Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tagine- The Most Perfect Meal For Gastric Sleevers!

I'm jealous. ;) I ordered one from World Market and the top part came in several pieces. They were at least very very good about refunding my payment quickly. I think that I might just see if I can do anything similar in my crock pot, though I know that it's not same. :)

Malyss, try ordering it again. It must have been a fluke. I like my tagine better than the crock pot because you don't have to leave it so long. I think it would be worth a try. As far as seasoning, the ones from World Market are glazed except for the ridge around the bottom of the lid, so they don't have to be seasoned...only ones that are not glazed need seasoning...Kathe

Is the tangine the same thing as a clay pot? I have a clay pot and wonder if it would work as well....I know I have to soak the clay pot for about 15 minutes before using it. but it sounds like it would do the same thing as the tangine.

I am thinking it will be similar, not having had the opportunity to side by side comparison.

Back in the 70's my Granny had a clay pot- it was used for decoration...

tomorrow I do a whole chicken - :) will use plenty of garlic

I will try using my clay pot this week using one of the pot roast ideas and let you know how it turns out.

Ok Chef... You really got something started here :-) I'm going to have to order me one too!

There's 4 people in my house, is it enough to feed 1 sleever and 3 regular appetites??

Hi, I haven't been here in awhile, but I had to stop in and say that I purchased my Tagine last weekend. I caught it on sale at the store. So happy to have it and can't wait to start creating.

Another great stew... I used red wine :wub:

my tip of the week- :)

if it is a bit juicy- at one hour 30 minutes make a slurry and stir in- let it cook the final 30 minutes.

< slurry- a mixture of flour and water- you only need an ounce or so for a tagine.)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches