Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm sure I'm not the only sleever who's ever done this, but I'm going to come clean and fess up to what I did tonight....

So I had some chicken thighs in the refrigerator seasoned with rosemary, fresh minced garlic, onions, Badia complete seasoning, a dash of cayenne, a smidge of paprika, and a lil EVOO sittin in a ziploc bag since Monday night. I decided to bake it tonight with some biscuits and bacon wrapped asparagus for my family, while I would dine on some chicken broth made from one of the thighs. I ended up dropping some frozen okra in my broth to end it off and pureed it to enjoy for dinner. Delish!

So I fed everyone, and then proceeded to the kitchen to tidy up. The dishes didnt take long because I use paper plates alot, especially since I dont have a dishwasher and there are 7 of us in my home. So I get to the stove and its' time to put the leftovers away. When I'm done, I notice there's some hunks of ckn stuck to the bottom of the pyrex dish...you know, along with all the other delicious bits that are left that you could use to turn in to gravy? Yeah, the good stuff! So I'm in a dilemma at that moment...the carnivore in me is DYING to devour those scant pieces of well seasoned, crispy bits of ckn, while the sleeved part of me is saying, Ha! you aint ready to eat that yet! (I'm still in the pureed stage)....angel on one shoulder, devil on the other coaxin me to put the ckn in my mouth....and I did! I chewed and savored and chewed and savored that delicious ckn scrap like it was filet mignon...then I got to the point where it was either spit, or swallow...and after weighin out the chances that I might really regret it, I spit that sucker out (besides, I had gotten all the good flavor from it anyway!). Craving satisfied. No harm done! So the greedy devil in me decided to scrape the rest of those goody bits in the pyrex dish and continue my chew/dont swallow/spit game. I feel kinda bad about it, but at the same time, I was really happy to taste the chicken and remember how much I enjoy eating real food.< /span>

Anybody else able to relate? I KNOW someone else out there has played the chew/dont swallow/spit game!

Yep, I did it a few times during the pureed phase! :)

I was feelin a little guilty a while ago, but now I dont! Thanks Indymom!

i do it too. i do it with the stuff i wanna taste but dont want the calories or carbs from. i just wouldnt recomend doing it at a resturant :D

This is going to sound really bad...With Halloween just passed, my two sons came home with HUGE bags of candy! I know I shouldn't eat that junk. But---I love me some twix so I took a bite, chewed it and spit it out! LOL! All I wanted was a taste, and I was good to go!

LOL I did it the first month..

my whole family was grossing out when I did it with a warm crescent roll. But it works, and will continue to do it as necessary!!!!

I do that when I tend to eat a little to fast and then my sleeve says HELL NO, and I can't help but want to finish the bite but I know I would throw up. Spitting saves me a trip to the porcelain goddess.

I've done it. In fact, I did it Friday after helping my daughter make some pastry for her French class project. Just took one little bite of our creation, chewed, and then spit it right into a paper towel. Got to do "quality control" and no harm done!

I totally did it. I wanted the sensation of chewing more than anything. I was so sick of liquids. I don't know if this is true for anyone else but during the liquid month I had to brush my teeth all the time ( like 4x or 5x daily). My teeth always felt grimy and slimy. It grossed me out so bad.

I am guilty of this as well. I chewedup some Ribeye steak at about 2 weeks out and sucked all the juices out of it. Then I spit it out feeling both satisfied and ashamed of what i had done. Now, looking back, I don't feel so bad because I was not out of control. I wanted the taste of something that I could not have and I did just that; I got the taste and didn't have the steak.

Thanks for posting this. I feel so much better now.

Wow this is tooooooo funny. I'm still on the liquid stages and my little girl is home from school and she begged me to cook her an egg and cheese omlet (my husband was taking care of these things but he went back to work yesterday) I could no longer take it so I put a piece in my mouth, chewed it and spit it out. No harm done. back to liquids lol :blush5:

this thread made me laugh. i felt like the only one doing this too. my grandma was making Cookies and i just wanted to taste them so i chewed and spit. and i've done it with french fries and fish sticks. weird i know but when you smell something sometimes you just want it. maybe its not a step in the right direction as far as changing my lifestyle, but i could have swallowed and chose not to so i take that as a positive thing. I hope it gets easier as time goes on.

Yes, I did it once on purpose with a bit of crispy chicken skin (just like you, Sleevie), but I also did it once with a piece of ground beef that just wouldn't chew down enough to feel safe to swallow.

I went to the movies with my hubby a couple of weeks after surgery. I did that with a bite of popcorn. Then the craving was gone and I was good. Otherwise, I followed the post op diet pretty perfectly, so I don't feel too bad.