Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Weeks Post Op and am still snacking...

I am two weeks post op and have am doing so much better than I thought I would. I haven't really had any problems with any foods although sometimes there is pain in my chest after I eat. The problem is that I am finding that it hasn't been long enough to lose all my old habits. I denifitely can't eat near as much as I used to, but I am still snacking between meals and am quite certain that halloween candy is not allowed! I really want to be successful and feel so guilty about this, but I think we all know what guilt leads to....so I am trying to stay calm and figure out a good balance. I have been reading tons of posts where people have been barely able to manage liquids and I was wondering if there was anyone out there like me. I know that I have to be only eating about a quarter of the food I was once eating so I am hoping I wiil still have success. Has anyone else experienced a fear that surgery will not work?

get that halloween candy outta the house quick and give out toothbrushes instead!!! It's like have drugs in the house with a recovering drug addict. Everyone fears the surgery will fail and if you eat candy and junk it's bound to. HOWEVER you must live a normal life as well and know that there will be times when you eat a piece of candy here and there. Now that I have said that stop beating yourself up, throw out the junk food, and realize you are two weeks out and can hurt yourself eating Snacks and junk. At two weeks broth was my best friend....

I am one week out and trust me I have been tempted but I don't want to fail I spent way to much money on this! The pain in your chest is from either eating to big a bite or eating to fast. At one week out I am on a full liquid diet. So Soup SF pudding, SF Jello, broth (which I'm sick of), SF hot chocolate, SF popcicles, SF fudgecicles, and yogurt. Get rid of the junk and get back to the basics. Good Luck!

I am a little over 2 weeks out also and I am experiencing what you are experiencing. I have had some trouble getting some foods down, but once they are down my stomach hasn't been sensitive to anything. I haven't had anything with sugar or any sweets but I do find myself snacking on SF puddings and Jello and yogurt. I also am not really following the guidelines set by my doctor and I know that is wrong. I should be in the pureed foods stage but quite frankly the thought of pureed meat is nauseating to me so instead I eat little bits of meat and chew them really good. But nothing tough. I had 1/2 a meatball for dinner last night and that filled me up. I have also been eating Beans (black & white mixed with chicken broth) for lunch because they are high in Protein. But I don't puree them. I feel like they are soft enough. Soup has been my best friend, especially egg drop from the chinese restaurant.

But I get what you mean about hunger. I have been experiencing that also. Although I know it is head hunger, but the littlest amounts of foods satisfy it. So if you have to snack, just stick to sf Snacks, apple sauce, yogurt and you should be ok.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches