Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

/#rant/ I'm So Upset And Getting Impatient!

Okay, so as some of you know, last week I posted that my coordinator had sent in the paper on Friday... last Friday... the 9th and today I called the insurance and they just told me they haven't recieved anything yet!!! WTH!!! So i call my doctor's office and the coordinator says that they have been extremely busy and hasn't faxed over my packet yet!! I was so annoyed!!

I know they are busy sometimes, but i hate it when people give me false hopes :(

she said she was going to try and send it as soon as she got off the phone with me and then call me back. fyi: she hasn't yet... I want to cry!!! i wanted to start buggin the insurance already!!! lol *deep breath*

sorry, i just had to vent for a bit...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. This was the most stressful time for me. I was barely able to get a hold of my surgical coordinator. The from office staff seems to be under general orders not to let people speak to them.

I felt bad calling her because not only do they have to collect all your paperwork and deal with quirky insurance companies, they also have to schedule surgeries with an anesthesiologist and sometimes an assisting surgeon in a hospital with multiple other surgeries going on.

I think that sometimes things fall through the crack. Keep on it and in the meantime busy yourself with getting all those Vitamins, Protein powders and things you will need pre-op, for surgery and after. It will keep you busy and focused.

I know i have to distract myself with something and I will, but sometimes... well most of the time, this is all I can think about !! LOL!! The sad part is that 8 out 10 people in my doctor's office has had the surgery and they know how I feel, but they aren't helping me out!!! I just wanna them to send the damn paperwork!!!

But i'm already starting to research what I need prior and after surgery (food wise). What have you bought? what protien shakes do you recommend?

The surgeon has very specific guidelines. I bought 2 flavors of Vitamin D soft chews at Walmart (chocolate and caramel). I have seen some soft chews in flavors of raspberry, lemon and orange cream. Hey, If you have to take these for life, you may as well enjoy. 2x daily.

I also bought a children's chewable multi with 15mg of Iron. A sleever with a lot of experience said get Cetrum chewables and stay away from the Flintstones.

sublingual B-12

Max Protein in vanilla and chocolate from SEI Pharmaceuticals. This brand was recommended to me. I just gort them last night. I smelled them and they do smell good. Not only can you use the powder for shakes, you can also bake with it.

Isopure unflavored whey isolate Protein Powder - unflavored to mix in Soups, chili and puddings. Careful. Unflavored doesn't mean no flavor.

sugar free Torani syrups, Crystal lite packs, SF Jello and SF Jello pudding and frozen fruit to flavor the Protein Shakes. Unlike many I plan to continue with Protein Shakes (one a day) even after I get on real food.

Broths, SF popsicles and Crystal Lite for pre-op and post-op clear liquid diet.

Foods for mushy stage like refried Beans, cream Soups, bean soups, etc.

Compiled lists for my notebook: Nutritionists directions (70 gram of Protein a day, etc.), what to bring to the hospital, lists of what to buy at each phase, sleeve friendly recipes and Protein shake recipes, etc.

Moved all my weights, mats, exercise videos (Tae Bo is fun) into the living/family room).

A scale, a 1.5 cup mini food processor for pureeing, a blender and assorted tupperware, shaker bottles and a bento lunch box for good Portion Control. For recovery: A heating pad, chapstick and small stomach pillow and Gas-X.

I have been doing research for months. There are a lot of good blogs out there. I suggest Theworldaccordingtoeggface.com. She had gastric bypass, but her tips and recipes fit well for sleeve lifestyle.

I am using the wisdom of those who have gone before me.

You really should get samples of the protein powders before you buy in bulk. One person's taste is not like another's.

My one major complaint is that the dang Protein powders are SO EXPENSIVE! Buy online and use promotional codes.

They'd not sent mine because of a miscommunication about a test the Dr. generally wants done on all sleeve and lapband patients. They'd never told me anything about this test even though I always expressed most interest in the sleeve so the Dr. waived it in the end, but he was out of town so it slowed things down at least 5 days. Once she got the OK to submit to my insurance it seemed to go pretty fast. I think I found out on Tuesday that they were sending it in and I made myself wait until the next week to call. I found out by calling the insurance directly that I was approved and was the one to notify my coordinator! It took a week from them saying they were sending it in until I found out.

In my case the insurance coordinator sent everything off and I waited 2 weeks with no answer, Call the insurance company. They said they didn't get it. Called the surgical coordinator. She said she's send it again. Waited another 2 weeks to find out that they got it the first time after all and approved it before they sent the second package.

Whatever. It's done.

Catracks,

W.O.W.!!! that's a lot of stuff!! i mean ALOT!!! But oh well!!! We gotta do what we gotta do.

And about your paper situation, that really sucks!! That's 2 weeks gone to waste! I can't imagine how mad you were!

Hadouni,

I really hope that the approval process goes by quick for me, too! I've never been so impatient in my life!! I think i'm done with all my pcp tests so all I need are my surgeon's test, but that won't happen til after i'm approved (God willing).

@Mel - I think for the majority of people it all works out. I guess I was a little upset, but actually it works out. I can enjoy Christmas and start my pre-op diet on the 28th. It seems right to make the big change with the new year.

Yes, that is a lot of stuff. I've been working on it since my first surgical consult back in September.

Hi Mel34,

When I went through exactly what you are going through..I finally had to tell myself,,she is getting everything in order. She's crossing every T and dotting every i before it gets sent. You want it this way,,you do not want to go through denial and appeals process,,that will just hold things up longer. Whether that's the case,,tell yourself that and like the others say, keep yourself occupied. Browse online shops to see what styles you'll wanna wear, vacations you'd like to take once you get weight off. Make yourself a bucket list of things you'll want to achieve. Pamper yourself with a new hairstyle. You have to keep your eye on the prize.

I'm on my pre op diet and Chike strawberry Meal Replacement and Syntha 6 chocolate Protein is very tasty..no after taste..I was impressed. I also got the unjury chicken powder broth, it's very bland so I add a 1/2 chicken bouillon cube to it,,it's perfectly good. The lady at GNC recommended a multi Vitamin powder in chocolate. It can be added to my shakes, pudding or drank alone. I got a good measuring tape, Iron, vit d, vit c, vit k, Biotin, b Vitamins,,etc. I thought,,that's alot of stuff too.lol It's crazy..almost made me question everything. I spent a fortune. You can check out www.unjury.com, www.mybariatricpantry.com , www.netrition.com ..hope this helps. Keep us posted. Good luck on your journey!

Peacequeen,

You are right!! I would rather have everything right the first time. And I'm already starting to look into what i'm going to wear and where i'm going to go and who i'm going to see!!! lol

And thanks for the list!!! I'm going to check those sites out today! :)

I know it's a fortune... all the stuff we have to spend on, but it's worth it in the end, right?

I agree with the comments above,try to keep your self busy,this process is not easy. Keep calm :) I hope they call you soon. Best of luck to you. And wohoo you are in Brownsville :) Not too far from san Antonio I guess ^_^

The same thing happened to me. It had to be faxed three times before they found it attached to another person's file. Then today I called twice to the office to schedule and nobody called back. Frustrated. But so thrilled to be approved. You have to stay on top of things more than I'm used to and nobody seems to feel the urgency I do, lol.