Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I asked my Doctor again about anyone losing too much weight. He said it has never happened, but I am still paranoid! I will be 5 months out November 13th, and I am down 68 pounds so far. My doctor's goal is 180. My goal is 160. I am 5'10". I like where I am now at 223! I guess I am going to go to the weight my body wants to go to, but I am still freaking out. I always freak out on those days where I have a lot of restriction. Yesterday was pretty tight! I am only 43 pounds away from my Doctor's goal. That isn't very far away. I could be there by February. I guess I just don't want to be super skinny or sickly skinny. My butt is almost gone, and i had a huge butt!

I am 5'8" and weigh 151. I am not skinny--I still have boobs and some belly fat, but my rear end is flat and my thighs are all wrinkly--but I am slender. You can always gain weight if you need to (we are all experts at gaining) but I think you ought to experience being slender if you have not. There is nothing to be afraid of. It's great!

I'm at 6'2" and 212 this morning. Believe me when I tell you I am not skinny, not by a long shot. I have 4 inches of height on you. I definitely still have boobs and some belly fat, and some top of the thigh ickiness that definitely needs to go. My surgeon didn't set a goal for me, and I selected 190 as the top end of my "goal range," since that would put me solidly in the "normal" range for BMI. But I suspect, as I also have a really restrictive and particular sleeve, that I will go lower than that without trying.

I think Foxbins is right--we need to experience what being slender really feels like (and what feeling healthy and fit feels like--I still have a LONG ways to go in the fitness department). If you decide you want to add a few more pounds back on, we all certainly know how to do that. Even with a restrictive sleeve, I could add some pounds if I tried, through food selection and frequency of eating. So don't worry--you're in control.

I'm 5'7" and weighed about 145 in high school. I was not a super skinny girl in high school. I was actually one of the heavier ones of my friends. I had boobs and a belly. I wore size 9 jeans, so it wasn't a super small size. I don't think you have anything to worry about. You'll look great.

I don't think that you're losing too fast, and there are things that can be done when/as you near goal weight. I was down 80 lb at the five month mark (a couple of weeks ago,) with another 20 to go to my goal range. I'm losing at a comfortable 2-3 lb per week which is managable, and I have room to add more nutritional calories as I get to goal (Thanksgiving will probably help - early December is about when I should be bottoming out.) Losing too much is rare with the VSG, though I suppose there are some who may get overly obsessive on the diet front and keep going beyond what is healthy, but excessive loss is usually only seen with the DS where they are fiddling around with metabolism with the intestinal work they do, but even with that it's not an overly common problem.

There are plenty of ways to get calories past your sleeve (which will be a problem for some in the long term) so over-losing shouldn't be a big worry.

Does your doc do any body composition measurements - body fat, lean mass, etc.? That is a better guide to where you should be than simple scale weight.

Well if you are like me, stress will cause restriction so stop stressing over it. Just let your body do what it wants to do and if you get to a point where you feel you are getting too thin, start playing with the foods you eat, eating more carbs, adding more healthy fats, etc and you will be fine.

I was 18 lbs below my physician's goal (my goal was 5 lbs less than his). I wasn't sure HOW I could stop, but rest assured, you can stop! My dietitian told me to add a few calories, splurge a little, start drinking 1% milk, get gravy on the side and dip, things like that. I would never add calories by eating ice cream, twinkies, things like that, but it's nice to have banana nut bread in my life about once a week. (star bucks on friday is how we start friday date night - great pumpkin bread and banana nut bread!!) I was able to gain a few lbs, back up to 138 from 132. I am comfortable between 138 and 142. If I get up to 145, I can drop back down in a couple of days. It's great!! I never thought I could weigh this, I was happy at 165 or 170 - who knew how well this 'tool' could work!!! Don't set the bar too low - you want to have a healthy BMI - under 25. Others will be alarmed at how thin you are and it will take you months to look in the mirror and recognize yourself, but you will love it and you will get use to it!! I hit goal in just under 5 months, almost 80lbs, now I'm stable at 9 lbs below goal. 88 lbs total.

I asked my Doctor again about anyone losing too much weight. He said it has never happened, but I am still paranoid! I will be 5 months out November 13th, and I am down 68 pounds so far. My doctor's goal is 180. My goal is 160. I am 5'10". I like where I am now at 223! I guess I am going to go to the weight my body wants to go to, but I am still freaking out. I always freak out on those days where I have a lot of restriction. Yesterday was pretty tight! I am only 43 pounds away from my Doctor's goal. That isn't very far away. I could be there by February. I guess I just don't want to be super skinny or sickly skinny. My butt is almost gone, and i had a huge butt!

Well if you are like me, stress will cause restriction so stop stressing over it. Just let your body do what it wants to do and if you get to a point where you feel you are getting too thin, start playing with the foods you eat, eating more carbs, adding more healthy fats, etc and you will be fine.

ITA with this!!

june13, It's more simple than we think. :) Just go with it.

Like me, I work on my fitness and fat %. If I lose more Lbs or if I don't c'est la vie. I could stop here if I wanted and many people including my husband do consider me "skinny" and constantly being asked when I plan to stop. I just tell them I'm not in control, my body is. I'm within a few % points of being considered moderately lean for a woman which is in reality much skinnier than most in this country. I love how I feel! You will get used it in time.

OMG I wish I had this problem. I'm under a month since sleeved and have been stalled for over a week. I've lost only 13 lbs since surgery and wish I was worried about loosing too much. I'm actually worried that I'll be the one person that still doesn't loose weight after being sleeved. lol :unsure: I see how much all of you had lost each month and pray I somewhere get there.

OMG I wish I had this problem. I'm under a month since sleeved and have been stalled for over a week. I've lost only 13 lbs since surgery and wish I was worried about loosing too much. I'm actually worried that I'll be the one person that still doesn't loose weight after being sleeved. lol :unsure: I see how much all of you had lost each month and pray I somewhere get there.

Don't set yourself up for failure by thinking you wont lose. Do a search of the 3 week stall and you will be amazed at how MANY posts there are, most people don't have a loss around the 2-4th week. You just had major surgery and your body is trying to keep up.

Please save your sanity and don't compare yourself to others, we are all different and we all lose different. Just keep doing what you need to do :)

One more thing, I know people worry about stalls, just try to ignore them, it will happen. I refuse to think of it as a stall unless I was doing everything right and still stayed at the same weight for at least a month.

I may just be freaking out, but I am already throwing in calories and having a little ice cream here and there. I just can not eat a lot. I do not count carbs. I have not even started to excersize! I couldn't drink 8 glasses of Water a day at all if I wanted to eat too. I was scared a few weeks ago about being able to finally eat, but this last week restriction is back in full effect. This crazy little sleeve!! I will just roll with it. Let's see where I am in 4 months!