Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Chat - NC

That sounds so nice! Now remind me the big party for your grandparents, it's there 60th anniversary?

I want to go to carowinds so bad this year, but my back won't let me! ERRR My insurance won't pay for any of the spine centers around here! It is so frustrating to wake up ALL the time with back pain and then have days where I feel like the Tin Man! I guess that cold be another positive thing if DH changes jobs someday, maybe they'll have an insurance company that works with orthopedics!

have a good day a

That sounds so nice! Now remind me the big party for your grandparents, it's there 60th anniversary?

I want to go to carowinds so bad this year, but my back won't let me! ERRR My insurance won't pay for any of the spine centers around here! It is so frustrating to wake up ALL the time with back pain and then have days where I feel like the Tin Man! I guess that cold be another positive thing if DH changes jobs someday, maybe they'll have an insurance company that works with orthopedics!

have a good day and

Oh Diane,

I have chronic lower back/neck pain. I've been treated for three frustrating years and still suffer, many times really bad. I started in 2003 during the summer and by the winter, I was out of work for 2 weeks and didn't leave bed too much. I have been seeing a pain center dr and they are super expensive. Why doesn't your insurance cover orthopeadics?

So, here's the assortment of all I've done, chiro, pt, accupuncture, spinal injections, pain management med's, ten's machine, saw a ortho, a neurosurgeon and I'm still with the pain center. The pain center dr did all these test and sent me to a neuro uptown, (there's none in my plan out where we live), the pain center dr wanted me to have spine surgery, the neuro said no way. He told me to learn to live with the pain (it's been 3 years, what else am I going to do) and he recommended that I have a spinal fusion in 20 years. I was told I have degenerative disc disease.

SO, I'm here 3 years later still in pain. When I hit my 40 weight loss my foot and heel started hurting alot, they said it was my Discs l4,l5, and s1,

The neuro felt that I was too young for back surgery and that once you get cut, it goes down hill from there. I might look into disc decompression, but most dr's won't consider me for treatment because i'm 33 and just had RNY. So, it's disappointing.

My recommended plan is heat, and Ice. I cannot use heat because it makes me too hot. I'm scheduled to start another round of injections in a month now that I'm six months post op. I'd love to take advil at this point but cannot/

I hope you feel better soon. You are not alone. Did your back get injuried during the car accident, if so the insurance company for the person who hit you should cover your medical bills.

Jennifer

Today is wavey's day....good luck wavey (I know you are already there...but forgot to put this yesterday! LOL)

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

;)

One of the NSVs that I can't wait to have will be going to Carowinds and being able to ride what I want to! Of course, there are things I could ride the last time I was there. I rode Rip Roarin' Rapids, the log flume, bumper cars, carousel, and I could ride the Carolina Cyclone if I sat in the front car. There were a few others, but not enough for me. That was the last time I went and that was several years ago. I want to be able to ride Top Gun and the Borg Assimilater!

Less than a month till my appointment with Dr. B! I can't wait!

Jennifer- WOW you've been through a lot! My back just went out about 2 yrs ago. I'm much better now than before, and I'm sure the WL has a lot to do with that! But I'm still in pain everyday especially in the morning. It's not that the insurance co won't pay for it it's that the stupid Ortho spine centers won't take the insurance! Thanks for your recommendations.

Wavey-Happy banding!

Melissa how are you?

Tonya-This time next year, you;ll be able to go on whatever you want!

Well we have a meeting at RiRa's this morning for the magazine. You guys have to check out the next issue it has my DS and his GF on the cover. It will be out around Sept 1st.

Having fun with ma, have a good day.

Yay Jill! Prayers for a successful surgery and smooth recovery. Keep us posted Melissa...I'll be checking in.

Today is your day! It's here! My tummy is turning with excitement for you! (((((HUGS))))))

Hey Ladies! I am sorry I have been out of the loop but with the kids starting school and all my bday partying last weekend, I've been a busy girl! B) Also trying to find a job. Boy I have been busy. I havent been being a good bandster at all. I need to kick myself and stop this or I wont lose anything. GRRRR!!!!!!

I need to exercise and get moving, yadda, yadda, yadda!!! Same ole song and dance. It's crazy. Why can't I get my motivation, why can't I do what I did last year and work hard and eat right? WTF is wrong with me! Sorry for the language but I am getting very discouraged with myself. <sigh>

Jill, good luck! And always follow the bandster rules. Don't follow in my foot steps. You guys are probably saying to yourselves, what is wrong with her! She has gone off the deep end and we need to fish her out of there. lol I think I have but everyone already knew I was nutty! :P I dont need to prove that anymore. lol But seriously I need to do this. Thanks for listening to my ramblings. I am such a cry baby sometimes. :)

Well I hope you all are doing well. I hope you are being good bandster ladies and following the rules and not eating everything under the sun like bondgirl is! B) Love you girls! Cant wait to see you on the 9th of September. It's my middle girl's bday but I will make it and still get to see her since she will be with her Daddy. I am sure he will let me see her on her bday. Ok I am outta here its getting long and very crazy and I need some sleep. :notagree Nighty Night!!!

Angie

I'm eating everything under the sun right there with Angie. I feel so defeated at the moment. I had Peanut Butter and an handfull of chocolate chips for Breakfast. I don't know whats wrong with me. I did well food wise when paul was out of town. I ate between 850 calories (only one day that low) and 1200 calories everyday. I got in plenty of Protein and was fine. Then the weekend came, paul was home, I couldn't control all the food situations around me and boom I'm eating peanut butter for breakfast. I'm clinging to the idea that once the kids are back in school next week it will be easier to follow a better plan. I see the nutritionist next week...and other than cutting off a limb to loose weight I see no way to hide my outlaw ways. (which limb would be easier to sacrafice?) This is basically why you guys haven't seen any chatter from me. I'm embarrassed.

OK We all need a kick sometimes but the thing is guys, are you eating like this EVERYDAY? We are human and we will have days that we screw up sometimes everyday for a week, but then hopefully you get back on track. Don't be to hard on you self that makes it harder to get back. Just have what you know works for your day in the morning I think Breakfast screw ups are half the battle, at least for me they are.

So hang in there and do it!!!

Kim and Karen tomorrow lunch would be nice I have to take ma to the airport by 12 I can meet you after that do you want me to pick up Karen and drive to get you Kim? Let me know.

Angie I'm sure it will be uptown near where they work. It would be great if you could join us. I will call Kim in the morning at work. I don't have Karens # and suprise suprise I lost yours. Do you still have my cell #?

I'll check this in the morning. Hope to meet up. have a good night.

Dianne & Angie, we're not going to be able to do lunch today. We're going to try again for one of the next two weeks. Sorry :)