Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow Is 1St Day Back @ Work!?!?

Feeling nervous for my 1st day back @ work tomorrow. I'm still struggling with eating, so I'm taking a "lunch" with enuf items for the week- but am planning on doing my Protein Shake around lunchtime (which is what I did pre-surgery) & having meal # 2 when i get home around 3. very very few people know about my surgery-I went with the gallbladder cover. & everyone knows I workout alot ( I'm even

planning on changing @ work for the gym)

I've put some thought even into what I'm wearing tomorrow- I don't want to accentuate that I've lost weight (soooo weird to say that) but I just don't want to deal with nosy people. Ive always been ultra sensitive about my weight & this has been emotional, especially dealing with complications. I'm looking forward to beginning counseling to get a handle on the mental battles. But just had to vent about my pre-work jitters! (not to mention, it's that time of the month-lol) wish me luck!!!

I go back to work Wed but not happy about it. I don't like my job right now. Physically I'm ready but like you I told people I was having a benign tumor removed. I want to be private. I have lost 2 inches on waist hips and thighs but only about 13 lbs. so not too noticeable yet!

How many days did you take of from work so I know aswell

This is so funny... I did the same gallbladder story! People are now getting noisy because I have lost a noticeable amount of weight and my eating habits. I started going to the gym with a few co-workers and have been working my ass off to show them Im working out hard! I dont know why, I dont want people to know?!?!? I guess because I hate people in my business.

Best of luck to you, it will be fine cause you are strong! You can do it!

I took two and a half weeks off after surgery. I was still tired for the first couple days back, but you'll get back into the swing of it. I went with the hernia repair, but everyone pretty much knows I had some sort of weight loss surgery too...although the really funny thing is that no one has said anything about it to me...except once when we all went out for lunch. I told only a few people, but knowing a couple of them, I'm sure they either told others or alluded to it. I get a kick out of people's behaviors, so this is an interested little study right now. Its obvious I've lost weight and normally people would totally point it out....but now that no one is sure how to address. lol....its still a loss people!! Something to celebrate!

I hope your first day back went well! And congrats on your newish sleeve and great weightloss. I told everyone, as we are a very close group, what I was doing. I took a month of because of complications that arose. Im more worried people are going to expect me to be 100 pounds lighter when I walk in :lol:

Best wishes to you :)

I go back to work Wed but not happy about it. I don't like my job right now. Physically I'm ready but like you I told people I was having a benign tumor removed. I want to be private. I have lost 2 inches on waist hips and thighs but only about 13 lbs. so not too noticeable yet!

I had to go back to work last week, like you I was physically ready but don't care for my job either right now so I was not looking forward to it. The thing though that I have discovered was even though I didn't tell any of my co-workers that I was having the surgery (I was just going on vacation) That when I got back I really didn't care who knew. I guess once it was done it took all the pressure off of having to explain my reasons for having it in the first place.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches