Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my second week and i have not lost a pound how can i be doing something wrong this early?

i am starting my second week and i get to have full liquids finally but i am scared because i have not lost one pound. I feel like i am doing something wrong right off that bat.... any help?

Hang in there Megan! Lots of us even GAIN in the begining. A lot of that is Fluid retention, from the IV from the surgery, your body trying to heal. It is totally normal. I didn't really start loosing till almost 2 weeks out. But I know that I was losing, just the body adjusting. Just focus on your nutrition and fluid intake as per your surgeon's instructions. Also, keep moving. Walk and sip your Water. I would suggest to not even look at the scale for now. Believe me, you WILL drop weight!!!! I'm 5 months out and sometimes I still go into disbelief that I will be the only person it does not work for LOL But it does! You will see that others will tell you they "appear" not to loose right away or even gain after surgery. It's part of the healing process. Hang tight, focus on the instructions, and welcome to the loosers bench!!!!! :-)

thanks that makes me feel better i am only able to get liquids and some apple sauce but the sugery department called me and they told me that its normal that made me feel better!

Hey Megan! What you're going through is normal. I had surgery on June 23, 2011, and I lost 10 lbs the first week....THEN stalled for the next 4 weeks. I thought my surgery was a failure. Not so though! It just takes time. I'm now 19 weeks post op and have lost 77 lbs. You will be fine! I know it's frustrating but the stalls, unfortunately happen. I wrote on my blog about being a slow loser and was that what was really happening. Sometimes it feels slow....like right now for me....but in reality, you're right on track when you think you're at one of your worst points. If you want to read it, here it is: http://sliceofhealthyplease.blogspot.com/2011/08/excess-weight-and-goals-and-am-i-really.html

:wink1:

I can only offer my own experience on this: I am three months and one week out. I very early in my research for WLS became acquainted with the daily (or more!) compulsive weighing and measuring that the obese become addicted to. Haven't we all seen the poor souls that measure every part of their body and then publish these infinitesimal changes like they actually mean something? It is as if the weighing itself is a necessary part of the process, and no weight loss will occur without it. Well, it isn't, and nothing could be farther from the truth.The accounting for every change in our body's weight and size is obsessive, narcissistic and unhealthy. It is part of the sickness of obesity. We have begun a process, with surgery and diet, that almost ensures that we will pare ourselves down to our proper weight levels if we follow, even imperfectly, the regimen we have been given. I was determined to NOT weigh myself for one whole month after my surgery, and I didn't. I just looked in the mirror - was the face and body that I saw what I wanted to see... no, so more dedication to the process, NOT more weighing. I still only weigh myself once a week at the most. I am down a little over sixty pounds. I encourage you to concentrate on the program; you know what it is and what you have to do. You KNOW that it works, 100% per cent of the time from the research that you have done. I encourage you to STOP compulsive weighing, it just uses up your emotional energy and doesn't help your program one iota. Good luck.

Not to worry. It will come off. I too stalled right out of surgery! I didn't lose a pound the first week and a half! But now it seems I am losing a pound a day! I know that won't continue, but it is fun to finally seeing that it is happening!

Contrary to the post above me, it is NOT narcissistic, or obsessive to weigh ones self after a baratric surgery! it is PERFECTLY NORMAL!!

Good luck to you!

Not to worry. It will come off. I too stalled right out of surgery! I didn't lose a pound the first week and a half! But now it seems I am losing a pound a day! I know that won't continue, but it is fun to finally seeing that it is happening!

Contrary to the post above me, it is NOT narcissistic, or obsessive to weigh ones self after a baratric surgery! it is PERFECTLY NORMAL!!

An accurate reading is 'compulsive weighing'. Is misrepresenting what you disagree with 'normal' for you too?