Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Joining the October Club! Oct 11 is my date!

Just wanted to say hi to all in the October club! My date is 10/11, 2 weeks from yesterday and I just can't wait to be sleeved. I am in the midst of a 4 week doctor ordered liquid diet. Yup, you read that right - 4 weeks! Don't know why but that is what my doctor wants of all his patients for liver shrinking. The first week and a half was pure torture and caused me a lot of meltdowns and tears, but the last few days have gotten a lot easier. I guess my stomach is shrinking because I really don't feel that hungry anymore, but I do crave certain foods. Did anyone ever notice how many commercials have close up pictures of food in them!!! I never noticed until now. I have to look away sometimes. If it were a drinking game I'd be drunk by the end of a 1 hour show. Lol.

Anyway, so glad to be a member of the October club! New beginnings are around all of our corners! Good luck to you all!

YAY, we are Sleeve Twins, I'm on 10/11 too! :) Honestly I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I'm sure that the few people that I've told about my surgery are getting sick of me because I feel like it's all I talk about. :) I'm ready, just ready to go!

That is a LONG pre-op diet! I start mine on Friday.

So glad to have you in the October club, it's so cool that we're all making such great changes in our lives.

-Lisa

Welcome, Fusilli!! So glad you're here! I cannot believe your doc has a 4-week pre op plan! Wow. Toture! But you are doing awesome, it sounds like and your body will most likely be in better shape than mine :P My surgeon only requires low-carb, low-fat for 2 weeks - no liquids. So weird how every surgeon is SO different!

Had to laugh about the commercials and the drinking game :lol: That's funny! I've read that a lot on here....I'm sure I'll experience it after the surgery.....you'll be well prepared by then!!!

Hi there,

I am going to be an October Sleever too! I am British but living in France and I started my journey back in June when I decided enough was enough was enough!!! I went originally to my doc to request a gastric band. He then sent me to a surgeon who said he very rarely does bands anymore and recommended the sleeve. I was a bit stumped as I had not planned on removing a bit of my stomach!!

However, after alot of research I realised it was THE solution for me. So all summer I have had my medical visits (cardio, psyc etc) and I have recived my letter to say I have been accepted! October 13th is the big day. Its funny, I know my weight has held me up in many ways but when reading all the stories on here I kept finding more and more examples from others as to how my weight has held me back. Am so pleased this is actually going to happen for me!!!

I start my pre op diet on thursday 6th... here in France it is yoghurt, yoghurt and then more yoghurt!!

Wishing you all luck on journey to Sleevesville!!

Hello,

I'm due for my sleeve on 10/11 as well check in time for me is 6:00 am, and surgery is scheduled for 7:25~ I'm excited and scared at the same time, I keep waiting for the phone to ring and the doctors office saying "oh sorry we have to reschedule" this is surgery date number 4 for me, and I'm hoping it sticks. I started my pre-op diet on 10/1 first 7 days I did great but not so great on day 8 not sure what came over me but I couldn't stop eating, back at it on day 9 and today- I was banded in May 08 and had it removed in Dec 09 one of the hardest days of my life, I had an erosion and my than doctor told me there was nothing he could do to help me keep the weight off. so since Dec 09 I gained back the 70 pounds I had lost with the band, its been a living nightmare to say the least In Feb I contacted my doctor who put me in contact with a new doctor who has done revisions from Band to sleeve and he says he can do it I have an 18% higher rate of complicatoins due to all of my scar tissue but i'm willing to take the chance I want my life back.

I have avoided telling anyone other than my 27 year old daughter, everyone knew I had the band and it was horrible the judgement from people made it really hard to be happy about my new healthy life- of course they all said I would fail.,,, :o(

Best of luck to all October sleevers- can't wait to read how everyone is doing.

Hey, Boo. I've added you to our roster. Welcome! So glad you're here! I totally know what you are going through about not telling anyone. People are SO judmental and can be condescening, even when they love us...in fact, I think it's worse when they love us and want to give advice (unwanted normally!)

I have told almost everyone that i am having laparascopic hiatal hernia repair. It's almost the same type of surgery, the same routine, the same time, same recovery, etc, just what they do inside of us that's different! Maybe if you run into your aunt, etc, that would be a good cover story?

Anyhoo, glad you're here with us - welcome to our family...we won't judge you or make you feel bad!!

Hey, Boo. I've added you to our roster. Welcome! So glad you're here! I totally know what you are going through about not telling anyone. People are SO judmental and can be condescening, even when they love us...in fact, I think it's worse when they love us and want to give advice (unwanted normally!)

I have told almost everyone that i am having laparascopic hiatal hernia repair. It's almost the same type of surgery, the same routine, the same time, same recovery, etc, just what they do inside of us that's different! Maybe if you run into your aunt, etc, that would be a good cover story?

Anyhoo, glad you're here with us - welcome to our family...we won't judge you or make you feel bad!!

I didn't tell a lot of people about my surgery and lo and behold, my Dr. found a hiatal hernia while he was doing my sleeve. So, anyone that asks, I had a hiatal hernia repair. Worked as a great excuse when I had to drink Protein during our church potluck on Sunday. It might be strange to people that I eventually lose 100 lbs from that repair, but I'm not worried about that.

oh Soon2BminiMommy that sounds like a great idea and thats what I will plan on doing, thank you so much I can now sleep tonight knowing I can give them a reason for me being there. :)

Im having mine done as well on the 13th in NY. My Dr. required that we lose 10% of our total weight before our surgery. (My husband and I) And then our surgery was scheduled. It was a combination of low carbs and shake diet. But I managed. Good luck!

Hi there,

I am going to be an October Sleever too! I am British but living in France and I started my journey back in June when I decided enough was enough was enough!!! I went originally to my doc to request a gastric band. He then sent me to a surgeon who said he very rarely does bands anymore and recommended the sleeve. I was a bit stumped as I had not planned on removing a bit of my stomach!!

However, after alot of research I realised it was THE solution for me. So all summer I have had my medical visits (cardio, psyc etc) and I have recived my letter to say I have been accepted! October 13th is the big day. Its funny, I know my weight has held me up in many ways but when reading all the stories on here I kept finding more and more examples from others as to how my weight has held me back. Am so pleased this is actually going to happen for me!!!

I start my pre op diet on thursday 6th... here in France it is yoghurt, yoghurt and then more yoghurt!!

Wishing you all luck on journey to Sleevesville!!