Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys,

I am doing the nasal spray but there has to be a cheaper way! Is there such a thing as a pill? And I found some folks get liquid....from where???? Thanks, Tracy w

PS. And what about Calcium....can you find cheaper ones than like on the bariatric sites?

Most places sell a sub-lingual tablet that dissolves under the tongue. I personally take a Vitamin C drink named EmergenC which is also chock full of B12, I take it 3 times a week.

You can get sublingual B-12 at Walmart for like, 3 bucks. The cheapest calcium citrate is Citracal, but they are huge pills (even the Petites are pretty big). The cheapest chewable calciim citrate I have found comes from Vitacost.com and doesn't taste too bad, though all of the chewables are pretty grainy.

I use one that disolves right on the tongue like a breath strip. It is made by Jamieson and it tastes exactly like a breath strip, so after you take it your breath is minty fresh! I like it alot. For Calcium I take those chocolaty chews and for my multi Vitamin I take two gummy vitamins. For me my Vitamins daily are like a sweet treat and I actually look forward to taking my vitamins everyday!!! Hope that helps

I am getting my sub-liguual b-12 from Trader Joes, but not as inexpensive as Wal-Mart. Right now I am taking Barriatric Advantage pills still since I am horrible at taking my suppliments as my follow up appointments have shown. Bad me which is not good for my health. So, I spend the money because I am too lazy. I got my Calcium from Longs Drugs after my Barratric Advantage chewables (taste like starbursts or tootsie rolls)

Hope you find a great answer and share your results.

Just make sure you're getting calcium citrate not Calcium carbonate. The only place to get the calcium citrate in chews is online. The chocolate ones are really good and I have them on auto ship so it's 9.99 per month.

That's only 1/3 of my calcium that I need though . for the rest, I drink a liquid I get from costco. I also take calcium citrate capsules that get from vitacost.

You can get sample packs for free from Bariatric Advantage and from Celebrate of different Vitamins and calcium.

I couldn't take the chewables from vitacost any longer. They were just too sweet. The capsules are easy to take.

Get the sublingual vit B12 that dissolves under your tongue. It's cheap at Walmart and I am sure Walgreens or anyplace like that would carry them.

Just make sure you're getting calcium citrate not Calcium carbonate. The only place to get the calcium citrate in chews is online. The chocolate ones are really good and I have them on auto ship so it's 9.99 per month.

That's only 1/3 of my calcium that I need though . for the rest, I drink a liquid I get from costco. I also take calcium citrate capsules that get from vitacost.

You can get sample packs for free from Bariatric Advantage and from Celebrate of different Vitamins and calcium.

I couldn't take the chewables from vitacost any longer. They were just too sweet. The capsules are easy to take.

Get the sublingual vit B12 that dissolves under your tongue. It's cheap at Walmart and I am sure Walgreens or anyplace like that would carry them.

Where do you get the chocolate chews for 9.99 a month...gotta know! Thanks, Oregondaisy!

I've tried a few different brands and I seem to like the Celebrate Vitamins the best. I went to their website and got a sample pack. I like their chewable Iron the best of all that I have tried. It doesn't have that yucky metallic taste afterwards.

I get them from Bariatric Advantage. You have to put them on auto ship to get that price. They charge my credit card once a month.

You still need more Calcium than 2 of those chews per day though. There is 60 in a bag and I think 2 of them is only 500 mg. and we need more than that.

My dr. wants at least 1500 in supplements besides yogurt, cheese etc, because I am post menopause.

I buy all my Vitamins at Walmart. I searched around before surgery and found this to be the cheapest place at least for what I feel I need. The value packs are the best way to go if you are purchasing them at Walmart, that way you get the best bang for you dollar. I take a Calcium, B12, Iron, Biotin, an acid reflux everyday. Plus I think they do offer chocolate calcium chews there as well. I also got a monthly pill holder which i keep on my night stand where I usually always have a glass of Water so I remember to take mine. I was never a pill person before. In fact the idea of taking a pill everyday just seemed crazy, but now that I've gotten into the routine its just habit. Just offering my input, hope this helps.

The chocolate Calcium at Walmart is calcium carbonate not calcium citrate. Calcium carbonate is garbage and is hardly absorbed.

Those five hour energy shots have a TON of B Vitamins, but I don't think you can take them on a regular basis.

I get my B-12 evey month using an injection. My surgeon calls them in for me but 6 one one unit vials cost about $12.00 without insurance. For Calcium I use vita fusion Multi Vitamins gummys and target brand calcium. It is a treat. I am however 8 months post op.

I get my B-12 evey month using an injection. My surgeon calls them in for me but 6 one one unit vials cost about $12.00 without insurance. For Calcium I use vita fusion Multi Vitamins gummys and target brand calcium. It is a treat. I am however 8 months post op.

Hubby and I just started doing the Vita fusion Calcium gummies...I'm 1 year post-op and he is nearly 8 months post-op. I talked to our NUT who said that the tricalcium phosphate (that is how it's listed on the bottle) is similar to calcium carbonate...boo. :nonod: But she said it's okay if we take them but to take them WITH food. So we'll probably keep using them since we have 2 sleevers in the house trying to get all our vits in...makes for a very expensive Vitamin household!

She also said that we can start doing non-chewable vits, so I may switch to Citrical petites (they are citrate) since they are small and easy to swallow. DH likes the gummies though and uses it as his "dessert." :biggrin5:

i am going to do the B12 injections after my surgery, but when do i start the injections?