Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a very active job, I'm on my feet all day, bending, squatting, walking all day. I can not maintain this activity without a snack at breaktime. And I find that if I don't eat a snack..I am so hungry by the time I get my dinner prepared, that I eat too fast...yuck!!! I have tried to drink a good 8-ozs of Water when I feel the need for something to eat, but it doesn't satisfy and I began to feel tired and sluggish before my work day is over. I try to find things that stay with me longer...for instance, for Breakfast I find oatmeal (original...not instant) will keep me satisfied for @ 4 hrs. I make enough to last 2-3 days and take out what I need, add milk (I use HOOD reduced fat milk...which I love), butter and Splenda....and heat in the microwave. I make it thin enough that I can sip it from a coffee mug on my way to work. I too...feel a little tight in the mornings, and something warm helps me with my Vitamin (even though it is chewable), my Biotin, and my prescription meds. After I get clocked in at work and settled at my work station I am able to sip an 8-oz cup of coffee....which I seldom have time to finish.

For lunch....since I only get 30 minutes...I take a rolled up turkey or chicken breast...which I have to chew, chew, chew....an individual cup of applesauce..and a slice of American cheese.

For dinner...I am usually so tired that I fix a quick bite of anything. salad or steamed veggies (and any leftovers) I take for lunch the next day. I drink at least 3 bottles of Water while at work and usually two more at home.

That Indian food sounds good....care to share the recipes? Always love to try new things. Good luck to you all on your journey!

Dreamer

I have an egg pluss a white, scrambled...WITH ketchup. When I first wake up. 730 am. ON the way to work, I get a 20 oz Water and 42 oz iced tea with saccharin. I try to get those both down beteen 930 and 1030. I have a weight watcher smart ones frozen lunch...under 300 cal. My afternoon is great until about 400pm...I want to eat EVERYTHING. I try to satisfy myself with some peanuts or turkey. I make dinner at home for my husband and I eat 6 oz of that. Then around 8 pm I have a fat free sugar free pudding or yogurt.

I think I need a fill.

Typical day for me:

Breakfast: Protein shake ( love Problend 55 with FF milk and some sugar free choc syrup)

Snack: ( not every day but most days) - All natural PB with 4 crackers

Lunch: Grilled chicken or Lean hamburger - small salad with ff dressing

Dinner: Whatever I am making the family just small portioned

Night sugar craving: SF pudding with Protein powder mixed in and Cool whip light

I don't eat any pastas, rice or bread: I don't tolerate them - they constantly get stuck - that unfortunately includes pizza.

I try to work out 4 days a week for 30-45 mins.

I agree it has to be what works for you.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Rita Ann,

My job is a quality assurance inspector for a major corp. I am from one end of the plant to the other all day long. I bend from the waist to inspect product (the guys shoot my hiney with rubber bands..until I threaten them with there job and their lives...lol)...I squat and sometimes I am even on my knees and all you can see is a$$ and elbows. lol I walk more than 10,000 steps a day on a normal work day. It is a physically and emotionally demanding job....

I do take a chewable multiple Vitamin...no other supplements! (with the exception of biotin)...ya' know Rita Ann, I'm thinkin' that stress maybe the culprit or a large contributing factor in my problem. What do you think?

OH yea stress ius a bad thing for your body with all that moving and bending its a work out in its self..

drink alot even if you carry a water bottle and boost up your Vitamins thats what I do when my body is under stress

and SMILE it helps

Rita-Ann

I just got my band put in place on dec. 18 2006, I was getting nervous because my family really loves the german and norwegian foods, and I didn't know what to cook. I am really excited to read all of the different ideas for food. I didn't know what i would do when I was able to eat normal foods again. THANK YOU SOO much for the ideas!

DieselAngel-

You get to eat normal things again but not everything..... And everytime you get adjusted it is like starting all over again.

hello my name is yajaira 27 years i was banded on june 6, 06 just two days before you iam glad that you are doing good. i started at 196 lb and own to 149lb . i think is all the weight that i want to loss iam getting ready to get Tummy Tuck this weekend . hope we can share stories . :)

Mary B. way to go! I'm in The Woodlands also. Have you ever seen a nutritionist? Thanks so much for your sample menu! It gave me a better idea of what others are doing. Keep up the great work!

As soon as I get up, I go get a cup of hot green tea and a Slimfast Lo-Carb chocolate shake. I take them back to my bathroom. I sip the hot tea and take my morning meds. I also take 2 Fiber Choice Tablets, 2 Max Strength Antacids, and 1 Flintstone Vitamen. I then shower. I get out of the shower and start drinking my slimfast. I put on my makeup and blow dry and fix my hair. By now I am done with the slim fast and my lotion has dried. I get dressed and take my empty tea cup back to the kitchen to prepare myself a cup of oatmeal. I use the Weight Control Cinnamon with hot Water, which I thin down. I add a package of sweet-n-low to it. After eating my oatmeal, I grab a bottled Water if I am headed out the door.

At lunch, I usually have a Lean Cuisine Meal, or Single serving tuna with unsweetened applesauce, Light Miracle Whip and some relish., or Non-Fat Cottage cheese with snack size Lite fruit, or Cup of Turkey Chili with a little shredded cheese, or Broccoli Cheese Soup (Like Quizno's or Panera), or 1/2 a Grilled chicken Breast and some Grilled Veggies.

