Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Canadian "AUGUST" Challenge

Buffie - I read that rice can sometimes be hard to pass through the band. Also, if there is seaweed around your sushi it might be hard to actually chew into small pieces. I'm a vegetarian, so I don't know about the raw fish...but I assume it would be quite easy to break down and would be good Protein.< /p>

Yah Cloe, I know what you mean about the exercise and asking ourselves why it's so hard to stick to it. Yesterday, I worked all day, went to the gym right after work and didn't get home until 6:30 p.m. I leave the house at 7:20 a.m. to get the kids to school and daycare to start at 8:00 a.m. and I finish at 4:00 p.m. I feel guilty because I get home so late..and THEN the hell begins...cooking supper, dealing with the kids, baths, playing, dealing with the house...ARGH!!!! Sitting my arse on the couch for an hour and watching tv and EATING is my solitude/sanctuary and I miss it a lot. Anyway, keep up the good work!!!!! You're doing great. It would sure be nice to meet all you guys some day.

Buffie: I know some who eat sushi with no probs...just give it a whirl...as you know by now food treats us all differently!

RATGIRL: HEY!!! Hiya and welcome!!! (hmmmmm lifting my toes....not sure about the "rat" thing!) LOL

Kim: gooood luck; it's tomorrow isn't it?!

ratgirl is a nickname a FedEx delivery guy gave me many years ago after seeing my rat/mouse tattoo. I love all animals, expecially rodents. I don't have any at the moment, but I do have 2 very cute cats.

Looking forward to talking to you guys more!

ratgirl is a nickname a FedEx delivery guy gave me many years ago after seeing my rat/mouse tattoo. I love all animals, expecially rodents. I don't have any at the moment, but I do have 2 very cute cats.

Looking forward to talking to you guys more!

hmmmmm *thinking maybe Ratgirl doesn't have any more rodents BECAUSE of the two cats*....

hehehe...

I used to have a rat a few yrs ago as a pet; didn't last very long let me tell ya....we didn't bond well and he got mad because I was away for business a lot. We went our separate ways. Of course, looking back....a RAT for a pet?? WTF was I thinking?????!!!!

Sorry you and your rat didn't get along...I've had a few rats. The males get HUGE and are hard to care for. When I was pregnant with my son I had 2 femails rats (much better choice). After coming home from work I would take them out and they would crawl all over me (a nightmare for some other people I'm guessing). The mother rat (Big Mama) would crawl into my PJ leg bottom and fall asleep.

I wasn't able to spend enough time with my rats after my son...so I ended up with cats. Cats, rats and kids oh my!

I used to live in Toronto, but now live in Woodstock (near London). Are you happy with your banding? Is there anything you regret?

Sorry Ladies, can't share your love of RATS, Ahhhhh!!

Ratgirl, You couldn't pay me enough to give back my Band!!

hi guys, cloe, buffie and yoda for your best wishes tomorrow but right now I don't deserve them . I have eaten mon and last night and my surgery is tomorrow! I couldn't stop . I feel guilty, tried to change my suregry date and man am I messed. I am scared and feeel frankly quite stupid right now and of course I just want to eat. I am so afraid I won't be able to eat meat or food again that I like, I mean i have read this solidly now for a few weeks and signed on the solid line and borrowed to pay. but I have coped with my life , with everything by eating, it is my comfort. I am desperate and feel there was no other choice. When i read that swallowing MUSHy stuff,and peopel sound so happy? I understand with weight loss people would be happy, but to eat such tiny little pieces and having difficulty with rice?? i don;t get it, so yes i am worried, scared, all of it. I dont hink I wil ever be normal again will i/ I mean even if I lose all my weight. i am still forever eating when everyone else is finsihed. I have always inhaled my food pretty much, how do i change something like this. jeeze i wish this was real life as in on a phone or chat room and i could talk to someone ,I am petrified. i read people who can't take in much Water after their surgery or after a fill? How can you not drink water after the surgery is done? there is no restriction then right? I mean why does on have difficulty getting stuff in if they jus put a band around you, the opening is not smaller is it? why is it called a stoma? I am a nurse and I thought a stoma is an opening that doc makes? geeze I am taking fifty steps backwards here. I am so sorry for sounding lik ea fool

kim, I can go on chat until 5:00, then I hve to take my kids to ball, meet ya there

I used to live in Toronto, but now live in Woodstock (near London). Are you happy with your banding? Is there anything you regret?

I have no complaints so far. I'm happy with my choice....very happy actually. I'm still on a learning curve...but then again, life is a learning curve!!!!

Kim.....it sounds like maybe you aren't ready if you have all these thoughts/feelings about not wanting to do the things that need to be done once you are banded. I hope you've researched well and considered all the aspects of it!!!

I'm sure you have though and perhaps this is just nervousness....at least I hope that is all it is.

Bonne Chance tomorrow!

Buffie - I haven't tried sushi yet, but I definitely will give it a go. Where ya goin' for sushi? Sushiro? Mmmmm... sushi. Apparently there's some super good sushi in Halifax... I'll have to go sometime soon!

Ratgirl - I am happy so far... no regrets at all.

;)

Buffie, I read on another thread that the seaweed wrap can cause problems, only because it is hard to break down enough with chewing for it to pass through the stoma. Maybe you should not eat the seaweed.

Maria

I was going stir crazy and had to get out and of course ATE I went to a movie..world trade centre, I thought I couldn't dwell on my surgery if i was watching something much more important. I ate a burger AND popcorn. I was sobbing and you guys don't know me and must think I am a wimp and honeslty I am a very strong person I don't understand it, but I staretd almost mourning the loss of food, liek popcorn, etc,,, I mean that is how I cope with EVERYTHING, what do i do now? So i can't quiet explain it , I haven't read of anyone reacting/behaving like this. Wil they be able to do the surgery laparoscopically tomorrow, I dunno now and if i have to be opened now from stem to sturn , it is my fault. So I am not proud of myself but just wanted to share with you and the biggest mistake I made was that bbq.

Kim, don't worry. You will be able to eat again!!! And just be honest with them and let them know that you strayed from the pre-op diet. Who knows, maybe it won't be a big deal at all. Some people get banded, and never ever have to do a pre-op diet.

Just take care of yourself, and we'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!

Good luck, and let us know how you're doing as soon as you can.

:hug:

Mandi