Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Whats Your 6 Months Status ?

I went from 256 to 201 as of today :) I went from size 26 to 14/16.....I can eat anything with no issues just small amounts like 3/4 a happy meal burger....walk my dogs every night ....I too struggle with wanting to eat more when im stuffed, but restriction is AWESOME.

Exoticheart, can you elaborate on what your "new normal" looks like? How is your life nowadays? What amounts of food can you eat, what doesn't sit well, clothing...etc Your new life in general. That will help us newbies a lot! smile.png Looking forward to this thread!

Day of I was at 218, now at 156. I get a good card work out 4-5 times a week and enjoy it (weird!), plus yoga for strength twice a week. Only about 4 pounds from my surgeon's goal, but I'd like to drop another 15 from there. Restriction is very good, but I struggle sometimes with wanting to eat more even when I'm full, which is something I'm working on. Staying low carb has helped me beat cravings for sweets 90% of the time. I average 800 calories a day, more when I get in a good card workout.

Looking forward to hearing from more June sleevers!

218 day of on June 23rd...159 now. Low Carb helps me control sugar cravings, too. I can fit in 3/4 cup of food but only 1/2 cup if it's only meat. I need more exercise. Doctor wants me to lose to 150 but I'd like to be around 132....to be out of the obese category. That said, 150 would be fine.

started at 296. as of today im 189 :-D just recently started exercising. i went from a 28w pants, and im currently in a 12/14 juniors pants (depending on brand), shirts i started at a xxlmens.. now my shirts all range from small-large in ladies lol. i pretty much eat what i want at this point, there are some foods that arent my friend though, like ground beef and lettuce. yay!

hi everyone! im 6.5 months out, sleeved on June23rd 2011> been in a stall for the past 3 months. ANyone else the wall???

My rate of loss has definitely slowed, but I'm getting pretty close to goal, so I'm not surprised. I was sleeved 6/29, I've lost 66.5 pounds, 4 pounds so far this month.

Juzmejnee, do you count carbs? (Sorry if you've answered this elsewhere...)

no worries! i do count carbs and usually its under 40. but since last week, ive eaten only Protein (except for the carbs in my green veggies...) i did lose 3 lbs but gained 2 since last night. I know i didn't eat 2 lbs worth!! ive just been losing the same lbs over and over!! :(

Ugh, I'm sorry - that must be so frustrating! I've been up and down quite a bit more than usual in the past month, but generally trending down.

Is it possible you're not getting enough calories? I was aiming for 800 (plus I allow myself about half what I burn on workout days), but I'm trying to up it a bit to 900-1000. I do think the regular exercise helps keep my metabolism chugging along, but it may be that I'm just fortunate.

I hope your stall breaks soon!!

On 12/22/11 I weighed 195. Today, 1/17/2012, I weighed 187. I have stalls and then I drop some weight. I'm losing more slowly than I did when I was heavier. I can eat most foods. I can eat about 3 ounces of solid food at a meal. I feel like I can eat Soup and sashimi the easiest and the most volume. I am trying to eat more veggies and fruit. I don't eat starchy carbs because they fill me up and reduce the amount of Protein I take in at a meal. I'm not carb adverse I just choose to eat protein first, then veggies. I was never a big bread eater. Pre-surgery I did eat Pasta pretty often. I don't miss it. I am having more urges to eat some of the crap I used to eat. I'm a believer in harm reduction. If I want a salty snack I may eat some nuts, pretzels or 100 calorie bags of microwave popcorn. If I crave sweet I will have a small portion of sorbet or a cinnamon cookie. I have gastric reflux which I didn't have prior to surgery but it is getting better. My doctor says I may "grow out of it" as time passes. Most of my negative side effects (nausea, stomach aches) have improved or disappeared. Best thing is my joints don't hurt anymore. I move easily and quickly. I don't huff & puff when I walk. I've gone from a 26/28 (often a 30/32 in tops because of my arms) to a 14/16.

hi everyone! im 6.5 months out, sleeved on June23rd 2011> been in a stall for the past 3 months. ANyone else the wall???

Hey - I was sleeved on the same day as you and also want to lose 101 pounds. (not sure what my ticker says, I haven't updated it in forever.) You may want to go back to shakes for a day or two and then start out trying not to each more than 3/4 cup of food at a meal for 3 meals. Good luck!

I think my body stalls for a few weeks and then all of a sudden I see a small drop. I'm only averaging 2-2.5 lbs a month at this point.

I was sleeved on June 24th, my highest weight was 245 I was 239 on the day of surgery and today I weigh 167. I was in a tight 20 and now I'm in a 10. My weight loss has slowed in the last month or so to about 1 lb a week but I'm good with that. I eat about 1000 calories a day and don't exercise much. If I never lose another lb I won't complain, it is so worth it to look and feel this much better.

Hi all! I was Sleeved on 6/6/11. SW was 264 and CW is 180. I should be happy but I am still having body issues. I still see that 264# girl looking back from the mirror. I wear a sz 9/11 in juniors but still an XL shirt - UGH. My arms are flabby at the top - no amount of lifting has taken them back to a toned, nice look - although they are MUCH smaller than before. My bottom is flat - no shape at all - and hangs lower. I have started doing more hind leg lifts and stairmaster moves to help put the Buns back in the oven. Hehehe! B00bs are another story.. my once glorious D's are now full C's.. full? Oh no.. not full as in a hand full, but as in a sack of skin full. Gross, I know. But totally true. I was so against a b00b job, but now I really have no choice unless I can go the rest of my life throwing them over my shoulders like a backpack. Sigh. On the flip side, I can fit tons of crap in my bra now - so no need for a purse. Hmm.

What do I eat? Oh girl.. I eat it all and then some. There is nothing that I cannot eat. However, I try not to eat Pasta (maybe a bite), no bread (ok a bite at best), and a few other things. Yes I drink soda, but only when I am having a mixed drink (rum and diet coke). No beer - I haven't even tried it and I don't want to. meats go down ok, but too much and I feel aweful. I can eat (bad) carbs like crazy ... crackers - OMG, I can literally eat a half box of flatbread crackers. Cookies are the same. I have to smack my own hand to stop. Prime example of why you need to change your eating habits early on.

Stall? My middle name. Probably the cracker habit. My normal day looks like:

B- Protein shake

S1- nuts (pistachios or almonds)

L- Soup, Jerky, Protein Shake or other

S2- more nuts or Jerky (whatever I can find at my desk) Some times, insert sad face, the vending machine junk finds its way to my mouth. Sigh

D- lean meat (chicken usually) and veg

I usually drive into some crackers before bed.

Exercise - I have an under the desk cycle (yes, I use it at work all the time). I have hand weights at my work desk as well as beside my couch. I have done Zumba, cardio and walking. I have no routine in place. I try to lift every single day. And I need to work on my cardio again. I am slacking. I know. Insert stall nod here.

Overall - I am happy with the results. I eat pretty normally. I don't order when we go out, so I am a cheap date. I can eat a few bites off someone else and be happy. Or if I must order, I order a side only (like green beans). I am tired a lot and always cold.. but I also have thyroid disease (could be the weight loss or the thyroid). I love that I can shop in the teen section of ANY store! I love that knee high boots zip up easily and are usually too big on me. I do wish I could break these month long stalls easier, but I think adjusting my eating and exercise would cure that - of course, that takes motivation and action. LOL