Mid Afternoon I eat my Yoplait Nonfat Yogurt.

I usually swim for 30 minutes around 3 pm. That is my exercise!

dinner - If I cook dinner I eat 1/4 cup of whatever I fix. Example: 1/4 Cup Meatloaf, 1/4 Cup Green Beans, and a 1/4 Cup of Mashed Potatoes. If I don't cook, I eat leftovers or what I usually eat for lunch.< /em>

Around 8:00 pm I usually have Fiber One Cereal, Skim Milk and either strawberries or blueberries. How much I have depends on how much or little I ate during the day. I use Fitday.com to keep track of my calories, Protein and fiber intake. I eat no less then 1000 calories and no more then 1200 calories per day. My Protein intake 60 grams minimum. My fiber intake 25 grams minimum. I don't worry about the carbs because I am not eating bread or Sugar.

Other things I eat sometimes: sugar free Jello with Cool Whip Free, sugar free pudding, Canned Spinach with sauted onions and garlic, sugar-free popsicles, deli prepared chicken salad, grilled fish, broccoli chopped and well cooked, Refried Beans, Guacamoli, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Black Beans, 1/2 Baked Potato, 1/2 or less Baked Sweet Potato, Minestrone Soup...

Eating out -

I ate Chinese last Wendesday. First time since banding. I ate Hot and Sour Soup. I ordered Moo Goo Gai Pan. I ate 4 small pieces of the chicken, all the mushrooms, and 4 peas. It looked like I didn't touch the plate. I took the rest home. The next day I made chicken salad out of the rest of the chicken.

Mexican food I usually order one cheese or beef enchilada, small guacamole and refried beans.

Other restaurants I either order a cup of soup or a potato with everything on the side. I don't eat sour cream, chives, or bacon bits. I do put a small amount of margarine sometimes and some shredded cheese. I don't even try to eat the skin and I only eat one half of the potato.

I don't eat bread, sweets, or anything that is empty calories except a sugar-free Jello, or sugar-free popsicle every once in a while. I drink at least 64 ounces of water a day...never with meals.

Staying away from the fried foods, bread and sweets has helped most. I never have the food cravings that I use to have. I use to never eat Breakfast. No wonder my metabolism was shut down. Now eating small amounts 4 to 5 times a day really has helped!

Dear MaryB,

I find your daily intake of food extremely helpful. Im from the UK (originally from Malaysia) and have been banded 5months ago in Belgium (cheaper than UK), I've lost 21lb and another 35lbs to go. I was fitted with a 7cc (or is it ml??) band and am filled to near max now. Cant eat much but still my weight is at a stand still. Reading your mail, I now know where I went wrong. I compensated the fact that I cant eat by having lost of low fat choc moose. Eventhough its low fat, but the sugar contents must be high. As Im also suffering from an underactive thyroid, I think I have to cut down on my sugar intake. Also, I had an operation on my foot 1/2 year ago, just a few weeks before I had my band op. Since then, I have not done any exercise. So difficult to get motivated to go back to the gym. But seeing your mail that u incorporated 30mins swimming everyday makes me realised I have to do that too. So thanks for your inspiring mail.

Regards

SaggiJ

Regarding cottage cheese.... If you already enjoy cottage cheese (or I imagine if you are borderline about it)...try cutting up onions and green peppers and mixing in. I do that when I first get the tub and then set it in the fridge. After it has sat for a while the onions and peppers permeate the cottage cheese and it is to DIE FOR!

Meal sample:

6a.m. B: 1/4c scrambled Garden Veggie Egg Beaters

1/2 slice toast spritz of I can't believe it's not butter

10a.m. M Snack: Luna Bar (10g Protein + other helpful nutrients for females)

Noon L: tuna (2.9oz cup) FF mayo and some avacado chunks (my potassium was low)

9 (1/2 serving) All bran Herb Crackers

3-4 p.m. Snack: low fat cheese stick OR 1/4c cottage cheese with a few crackers

7p.m. D: 3oz fish, chicken or shrimp

3 asparagus or a small serving of another veggie

8:30.m. (Occasionally an evening snack - if I haven't done both mid day snacks)

Take a hole pineapple and cut it up into small chunks and freeze it solid

then put the chunks in a food processor and blend them up until fluffy.

Then add in 1/3 c Limeade (thawed) -found with the frozen juices

optional add a couple teaspoons of finely shredded Lime zest

1/2c is 50 calories (I found this in my LOW CARB BIBLE cookbook)

It's delicious and reminds me of Ice Cream has a similar texture

Put the rest in the freezer in a covered container and you have your own "ice cream" for a while 1/2 c servings makes this yummy treat last a while.

(I bought some of the DaVinci flavored syrups sugar free from when I was on liquid diet and add a couple squirts of the Coconut flavor into this - YUMMY)

It has zero everything - calories, carbs, fat! Yummy flavor (good for coffees to)

you know...... that is such a good idea. It seems that the more I focus i what I am going to eat, the more I become obsessed, then I become more miserable because I'm thinking of food all of the time and then become more depressed because I start thinking of what I am missing out on......then give up. Bad vicious cycle for me!