Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I losing weight too slowly?

It has been 4 months and I've lost 81 lbs. Does this seem too slow in comparison to others? I've seen others with much higher numbers than me and beginning to wonder what is wrong with me!

I have only lost half that in three months. I think you are doing exceptional.

I think you are ahead of most at 4 months! I am envious

You're coming along fantastically! I am one month out and have only lost 20 lbs. But honestly, I have not been doing my part in the gym. So here goes! I am back in the gym today to try to reap the most of this invaluable tool that I have been blessed enough to receive!

I average about 10 pounds a month so you have doubled that. You are doing awesome! Keep going.

: )

For me Sunday will be 2 months and I am stuck at 38 pounds so I think you are doing great. We definitely can't compare ourselves to one another because everyone's body is so different I stalled a few weeks ago and then when TOM came I immediately lost 5 pounds. Now, it is happening again, so maybe the same thing will happen in 2 weeks.

I have noticed that I am not walking as much or getting in as much Protein since I went back to work. Last night, I started walking again and drinking a Protein Drink to ensure I am hitting my 60 grams. I quit the Protein drinks once I could eat but don't think I am getting enough in through eating alone. I bought the plain Isopure powder and added it to my cran-apple juice (diluted) and it was fabulous. I am going to start doing this each night as the Isopure has 29 grams of Protein per scoop. Hopefully this will help re-start my weight loss. And save my hair. It is already thinning some and I just trimmed it last night because the ends were so damaged looking.

All in all no complaints though. I have lost lots of inches and I am in a size 16/18 down from a size 22 so I am very happy.

Um, WOW, is all I can say! Oh and while it is next to impossible NOT to do, please do not compare yourself to others. This is your journey and yours alone.

Everyone starts at different weights, heights, body shapes, etc. so what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for someone else. I have learned this along the way. I'm 12 months post-op and have basically lost the same amount as you. I realize we may have different BMI's, etc. so that is why it's impossible to compare. Keep doing the plan your surgeon gave you and keep putting one foot in front of the other, and eventually you will make your goal!

Everyone is different, but try hard not to compare your weightloss with others. It's discouraging. Keep in mind that you weigh less than you did before and you are never going to get the weight back. You are on the path to your goal and although it may have a few bumps along the way, your going to reach your goal.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Wow! I'm 4 months and have lost 54lbs! So I'm way slower than you! U are doing very well! Just be thankful! I'm stuck @ a stall right now and its taking its sweet time! Keep it up! U are way ahead of me!

It depends on the person and you are ahead of the game! My girlfriend is two months post and has lost 30lbs.... Unfortunately gaining the weight didnt happen overnight and losing it definitely wont happen over night. Pace yourself because you need to remain healthy while losing.

I think its important to remember its not a good idea to compare yourself to others. Why make yourself feel inferior when in reality you are ahead of the curve? Take pride in your journey! Don't turn it into a ride of self deprecation. Haven't we all done enough of that over the years?

Congratulate yourself sometimes.

So...I have changed my tune! Just went to my surgeon for my second check-up and he was THRILLED with my progress, which averages about 10 pounds per month. According to him, I am progressing just as quickly as his gastric bypass patients. So, he has given me some leeway. He has asked me to only lose 20 pounds over the next 3 months, by March 29th. With that, whoever is reading this who felt like me, that they were such a sluggish loser...think again! We are doing GREAT!!!

Ducker

Hmmm...