Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!!!

I joined this site last summer and have been reading as much as possible about the sleeve. I know a co-worker that had it done and she talked to me about it on quite a few occasions and I've decided to go ahead and get it done this year. I'm hoping within the next six months, end of this year at the latest.

I did meet with a surgeon last year and nutritionist/dietician. I decided to find another surgeon and will be meeting with him soon.

One of my main questions is about back pain. I've had back pain for the past 2+ years since a car accident. I've seen a few different doctors to figure out what's going on and they are all telling me it's my weight causing the back pain. I don't buy it because I used to be able to stand and walk without a problem for more than just a few minutes. Since the accident I have gained quite a bit of weight too since I am not as active as I used to be. I'm wondering if anyone else had back pain, did it go away with weight loss or get worse? I've heard most people who suffer with it lose weight and it only got worse.

Welcome Jolie and cogratulations on choosing to get healthy with VSG.

I too suffered from constant back pain due to vehicle accident in 1999. I actually had a small break in my back that they didn't find till years later. I am pleased to say that the pain in my back lessened more and more as I shed the extra lbs I was carrying around. I have lost 103 lbs and have 8 more to go till I reach my goal. I can actually stand for long periods of time now, wash dishes, go for long walks, etc. I have my life back and it is such a blessing.

That is just my story and everyone is different, but I think you will find that you will start feeling better as soon as the weight starts falling off.

Good luck to you!

((Hugs))

Shell

i also suffer from back pain. it was pretty bad, some days i would wake up and the pain was so bad i had to call off of work. i also suffered from bad joint pain. when i had my surgery in november i wieghed 490 pounds and i am down to 407 as of today. all of my pain has not went away but it has decreased by alot. now i dont even take pain meds any more.

One of the things that can happen when you have trauma when being overweight, is that the injury doesn't heal because of the weight affecting the weakened area. So yes, your doctor is probably correct that your weight has a lot to do with it. Those injuries can heal a whole lot faster when there's no stress of excess weight on them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches