Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Postive Attitudes

I will be sleeved on Feb 4th, so truly I do not know what it feels like. I have had other surgeries and have worried and complained afterwords about the pain. I also stressed myself before hand.

I noticed though reading others experiences that it is vital to keep a positve outlook. I know that it is natural to experience "buyers remorse" but overall, I beleive it is imparitive at this stage, for me, to go in this with feelings of "I can do this, yes, I will work through the pain I will have a few months of major discomfort but this to shall pass".

I have been the other patient that was, this is terrible, this sucks , I can not handle this and It only made it worse.

These days if I wander into fear, I fill my head with , I can not wait to sit on my husband's lap again, I want to run, I want to paint my own toes again. I want to live free of my "CAN NOTS"

I want to embraced every minute of it!!!!! Even the pain of getting there.

I believe that sometimes, the hard times attitude might just be everything!!!!

Just saying....

Positivity and committment are the biggest tools you can bring to this journey.

Good luck with your surgery~

Ha!! You got me, I just came here ready to cheer for positive attitudes... LOL!! :) Not too long now! When do you start your pre op diet?

Congrats!! Be sure to tell us your story and how you are doing!

Ha!! You got me, I just came here ready to cheer for positive attitudes... LOL!! :) Not too long now! When do you start your pre op diet?

Already started, tough but I can do this AND this to will pass!!! lol

yecats, I think a positive attitude is the best thing you can do for yourself, too!! You've got half the battle won already if you can stay positive. :)

Good luck!!

CONGRATS! Very happy for you. Don't worry toooooo much. The pain isn't bad afterwards. You can do it..... ;)

I've read a few people say that this was easier than their c-section. If that's the case, then I am SOOOO gonna rock this sleeve.

I'm a huge believer in a positive attitude can affect healing. We CAN do this.

Today, I was talking with a couple of my coworkers and they were saying how proud they were of me because I was doing it for my health and not vanity. I said, "OH NO! There is some vanity involved. I CAN NOT wait until I can shop some where other than Lane Bryant or Avenue or Catherine's, etc." I'd say I want to paint my own toe nails, but who am I kidding with that one....pedicures all the way. Those are going to be my rewards as opposed to food.< /p>

No more food rewards.

This is a journey!! A real process to uncovering who you are w/o the impediment of being overweight... From that prespective, you are being reborn!!! The process can get tough at times, but the rewards are SOOOO much greater!!! Each day is a new day to try again and be victorious... I have to tell myself that daily... It's amazing that each day I am able to do, see or express something new.. something the was impossible before I started this journey.... Congrats and keep it positive!!!

Congrats on getting your date Yecats!! I'm very excited for you.

Congrats on getting your date Yecats!! I'm very excited for you.

Thank you so much!!! I am very excited. Maybe in a months I will be up for that jazz class lol. :)

That would be great! Please keep in touch.

Yes, this is a long-haul journey and keeping positive is the very best thing you can do for yourself. You will not recover overnight, you will not lose the weight overnight, and you will not feel like an entirely new person overnight. But if you keep the right mindset as much as you can (we all slip into negativity after a rough patch now and again) you'll have a successful journey and come out the other side a totally changed person, inside and out.

Best of luck to you - your surgery date is just around the corner!

~Cheri