Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non - Scale Goals:

OK, tell us about your non - scale goals. I have several, but a funny one of mine is: I have a pair of pants I have had since I think I was a Jr. in high School. I was wearing 38s at the time, so I bought a size 36 and was going to try to loose down to them. Needless to say I never did and was wearing 54s at the time of my banding. I don't know why I still have them, but I found them when I brought down smaller cloths from the attic a couple of weekends ago. They are so dated ( mid 1980s). They are acid washed denim with pleats and tapered to the point that its hard to get my feet through the bottom leg holes. As out of style as they are, when ( not if) I get down to a 36, I am going to wear them so proudly even as outdated as they are!.

Good for you! I think that will be great and it'll make you feel great!!! I think my biggest goal is to be able to go swimming and not have to wear shorts or a t-shirt over my bathing suit. Hopefully soon, huh?

Hey, just thought I'd let you know that one of the NSV's I had (non-scale victories) was to sit in an airline seat AND be able to buckle the seat belt! I've done that twice now. Most of the NSV's I have now are things I never even dreamed of...hiking, climbing lots of stairs, and stuff like that. I can't even tell you what a difference the lapband has made in just a year!

Can't wait to hear all about your NSV's!

Oh, I'm laughing so hard at the visuals. I remember acid wash and I remember jeans with pleats too. Break out the Human League records and enjoy them!

I still have the shorts that I meet my DH in. They are black "Daisy dukes" with fringes around the legs. My GOAL is to get back into thoses shorts. My dh loved them and he told me years later when he saw them on me (I was not there for him, I happened to be dating his roommate) all he could think was "he wanted my legs wrapped around him". May TMI but it makes me smile! Good luck YOU will get into those outdated jeans....

Oh by the way I am 6'2 so I have tons of legs!!!!

Non-scale goals:

- fit into ANY chair ANYWHERE comfortably

- shop in normal size stores

- wear a bathing suit with NO skirt

- make love in ANY position

- travel!

- walk into a gym with confidence

- get to a weight where it will be the optimal time to have my knee replacement surgery and recover like any other person of "normal" size (This is my ultimate goal... no more pain).

This was not a goal I had thought about, but definitely a cool moment. I was able to get on the ladder (weight limit of 275) and climb on the roof to make some repairs to the chimney. It was a good feeling to be useful again! :rockon:

Like Elizabeth sew said

- fit into ANY chair ANYWHERE comfortably (including a bus or subway)

- shop in normal size stores

- won't need a seatbelt extension anymore

- wanna jog

I wish the years of hurt from other peoples comments or stares could go away.

OK, tell us about your non - scale goals. I have several, but a funny one of mine is: I have a pair of pants I have had since I think I was a Jr. in high School. I was wearing 38s at the time, so I bought a size 36 and was going to try to loose down to them. Needless to say I never did and was wearing 54s at the time of my banding. I don't know why I still have them, but I found them when I brought down smaller cloths from the attic a couple of weekends ago. They are so dated ( mid 1980s). They are acid washed denim with pleats and tapered to the point that its hard to get my feet through the bottom leg holes. As out of style as they are, when ( not if) I get down to a 36, I am going to wear them so proudly even as outdated as they are!.

I'm so old that jeans I wore in high school would be back in style now...hip-huggin' bell bottoms!

To be able to go into any clothing store and buy clothes. Particularly to buy the cheongsung chinese dresses in china town I love so much.

To be able to go back to kickboxing, and hopefully teach kickboxing again.

To be able to feel strong and light, balanced, flexible and tall again, and not have so many aches and pains, fatigue and awkwardness.

To be able to do the exercises on my pilates DVD's that right now my belly physically gets in the way of me doing.

To not wonder when I'm in the checkout line of the grocery store, or eating out, whether people are judging me or what I am eating.

To shave my head. I know, sounds weird. I love having a buzzed head, but I feel it looks weird on me when I'm overweight, I need my hair to balance out my body, other wise my head looks too small to me. When I hit 200lbs my reward is I'm shaving it all off again (the people in the Hair loss thread would smack me I'm sure).

To be healthy, to have my blood pressure go back to normal so I don't have to take medication for it anymore (around 215lbs is the magical number, over that I have high blood pressure, under it, I don't). To have my cholesterol normalize.

To be able to take smaller doses of my anti-depressants because dosage is partly influenced by body weight.

To be able to put on one of my hubby's sweaters in the winter time when he's not home, and have that feeling of being blanketed by it.

A muffin top is when the fat on your hips hang over your jeans because the new styles sit so dang low on your hips!

not just the hips. even the fat in your stomach rolls over the top. That is prolly moe for those of us that are near 300 but i look forward to getting rid of the muffin top as well.

I can't wait to wear a bikini in public and have people look at me to admire me. Not to laugh lol

rob and I have a special vacation that we want to take. It is a romantic train ride through scotland, and it lasts a few days. very formal, and very romantic. I won't do that till I am skinny enough for the very formal gowns, and for the maneuvering through a crowded train without knocking people around. ;)