Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 MONTH SURGIVERSARY

Hi Everyone!

My 6 month surgiversary was on October 27th! I wanted to really think about what I was going to write up because you all have been such a wealth of knowledge and inspiration and support that I don’t know how I could have gotten where I am today without each and every one of you. I feel like I know all of you personally LOL. My hubby actually said "You act like these people are your close personal friends." one day when I was talking about somebody’s struggle and how I felt for her. Truth be told, this is such a personal journey that without all of you it would be so hard to do, I feel like I'm not alone and that is an awesome feeling.

I am 15lbs away from my weight goal. HOLY COW! It is almost surreal to me to be this close. I don't think I have weighed 155 since I was about 11 or 12, maybe younger. I still get caught up in the whole why am I losing so slowly etc etc. In the beginning I would compare my weight loss with everyone else’s. Not a healthy thing to do, but we all do it, even though we know that everyone’s body loses differently. I will get there when I get there, but be sure I will get there.

My body seems to like hanging out in ranges for about 2-3 months at a time. I was in the 180-189 for almost 3 months up and down, up and down, then one day bam, 179. Now I am in between 170-176 for the last 2 months. I've only hit the 170 mark 2x but hey I hit it! I haven't hit 177-179 for a month so that seems to be gone forever now J. I think somewhere within the next 2 weeks or so I'll hit 169. It’s how my body likes to lose so hell I'll do it how it likes it. Do I have a choice? hahaha, um nope.

Here is my journey in NSV’s stats to date:

Co-Morbidities: T2 Diabetes in remission A1C from 11.5 to 5.5 at last blood work. Blood Pressure from 180/90-100 to normal with one pill a day now. Tryglicerides from the 1000's to 450 without medication now only taking 2 pills a day for this. Cholesterol 236 from around 400.

Pills: from 20 a day to 3 a day

Energy level: from 0 to 10 LOL Last Summer I could barely walk to the store, less than 1/2 a mile away without getting winded and feeling like I was going to collapse. Today I can walk several miles, 7 being my top so far, without missing a beat. I can do an hour of hard core kickboxing and power lifting classes and think “That’s all?” at the end of the class J.

Clothes: Dress pants from a tight size 18 (probably should have bought the 20's but I just couldn't do it) to 8-10. Jeans from size 18 to size 6, 11 juniors. Dress shirts 2XL to L. Casual shirts 1XL/2XL to L. Dresses from 20 to 10. Winter Coat: 18 to 8 (just bought it today!!!). Shoes from tight 10 -10 ½ (rare finds on that) to a comfy size 10 and some 9 ½’s.

So thank you all for everything you have given me. Yes, I have the support of my family and most of my friends, but they don’t “know” what I am going through and don’t understand like you guys do. This would have been a lot tougher without all of your support and friendships.

post-9505-13813657808213_thumb.png

post-9505-13813657808671_thumb.png

post-9505-13813657809184_thumb.png

Raine,

You look great! What a difference in just six months! And just 16 lbs. to go to goal is a great victory in six months. It always amazes me how unique everyone's journey is. Congrats on hanging in there and losing the pills and health problems.

Lynda

YOU GO GIRL! I LOOOOOOOVE the way you did your pics! I am so happy for you and your journey thus far! The best is yet to come :)

Congrats on being SO close to goal, only 6 months out! WOW! You look fantastic, and it's wonderful about the diabetes being in remission!!! That is an awesome NSV!

You look terrific and all those healthy side affects to boot! Great for you. You are very encouraging to me! :Banane55:

Thanks for this post, very inspirational.

I have been inspired by so many on here, I am so happy to pay it forward. What ever I can do to help anyone in their journey, I will try to do. It is so hard both emotionally and physically. Ha! Easy way out my booty!