Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dealing with bansters when you change.

i agree they need to know that its not permanent i am tired of sharing my story and being called a band basher... i liked the lap band. really i loved it and i was so sad with what happend to me.

I do feel bad that so many people are still being "sold" the band. I was just thinking back to the serious pain I was in last year at this time when my band shattered inside my body. I am so thankful to have that piece of plastic out. I absolutely LOVE my sleeve. I have noticed how (for the most part) the sleeve forum is so positive. I really think that is because the sleeve works and people are happy with it. I think with the band there is a lot of frustration from failure. Also, on the band forum, the few who have working bands tend to judge and blame those who aren't so lucky. I am just so happy to now be on the sleeve side!!!

Well, I always had the opinion that whatever works for you then do it, be it a band or sleeve. There is no reason to be rude about it whatever you choose. It's funny how some sites just breed that sort of thing, I just avoid them. Let it slide, they are just meanies.

A lot of people just assume that because there are band problems, that we did not follow the rules. They claim they are doing better because they follow the rules.

I followed the rules. I did lost a lot of weight with the band. I would have gained all of it back too, when I started having band problems. I gained back 15 lbs in a very short time, waiting for my revision. I did that following all the rules!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dave and I had my band done June 5th 2008. I was up to 345 and I quickly reduced to 275.

I was so happy, but the hunger never stopped. I tried chewing 20 times each small fork or spoon.

but no matter much would get stuck and I ended up vomitting. So as our survival modes kicked in I reverted to crwam Soups, ice cream ect. well soon I was back to 311. I slammed on the breaks hard

having many Protein shakes. very soft foods now I am back down to 296. Its just to damn hard.

So I have elected to go under the knife again. I am having my surgery dome at Srinakarin Hospital Khon Kaen, Thailand. I am an Instructor at Khon Kaen University and the Hospital is part of it.

No, I didn't get a break and I am self pay. But the surgery cost less than my deductibles in America.

The cost is $2,900.usd not bad I think. In 2008 I spent 7,500usd in Mexico with the belite farce.

No support groups other than online. no fills doctors unless I wanted to travel 3-400 miles.

The local Hospital in Neenha, WI. USA duped me out $200 for a deductible and were

just very very poor.

I was born November 26th 1956. I will have the Verticle Sleeve performed November 26th 2011.

I am trully ashamed of the American Medical Association and their partners in the Health Insurance Industry.

I served my country as a soldier and as a civillian (Civil Service). I have grown intolerant of Politicians

and Corporate America. Hence my move to Thailand. No its not perfect here. but they do try to take care of their people.

Long story short, I am doing the sleeve and I feel cheated of the $7,500usd for the band.

The bandsters will say alot of ignorant stupid things, it's because they are easily lead and truly do not know.

I wish both bandsters and sleeve patience the best of luck in our endevor to have a normal healthy life.

I love you all, please take care.

Sincerely Dave

OOPS! Please forgive the typos and a few spelling errors. I was in a rush, sorry.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dave and I had my band done June 5th 2008. I was up to 345 and I quickly reduced to 275.

I was so happy, but the hunger never stopped. I tried chewing 20 times each small fork or spoon.

but no matter much would get stuck and I ended up vomitting. So as our survival modes kicked in I reverted to crwam Soups, ice cream ect. well soon I was back to 311. I slammed on the breaks hard

having many Protein shakes. very soft foods now I am back down to 296. Its just to damn hard.

So I have elected to go under the knife again. I am having my surgery dome at Srinakarin Hospital Khon Kaen, Thailand. I am an Instructor at Khon Kaen University and the Hospital is part of it.

No, I didn't get a break and I am self pay. But the surgery cost less than my deductibles in America.

The cost is $2,900.usd not bad I think. In 2008 I spent 7,500usd in Mexico with the belite farce.

No support groups other than online. no fills doctors unless I wanted to travel 3-400 miles.

The local Hospital in Neenha, WI. USA duped me out $200 for a deductible and were

just very very poor.

I was born November 26th 1956. I will have the Verticle Sleeve performed November 26th 2011.

I am trully ashamed of the American Medical Association and their partners in the Health Insurance Industry.

I served my country as a soldier and as a civillian (Civil Service). I have grown intolerant of Politicians

and Corporate America. Hence my move to Thailand. No its not perfect here. but they do try to take care of their people.

Long story short, I am doing the sleeve and I feel cheated of the $7,500usd for the band.

The bandsters will say alot of ignorant stupid things, it's because they are easily lead and truly do not know.

I wish both bandsters and sleeve patience the best of luck in our endevor to have a normal healthy life.

I love you all, please take care.

Sincerely Dave

Hi Dave, welcome! :)

Your story sounds veeery familiar. *wink* I just wanted to wish you well for your revision surgery coming up next Saturday. Please check in and let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.

Take care!

Good luck Dave! I feel like cheated too since I self paid for my band. The sleeve is awesome though! Worth every penny!!! It works and I wish you the best.