Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Days Post Op - Depression Setting In

Today is day 5 after my surgery. I am feeling overwhelmingly depressed. It is so difficult to get all the liquids and Proteins in. I have so many meds I have to crush and they just taste nasty as do the Protein Shakes that I have used so far. Thankfully I am not craving foods as I thought I would, just feeling regret because I have seen absolutely no physical changes as of yet. My fibromyalgia has flared up so I am in aching pain in legs and arms, along with surgical pain. I feel as thought the doctor did not inform me of how much pain I would be in and how difficult a change this would be. I do not do well with change. I suppose I am just not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

LISTEN TO ME! I am 3 weeks out and just now slowly feeling better! I cried every night for the first 2 weeks thinking maybe a made a mistake and now its too late! I was so depressed I thought I needed to go on meds! I also hate change! You sound EXACTLY like I did. The ONLY thing that helped me was support from a few fam members and reading this board. I wish I couldve just slept the first month away! I promise you the first month is the hardest, and each day it gets a little better. Read read read! You are not alone. Stay strong!

I so agree with what theshwa said. I didn't cry every night, but I did have a breakdown when I got home from the hospital. I was really angry that I decided to do this and got even more angry when I realized that there was no turning back. You are doing the right thing - looking for help and support through this rough time. As cliche as it sounds, it WILL get better and THERE IS light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry that you're experiencing pain - your doctor's office should be willing to prescribe some liquid medication that will be easier for you to ingest. Hang in there, Please!

almost 3 months out now, and feeling way better. its a case of buyers remorse and alot of us go through it. you will get better and you will have to take less meds as time goes on. try mixing your meds in thin applesause so to disguise the taste...and spread it out through the day.

try to keep in a good space although i know it is hard :)

Note: I don't want to hear anyone say to go see a therapist. I already have that taken care of. This is all surgery related.

I'm at one month and feeling severely depresses right Now. It was slow coming n now it's full force. Can't sleep at night n sleep all day with too many thoughts in my head. Can't wait particularly to look n feel good n not feel so lonely . I want a life. I want the weight to get off me so badly n to feel good. I deserve to laugh and smile. Not cry...

Note: I don't want to hear anyone say to go see a therapist. I already have that taken care of. This is all surgery related.

I'm at one month and feeling severely depresses right Now. It was slow coming n now it's full force. Can't sleep at night n sleep all day with too many thoughts in my head. Can't wait particularly to look n feel good n not feel so lonely . I want a life. I want the weight to get off me so badly n to feel good. I deserve to laugh and smile. Not cry...

Get In My Belly

Were you like this before the surgery? Did you have a tendency to feel like this in the past if you were feeling ill for awhile?

May I ask what you mean by "it's all surgery related"?

Huggs to you! I will keep you in my prayers.

Having a lot of frustration with no weightloss n pain n hard time learning how to eat n just struggling in general with adaptation to the sleeve n lack of success n just some regret. I just want results. No I wasn't like this b4. I appreciate your care n support. Thank u. As I'm reading on here more I guess everyone goes through this but I'm already one month out :0(