a month. In reality, I had two weeks every month where I didn't lose (and usually gained three pounds for my period!) and even hit two nine week stalls along the way.

Weight loss happens in fits and starts. Be happy for the losses and try to stay positive during the slow Patches. You just had 85% of your stomach removed and would be crazy to think that you're somehow NOT going to lose weight with this major life change.

Chin up. In six months you'll be sitting back reading posts by people recently sleeved and wondering why they expect it all to happen so quickly - and at that point you'll be more than halfway to goal and feeling great about yourself.

~Cheri

I agree with the others. LOSE the word "only" from your vocabulary. Pre-surgery, if you had lost 17 pounds in 17 days, you'd have been dancing on the ceiling! All of us would have been! There is a 3 week stall that most sleevers experience. You may just be starting yours a few days early. Our bodies are recovering from major surgery and from a major lifestyle change for most of us. It takes a bit for the body to adjust to the new normal.

Don't worry, you WILL lose weight, and very quickly, but it won't be overnight. Think about how long it took to gain the weight. It will definitely take awhile to lose the weight. Once you are back on regular food, it will seem a little less intimidating to get in your Protein and Water each day, plus you'll have more energy for exercising, which will help the weight loss.

Toss the scale and concentrate on getting your Water and Protein in each day. Look for the NSVs like your clothes getting looser and the amazing spike in energy that most of us experience. Look to some of the sleevers who have made it to goal and read their stories. NONE of them got to goal without a few glitches along the way. Some lose slowly, very slowly. Others have had long stalls where they didn't lose anything for weeks. What they all have in common is that they perservered through those stalls/slow losses and continued to drink their water and eat their protein. Oh, and that they all made it to their personal goals! :)

This is definitely a journey rather than a sprint. I'm over 80 pounds down and I know there's no way I'd have made it here without Rex, my sleeve, helping me. I have a long way to go, but I WILL make it to goal. I've promised my surgeon and myself that I'm going to be one of the poster children for weight loss! You will be one too!! :)

Thank you everyone for your guidance and support!! I appreciate it all!!