Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessions of a Shopaholic

I am about halfway to goal (give or take) I love to shop for clothes and I have a ridiculous amount of clothes (ranging from size 18-22's and 1x and 2x's) I have 40+ pairs of jeans, 100s of tops etc. I have recently starting pililng up my clothes that are too big, and I was so excited to give away all my clothes that no longer fit. Then i started to get anxious, what if I give away thousands of dollars of clothes and I end up needing them again????

I have a ton of clothes in many sizes too. I think we are scared to get rid of them b/c in the past we have always put weight back on. I will get rid of the big sizes that no longer fit as I lose weight. Hopefully, the sleeve will help me to keep it off.

Then go back to salvation army and buy them back :rolleyes:

Hey you are losing the weight and not likely to put it back on. Don't overbuy on your way down the scale or you will be spending a small fortune on things you only need for a month.

Keep one pair of fat jeans to a year from now you can go Wow!

Oh no- you're not seriously planning to fail are you? Heck no! Get rid of all but one pair of jeans... Look back at them and remember ... And be proud of how far you've come

Thanks you guys! it's hard to imagine myself not needing those clothes for once because I ALWAYS have needed everytime I tried a new diet. I really plan to make sure I don't, its just hard to believe it, you know?

I'm getting rid of all of 'em! :) I will NEVER wear a size 24 again . . ..

Wait... I need that size now! LOL :rolleyes:

I was a 26-28...after 50 lbs...I am a 20-22! I have some of my smaller clothes from a few yrs ago when I lost 100 lbs doing low carb...but those are running out. We need a clothes give-away program...so it helps each other on their way down the scale! I have some 26-28's...praise GOD they no longer fit me! :)

Ladies it is the best feeling to walk into Lane Bryant and walk out cause everything is too big! I offically wear a plain XL from Target and Old Navy and I bought a SIZE 16!!! omg I wore a 16 in high school. And I am 6 pounds away from my weight that I was when I graduated from high school in 2001!

I have given 7 HUGE boxes of very good clothes to my local charity. I document what I give them and they give me a nice receipt for a tax deduction. PLUS, those clothes are used for the needy. I feel very good about donating clothes that I will never wear again. I am totally amazed at how fast I go down in sizes. I still have a second closet about half full of clothes ready to wear. Some still have the price tags on them that I had bought thinking I would get into them "someday." Well, the "someday" has come. This is definitely a fun part of this journey.

You won't need them! I think we all go through this because of our past bad experiences with the yoyo dieting. I had a few items I kept because I really loved them. I tried them on a couple of weeks ago and I could not believe how huge they were on me. Just think of all the cute new clothes you can buy now!